British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

cornishhouse May 30th 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8598156)
Congratulations. A major milestone!

Thank you Martin

amrskipro May 30th 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by cornishhouse (Post 8599612)
Thank you Martin

Well done (in case I hvaen't already said so) noticed we are on almost identical time lines.

Going to be interesting to see how long medicals take to get processed.

Gaz67 May 31st 2010 1:50 am

Gratz to all who have received med requests , 120 day letters or are other news from CHC.... been busy busy this end...
Good Luck to all... :thumbsup:

Canada is wonderful :0)

Gaz

Can2010 May 31st 2010 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8600439)
Gratz to all who have received med requests , 120 day letters or are other news from CHC.... been busy busy this end...
Good Luck to all... :thumbsup:

Canada is wonderful :0)

Gaz

Thank you very much Gaz! Hope all is well with you!

Good luck to you too:thumbsup:

lovekan May 31st 2010 8:23 am

hi

guys

i just wanted to ask.

i am preparing all my documents and ready to send it tommorrow, had a quick question.

do i references and paid work proof for just myself or my spouse as well?

i have all my references and contracts but i do not have one for my wife..

please help/

amrskipro May 31st 2010 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by lovekan (Post 8601008)
hi

guys

i just wanted to ask.

i am preparing all my documents and ready to send it tommorrow, had a quick question.

do i references and paid work proof for just myself or my spouse as well?

i have all my references and contracts but i do not have one for my wife..

please help/

No if you are the principle applicant you do not need anything for your wife (other than the forms that you have to complete for/ about her) and the obvious proof documentation like marriage certificate & passport copies etc.

shazza69 May 31st 2010 3:21 pm

really, i sent in my wifes references aswell as mine,

amrskipro May 31st 2010 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8601668)
really, i sent in my wifes references aswell as mine,

So did we but the question was 'do you have to' - we went with the plan that the more employable and viable we appeared to be as a couple the better our chances. We sent everything we thought could possibly assist an immigration officer decide that we were worthy candidates (ie lots).

LinsyPinsy May 31st 2010 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8601678)
So did we but the question was 'do you have to' - we went with the plan that the more employable and viable we appeared to be as a couple the better our chances. We sent everything we thought could possibly assist an immigration officer decide that we were worthy candidates (ie lots).

The info in the guide seemed to change some time in March...dont know what date. Prior to this it was only the principal app that had to send in references, but now its the spouse as well. We sent ours in March but didn't notice the change so we may have to submit spouse references as well if requested.

lins

MapleSauce Jun 1st 2010 9:27 am

For FSW, I had to send my wife's work history, employment contracts and reference letters as per new guidance in the London Visa office-specific forms checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

See Section 7:

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, your spouse or common-law partner provide:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.

jobop Jun 1st 2010 9:52 am

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8603282)
For FSW, I had to send my wife's work history, employment contracts and reference letters as per new guidance in the London Visa office-specific forms checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

See Section 7:

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, your spouse or common-law partner provide:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.

I am not at the 120 email stage as yet - keeping my fingers and toes crossed :fingerscrossed:

I read the new rules also about providing, in my case common laws, work experience you would of thought that it would not be needed as you'd think its just the NOC work experience that is relevant for the principal applicant??
Annoying as when the time comes will need to gather yet more paperwork - but hey I guess we all knew this would not be easy!!

Good luck everyone who is at the 120 email stage and good luck to all those waiting to get that 120 email (me included)
;)

asitoja Jun 1st 2010 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Can2010 (Post 8597706)
Thank you so much for your comment! That's a very good idea! In that case I'm not expecting any news before the end of September .

Good luck to you too.

Hi all! I finally got my most waited 120day email. I'm now ready to submit the requirements. Goodluck to everyone.

jobop Jun 1st 2010 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8603824)
Hi all! I finally got my most waited 120day email. I'm now ready to submit the requirements. Goodluck to everyone.

What was your timeline? How long did you have to wait for the 120 day email??

Fantastic news for you :thumbsup:

asitoja Jun 1st 2010 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 8603835)
What was your timeline? How long did you have to wait for the 120 day email??

Fantastic news for you :thumbsup:

I sent mine on March 23, received in NS on March 30, CC charged on April 21, and the 120email notice today (June1).

Gaz67 Jun 1st 2010 4:23 pm

ECAS changed to Med Results received / Decision made today !!

Just awaiting the return of our Passports after sending them off 3 weeks ago today!! on the 9th May so fingers crossed they reach here soon..

I mailed them by Fedex from Kamloops BC and they arrived in London CHC signed for by Manuel 2 days later .. this was with their fast delivery service.

Will keep you guys informed when they arrive back to us in Kamloops

Cheers
Gaz

diablorouge Jun 1st 2010 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8603842)
I sent mine on March 23, received in NS on March 30, CC charged on April 21, and the 120email notice today (June1).

Great News Asitoja, really pleased for you, you sent your application a day before we did and it was received by NS the day before ours!
Just heard that they have debited our CC too so hope to hear something in the way of a 120 day notice in a day or two:fingerscrossed:

Best wishes to all waiting with us

Midge

Bali2010 Jun 1st 2010 10:35 pm

Excellent news:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8604070)

ooh, great, :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8604159)
Just heard that they have debited our CC too so hope to hear something in the way of a 120 day notice in a day or two:fingerscrossed:

Good luck Midge:fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Jun 2nd 2010 7:25 am

Congratulations.

It would help others if you could share your timeline in your signature strip.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jun 2nd 2010 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8604070)

Just awaiting the return of our Passports after sending them off 3 weeks ago today!! on the 9th May so fingers crossed they reach here soon..

I mailed them by Fedex from Kamloops BC and they arrived in London CHC signed for by Manuel 2 days later .. this was with their fast delivery service.

Will keep you guys informed when they arrive back to us in Kamloops

Cheers
Gaz

Not long, Gaz!!!!

diablorouge Jun 2nd 2010 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8604721)
Excellent news:thumbup:

ooh, great, :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Good luck Midge:fingerscrossed:

Thanks Bali, much appreciated:thumbup:

soon to be ex Jun 2nd 2010 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7770768)
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

We sent our application 22 Mar 10, our CC was charged on the 18 May 10. We have yet to receive any kind of contact. Getting extremely anxious/nervous. Should I be or is this the norm? Any thoughts most welcome.

soon to be ex Jun 2nd 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8603842)

We sent ours Mar 26 (normal post - did you send by courier? As we have no idea when it arrived in NS) CC charged 18 May, so will wait 40 odd days before getting very twitchy if no e-mail. Good Luck.

christmasoompa Jun 2nd 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by soon to be ex (Post 8606469)
We sent our application 22 Mar 10, our CC was charged on the 18 May 10. We have yet to receive any kind of contact. Getting extremely anxious/nervous. Should I be or is this the norm? Any thoughts most welcome.

Don't worry about it, it can take several weeks (or even months) after your cc is debited before you get your 120 day letter. If they've taken the money then it means they've deemed you to be eligible on initial checks, so that's good. You've just got to be patient and wait for the 120 day letter now.

Good luck! :)

Martin99 Jun 3rd 2010 8:54 am

Originally Posted by soon to be ex (Post 8606469)

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8606623)
Don't worry about it, it can take several weeks (or even months) after your cc is debited before you get your 120 day letter. If they've taken the money then it means they've deemed you to be eligible on initial checks, so that's good. You've just got to be patient and wait for the 120 day letter now.

Good luck! :)

I agree. Patience is needed now. It is good news that the card has been charged. Do check that you have added CIC to your safe senders list on your email system.

Cheers

Martin

MapleSauce Jun 3rd 2010 9:59 am

i second those opinions. My CC was charged 13th Feb, and i didn't get the 120 mail till 29th April.

diablorouge Jun 3rd 2010 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by soon to be ex (Post 8606507)
We sent ours Mar 26 (normal post - did you send by courier? As we have no idea when it arrived in NS) CC charged 18 May, so will wait 40 odd days before getting very twitchy if no e-mail. Good Luck.

Just received our 120 Day Notice this afternoon :thumbsup: so don't fret too much

as you will see from our time line we are very similar to yours, good luck!!!

Now did I mention that we received our 120 Day Notice this afternoon???
:eek::D:D:D:D

Midge

amrskipro Jun 3rd 2010 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8609150)
Just received our 120 Day Notice this afternoon :thumbsup: so don't fret too much

as you will see from our time line we are very similar to yours, good luck!!!

Midge

Feels good to get some progress doesn't it.

I am guessing that everyone is asking because they want to time the police checks so that they are still valid when the main body of documents are assessed. No one wants to delay their application waiting for the police checks but no one wants a longer delay which would happen if the police checks expire during the process.

It is little things like this that add additional stress to the process in my experience especially when the UK police checks took three weeks to return and the Australian one took five days - figure that one out?

BumbleBeeUK Jun 3rd 2010 8:54 pm

Hi everyone - just wondered what you think about emailing for an update from CHC... it is nearly 120 days since i supplied CHC with information they requested, and i have still not heard anything. Do you think its a bad thing to badger?!

thanks for your time
bbuk

shazza69 Jun 4th 2010 7:27 am

I didnt even think about the police check expireing while in process. how long are they valid for

lovekan Jun 4th 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8610748)
I didnt even think about the police check expireing while in process. how long are they valid for

i think its 6mths

shazza69 Jun 4th 2010 7:39 am

i wasnt sure if it was 3 months from the date of issue. my police certs are dated 22 march and i sent my app to cic 25 may, so if its 3 months i only have 1 month left on them for my app to be processed, and if they expire in the meantime will they request a new one or is it ok once you have received your aor, which i am waiting for at the moment.

lovekan Jun 4th 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8610771)
i wasnt sure if it was 3 months from the date of issue. my police certs are dated 22 march and i sent my app to cic 25 may, so if its 3 months i only have 1 month left on them for my app to be processed, and if they expire in the meantime will they request a new one or is it ok once you have received your aor, which i am waiting for at the moment.

ya that will be a issue if its 3mths...

rubberduckofdeath Jun 4th 2010 9:19 am

I'm coming up on the 8 week mark from initial application to NS. It'll be 8 weeks in about 4 days time... Fingers crossed that I get an email soon! Nothing showing on my CC yet so I guess I'm still at least a week or so away from that email...

:fingerscrossed:

Taucher03 Jun 4th 2010 10:15 am

Hi DIABLOROUGE and SOON TO BE EX,

congratulations for the 120 day email.:thumbup:
I have sent my app on 26th of March 2010 and I'm very agog, if your timeline is similar to mine. That would mean, I should get a email at beginning of next week.:fingerscrossed:
Up to now my CC hasn't been charged.:huh:
So, we will see what AND when comes next.

Best wishes
Klaus

shazza69 Jun 4th 2010 10:49 am

ive tried to check my application online and it dosnt come ujp with anything is it because i have no aor yet.

Martin99 Jun 4th 2010 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK (Post 8609652)
Hi everyone - just wondered what you think about emailing for an update from CHC... it is nearly 120 days since i supplied CHC with information they requested, and i have still not heard anything. Do you think its a bad thing to badger?!

thanks for your time
bbuk

I don't think it would do any harm.

Cheers

Martin

Silverdragon102 Jun 4th 2010 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8610748)

3 months, as long as 3 months and application submission you should be OK

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp

Bali2010 Jun 4th 2010 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8609150)

Midge

Excellent - feels good doesn't it?

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK (Post 8609652)

thanks for your time
bbuk

ooh, I hope you hear soon & I was getting woried about mine.

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8611069)
ive tried to check my application online and it dosnt come ujp with anything is it because i have no aor yet.

mine doesn't come up with anything either & I'm also without an AOR, so perhaps so.

LinsyPinsy Jun 4th 2010 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8612079)
Excellent - feels good doesn't it?

ooh, I hope you hear soon & I was getting woried about mine.

mine doesn't come up with anything either & I'm also without an AOR, so perhaps so.

I think you can use your reciept number from the 120 day letter to check your status...didn't try it myself but it is possible.
lns

Miss Clinique Jun 4th 2010 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8612086)
I think you can use your reciept number from the 120 day letter to check your status...didn't try it myself but it is possible.
lns

Mine doesnt come up with anything, just says that it may have been recieved, but not on the system yet, or something like that. I know they are looking at it as we had the request to get finger prints and Canadian police clearance, so dont really understand the ECAS thing really.:confused: