British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

EVA3695 Nov 18th 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8098760)
No idea, her last post was in September........?

Just had email notification for PPR - Still in shock - wasn't expecting to hear anything that soon especially since our DMP sent the medicals to Ottawa! Ah - well...................best get those passports organised.!!! Medicals done 19th October - PPR 18th November

Oh and by the way - E-cas still shows as in process...just checked now.

purple80 Nov 18th 2009 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8107595)
Just had email notification for PPR - Still in shock - wasn't expecting to hear anything that soon especially since our DMP sent the medicals to Ottawa! Ah - well...................best get those passports organised.!!! Medicals done 19th October - PPR 18th November

Woo hoo, so excited for you and hoping that we are not too far behind.....I check our ECAS earlier and their has been no change, even thought I know they have had the medicals....

Congratulations Jane and family.

Charlie xx

Gaz67 Nov 18th 2009 5:03 pm

Hi all im usually notified bout comments in this thread from my aol!! the last week it hasnt happened is this because i havent posted much in this thread?

anyways i thought it was quiet, hoping everyone a quick n speedy PR Status

ps lets start a FB group for this FSM APP?? maybe a good idea!! or not lol

Cheers All

http://www.facebook.com/SWUFFY?ref=profile

ps dont ask why im Swuffy first nickname i could think of lol

Martin99 Nov 18th 2009 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8107595)

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

dayvt Nov 18th 2009 7:37 pm

Can someone please give me a quick step by step guide of what to expect...Using no acronyms please.
I'm getting lost with all the AOR, PPR etc
Thanks in advance

Martin99 Nov 18th 2009 7:38 pm

Just checked my post. Tucked away in a small brown envelope were our medical test requests dated 16 November, two weeks after they started processing our file at CHC London. Hard to believe!!!! :eek:

dayvt Nov 18th 2009 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by dayvt (Post 8108188)
Can someone please give me a quick step by step guide of what to expect...Using no acronyms please.
Thanks in advance

p.s signature now updated

LinsyPinsy Nov 18th 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks in advance

Dayvt,
I was exactly the same. Its really confusing:unsure:... Robin (The Gadget family) has a link to abbreviations link on one of his posts that you might find useful. Type in 'abbrevations' under the search thing at the top and you should see his post.
If I were better at this posting thing I might be able to quote his post, but not sure how to do properly.
The wiki link at the top should be helpful as well. I have learned so much in the last 2 weeks I've been on this forum, and you get to know kindred spirits along the way.:D
What route are you going thro, FSW?
lnsy

purple80 Nov 18th 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8108192)
Just checked my post. Tucked away in a small brown envelope were our medical test requests dated 16 November, two weeks after they started processing our file at CHC London. Hard to believe!!!! :eek:

At last.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8108498)
Dayvt,
I was exactly the same. Its really confusing:unsure:... Robin (The Gadget family) has a link to abbreviations link on one of his posts that you might find useful. Type in 'abbrevations' under the search thing at the top and you should see his post.
If I were better at this posting thing I might be able to quote his post, but not sure how to do properly.
The wiki link at the top should be helpful as well. I have learned so much in the last 2 weeks I've been on this forum, and you get to know kindred spirits along the way.:D
lnsy

Robin is a her! :)

LinsyPinsy Nov 18th 2009 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8108503)
At last.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robin is a her! :)

Ooops!!!:o Sorry Robin

LOL

LinsyPinsy Nov 18th 2009 9:59 pm

Martin,
Yeh!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Excellent news
lnsy

Gaz67 Nov 18th 2009 10:48 pm

wowow great stuff Martin :thumbup:

thats quick indeed :ohmy: so happy for you may the next stage just arrive as speedy :thumbsup:

Gaz

burton bunch Nov 18th 2009 10:51 pm

ooooo mine should be here in the next few days:thumbsup:

Gaz67 Nov 18th 2009 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8108705)
ooooo mine should be here in the next few days:thumbsup:

we hope so :eek:

good luck

humanist Nov 19th 2009 1:19 am

Wow, that's great news! Congratulations :thumbup:

....that was extremely quick, so er, who did you slip the tenner to? ;)

dayvt Nov 19th 2009 8:52 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8108498)
Dayvt,
lnsy

Thanks Linsy I will have a look.
Yeah, i'm going down the FSW route. I only posted it around 6 weeks ago but already i'm becoming impatient...doesn't bode well :)
Looking at other people, i should receive the first contact any day now.
DT

dayvt Nov 19th 2009 8:54 am

Thanks in advance

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations

daisychain Nov 19th 2009 12:34 pm

Congratulations on your meds request!! Glad you didn't have to wait as long as us!! :thumbup:

burton bunch Nov 19th 2009 2:44 pm

Oh freaking Yes - my meds have been sent :thumbsup:

daisychain Nov 19th 2009 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8110226)

Congratulations!!:thumbsup:

Good luck with your meds.

purple80 Nov 19th 2009 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8110226)

Congrats Gaynor, London is really on a roll at the moment!

Miss Clinique Nov 19th 2009 6:13 pm

:thumbsup: Congratulations :thumbsup:

wtacanada Nov 19th 2009 11:48 pm

The current FSW applicaiton time frames at CIO Sydney is approximately 8 weeks.

You should write to CIO Sydney in case your time frames have exceeded these time lines

Gaz67 Nov 20th 2009 12:32 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8110346)
Congrats Gaynor, London is really on a roll at the moment!

I like this roll hope it carrys on for the next few months for us all

:)

Gaz

Martin99 Nov 20th 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for the best wishes everyone!

We have the medicals booked for 30 November in Nottingham.

Interestingly, the process letter accompanying the medical requests asked for the permanent resident fees for both of us. Nothing unusual there. However, it also asked us to send our passports to CHC 30 days after we have the medical. The letter says that they will not write to ask again. Has the system changed as I thought they only ask for passports after they have received the medical results?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Martin

joinerboy Nov 20th 2009 10:43 am

Hi
Martin

Looks like CHC have already completed your final background checks some times these checks can still be on going after meds have been done. Looks like you could have your landing visa by late Jan earlier Feb all being well.
All the best Martin

Regards
Joinerboy

Martin99 Nov 20th 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8112383)
Hi
Martin

Looks like CHC have already completed your final background checks some times these checks can still be on going after meds have been done. Looks like you could have your landing visa by late Jan earlier Feb all being well.
All the best Martin

Regards
Joinerboy

Wow. That would be fast!

Thanks for the feedback. I had better update my passport as it only has 10 months left on it.

Cheers

Martin

daisychain Nov 20th 2009 12:58 pm

We updated our passports when the medicals come through as they only had 10 months on, they took 1 week to come back from when we took them to the post office!!

Good luck at your medicals.:fingerscrossed:

shazza69 Nov 20th 2009 1:32 pm

just wondering if i should have heard back from my initial application from ns its been 10 weeks this monday and havnt heard a thing......is there someone i can contact to check

samjr400 Nov 20th 2009 5:10 pm

OMG OMG OMG Finally after sending our documents to Centralised Intake Sydney in FEBRUARY 09 we have our 120 day letter. This has got to be one of the most celebrated 120 day letters ever. Especially as we expected this within 4-6 weeks as it should have beenat that tim wooooooohoooooooooo
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

humanist Nov 20th 2009 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 8113251)
OMG OMG OMG Finally after sending our documents to Centralised Intake Sydney in FEBRUARY 09 we have our 120 day letter. This has got to be one of the most celebrated 120 day letters ever. Especially as we expected this within 4-6 weeks as it should have beenat that tim wooooooohoooooooooo

Congrats!

Why do you think it took so long?

Kaye. Nov 20th 2009 7:08 pm

Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

Alphawolf Nov 20th 2009 7:22 pm

Congratulations Sam,

We need to accept that some of us are just stuck in a slow moving que, its a really good feeling getting that 120 day letter although it seems like ages ago for us you actually applied 2 months before us so what they were playing at god knows :)
:thumbup:

Miss Clinique Nov 20th 2009 7:47 pm

Our FSW arrived in Sydney 7 weeks ago. The bakers draft has still not been cashed - should I be worried? :(

Lorna999 Nov 20th 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Clinique.. we are about 2 weeks behind you. We paid by credit card,and just checked the statement..still not been cashed! It all seems so random. Some folk just seem to strike it lucky! Here's hoping we will hear something soon. The 'silence' is killing...lol Just as well i am not on the old system as think I would have topped myself by now. Patience is not one of my virtues.:o
Good luck and hope you hear something soon. Never been so keen to have a payment cashed before:lol::D

Lorna999 Nov 20th 2009 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bibendum (Post 8062189)
Just thought I would message in here as a result of another thread I put up.

We are an Mechanical Engineer and a Doctor hopefully moving to Canada ASAP! ReSubmitted our documents after having the originals returned - I left a space blank (oops!).

Sent away 8 October 2009
Received in Sydney 15 October 2009.

Fingers Crossed, I have started to get my other docs in order on the advice of others.

Thanks

Bib

Hi again Bib... just wanted to say that i met a couple of Doctors from Nova scotia at work last week. They work in Halifax, but were visiting Edinburgh as a training thing, Anyway, they were really lovely and very positive about being a medic in halifax. they thought i would love it (work and environment) We are going out for a reccie in Jan and they have kindly offered to meet up and show us around. Think it is true what they about the friendliness of nova scotians. Anyway.. will keep you posted. xLorna:)

samjr400 Nov 21st 2009 8:51 am

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8113454)
Congrats!

Why do you think it took so long?

Our first application in Feb was Fedexed but bankers draft was never cashed. We waited 3 months and resubmitted our application with a covering letter. They then must have found the first one and started to process us twice!!!! We have been writing since August and the only thing we heard was they cancelled the second application then nothing since then until yesterday !!!

I think we were just very unlucky. Although God moves in mysterious ways and in Oct my hubby was diagnosed with high blood pressure,(which we had no idea about he is 35 and fit) so in one sense we are relieved because in theory we would have been having a canada medical around that time. Now his BP is stable and it has given us the opportunity to make sure we both totally fit and healthy for the canada medicals. So there is a silver lining in the delay.:rofl:

samjr400 Nov 21st 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8113554)
Congratulations Sam,

We need to accept that some of us are just stuck in a slow moving que, its a really good feeling getting that 120 day letter although it seems like ages ago for us you actually applied 2 months before us so what they were playing at god knows :)
:thumbup:

We have had all our documents ready for ages to send to London, so we will get these off as soon as possible. Although we will need to quick the Police is up to date as if I remember rightly they to dated within a certain time frame dont they?

samjr400 Nov 21st 2009 8:59 am

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 8112615)
We updated our passports when the medicals come through as they only had 10 months on, they took 1 week to come back from when we took them to the post office!!

Good luck at your medicals.:fingerscrossed:

Does it seem to be roughly 4 months after sending to London you are advised about medicals???

Alphawolf Nov 21st 2009 9:07 am

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 8114584)
Does it seem to be roughly 4 months after sending to London you are advised about medicals???

It all depends Sam, some have had their medicals request in 3 months or less, we are still waiting to be refused or for Meds along with others, our wait is currently approaching 4 months so I hope you're right :thumbup:
Good luck with yours, you should receive your AOR in the next month sometime :thumbup: