British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:27 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8088835)
Your right, it's all out of our hands now......Just got to get on with life and forget, no point checking UPS until tomorrow........:rofl:

It is incredibly hard not to keep checking on progress every day. It is hard for us and we are in no hurry to move.

Cheers

Martin

dasalcedo Nov 11th 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8089570)
Hi Daniel

You may just confuse matters at their end if you send another application. This has happened to other members of this site. If I were you, I would simply wait for it to be returned. Not easy when it means you have to wait four to six weeks to receive the foms back.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, I wasn't thinking of sending the whole application but the form in which I forgot to fill that box, or it is still better to wait for the application back?

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8089588)
Hi Martin, I wasn't thinking of sending the whole application but the form in which I forgot to fill that box, or it is still better to wait for the application back?

Hi Daniel

My concern is that as you do not receive a CIC file number until they begin processing in Sydney, any letter you send (without a file reference number) will struggle to be matched up with your original application.

I know how frustrating this feels!

Cheers

Martin

Bibendum Nov 11th 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8089609)
Hi Daniel

My concern is that as you do not receive a CIC file number until they begin processing in Sydney, any letter you send (without a file reference number) will struggle to be matched up with your original application.

I know how frustrating this feels!

Cheers

Martin

I second what Martin says, just wait and resend. frustrating as it may be.

bib

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8086499)
Just checked ECAS and CHC has now started processing my application! :D

The exact wording on ECAS is now:

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 2, 2009."

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin on that news, as you are well behind us in your timeline we are now worried even more regarding our app, still says on our ECAS "We transferred your application to the London England office on June 2, 2009. The London England office may contact you".
Just wondered if you have the email address for London CIC as it may be worth dropping them an email even though it states to wait 8 months from AOR before contacting them.
Thanks in advance

Mags

purple80 Nov 11th 2009 11:59 am

In another thread this was mentioned....
Not good news.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries (Post 8088151)
Near year end there will probably be a slow down in skilled worker PPRs because (I suspect) they will have reached their target. They do not stop family class spousal PPRs. They reserve those skilled worker PPRs which they do issue to cases where the validity of the visas would be very short. That has been their usual pattern. They start up again in January with their new target.

humanist Nov 11th 2009 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8089844)
Congratulations Martin on that news, as you are well behind us in your timeline we are now worried even more regarding our app, still says on our ECAS "We transferred your application to the London England office on June 2, 2009. The London England office may contact you".
Just wondered if you have the email address for London CIC as it may be worth dropping them an email even though it states to wait 8 months from AOR before contacting them.
Thanks in advance

Mags

Hi Mags,

I'm in almost exactly the same position as you, my ECAS status says "We transferred your application to the London England office on June 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you. ".

I did send them an e-mail and got a reply that simply said I was in a queue and my turn would come.

So I doubt there is a specific problem with your application, and I'm sure there are others who are also slightly lagging behind in the process. So I guess it's fingers crossed for both of us!

Tim.

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8089844)
Thanks in advance

Mags

Thanks, Mags

I am afraid that the only route I know to contact CHC London is via their website where they have a mechanism to send them a case specific enquiry. It cannot do any harm. I suspect the difference in processing time is simply different case officers being assigned the various files.

Just a thought - Did you receive a new file number when you received your AOR letter from CHC London? If so, have you tried this number rather than the original CIO Sydney file number? It may explain why ECAS shows no movement as it may be relaying the status of the old number, which will not go anywhere.

Sorry to suggest the obvious!

Cheers

Martin

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8090215)
Hi Mags,

I'm in almost exactly the same position as you, my ECAS status says "We transferred your application to the London England office on June 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you. ".

I did send them an e-mail and got a reply that simply said I was in a queue and my turn would come.

So I doubt there is a specific problem with your application, and I'm sure there are others who are also slightly lagging behind in the process. So I guess it's fingers crossed for both of us!

Tim.

Thanks Tim

Thats a huge relief to hear someone else is in the same boat, just having read the earlier post regarding their slowing down come years end and PPR it may explain some things.
Thanks for the post as I didn't really want to e-mail them unless I felt I had to.
Here's to us both getting good news even if its not until January, I'd rather get good news eventually than bad news now!!! I hope if it were bad news we would both have heard by now :fingerscrossed: :thumbup:

humanist Nov 11th 2009 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8090251)
Thanks Tim

Thats a huge relief to hear someone else is in the same boat, just having read the earlier post regarding their slowing down come years end and PPR it may explain some things.
Thanks for the post as I didn't really want to e-mail them unless I felt I had to.
Here's to us both getting good news even if its not until January, I'd rather get good news eventually than bad news now!!! I hope if it were bad news we would both have heard by now :fingerscrossed: :thumbup:

No problem :) ....I know what you're going through!

For your reference, this is the e-mail I got and probably the same reply you would have got should you have e-mailed them:-

Dear Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. Your application has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment by an officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8090239)
Thanks, Mags

I am afraid that the only route I know to contact CHC London is via their website where they have a mechanism to send them a case specific enquiry. It cannot do any harm. I suspect the difference in processing time is simply different case officers being assigned the various files.

Just a thought - Did you receive a new file number when you received your AOR letter from CHC London? If so, have you tried this number rather than the original CIO Sydney file number? It may explain why ECAS shows no movement as it may be relaying the status of the old number, which will not go anywhere.

Sorry to suggest the obvious!

Cheers

Martin

Thank Martin,
Yeah we got a new file number and this is the one which is now memorised I have typed it in so many times :rofl: Just in case I tried the old number and got the same result:lol:
I was getting a little antsy seeing you and a couple of others being processed ahead of us thinking their was something wrong as its such a huge life changing thing but knowing at least one other person, Humanist, is at the same stage, same timeline suggests it may be a case officer thing as you said.
Good luck with the rest of your app, meds next :eek::thumbup:

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8090266)
No problem :) ....I know what you're going through!

For your reference, this is the e-mail I got and probably the same reply you would have got should you have e-mailed them:-

Dear Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. Your application has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment by an officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. In other words stop bothering us :lol:
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Thanks Tim, glad I didn't e-mail them now ;)

Ian

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8090268)
Thank Martin,
Yeah we got a new file number and this is the one which is now memorised I have typed it in so many times :rofl: Just in case I tried the old number and got the same result:lol:
I was getting a little antsy seeing you and a couple of others being processed ahead of us thinking their was something wrong as its such a huge life changing thing but knowing at least one other person, Humanist, is at the same stage, same timeline suggests it may be a case officer thing as you said.
Good luck with the rest of your app, meds next :eek::thumbup:

I know how big the decision to emigrate is and why the process is always on your mind each day. We all need to be a little more patient.

Must go - I haven't checked ECAS this afternoon!!! :rofl:

daisychain Nov 11th 2009 2:43 pm

We are still waiting and as you can see by our timeline it has been sometime for us.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon!!

Good luck to everyone else

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 8090312)
We are still waiting and as you can see by our timeline it has been sometime for us.

That is a long time since they started processing your file. Have you had to answer any follow-on queries from CHC London? It cannot be much longer before you receive the medical requests. I assume you have checked your email spam folder?

Cheers

Martin

joinerboy Nov 11th 2009 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8090251)
Thanks Tim

Hi Buddy
Hope you hear positive news soon :fingerscrossed:

regards
Joinerboy :)

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8090590)
Hi Buddy
Hope you hear positive news soon :fingerscrossed:

regards
Joinerboy :)

Cheers buddy, me too although I'm resigned now it may be next year :frown:

joinerboy Nov 11th 2009 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 8090312)

Hi daisychain
Hope you hear positive news soon as for a fsw applicant applying under the new system ( 6-12 m ) i know you've been waiting a while now for your med requests. All the best :fingerscrossed:
regards
Joinerboy:)

Miss Clinique Nov 11th 2009 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8088118)
Hahaha.
Miss clinique...are you in Canada now? We're in 'sunny' Scotland and are applying from the UK.I'm not sure if the timeline is the same if you are in UK or Canada.

Mmm, is there anyone who is applying from the UK thro FSW? We were planning to get all our papers through and find employment once we are over or at least get a few leads for jobs prior to moving.

We are in Canada now on TWP. I dont know either if inland and outland take the same time to proccess. Perhaps someone on here will let us know.

We will have to track each other and see who gets to the post first.

Where in Canada do you want to be?

purple80 Nov 11th 2009 6:20 pm

Medicals have arrived in London sent via UPS two days ago, the letter containing the RPRF is yet to arrive in London, this went via Canada post a week earlier, showing as in the Uk but not delivered.

Delivered On: 11/11/2009 9:39
Signed By:BOKPE
Delivered To: LONDON, GB

Woo hoo, here's hoping for passport requests.....

Charlie

LinsyPinsy Nov 11th 2009 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 8090731)
We are in Canada now on TWP. I dont know either if inland and outland take the same time to proccess. Perhaps someone on here will let us know.

We will have to track each other and see who gets to the post first.

Where in Canada do you want to be?

Miss Clinique
I think our timelines may diverge as we have omitted to putting in N/A or None for some of the fields, so I'm sure our application will be sent back. So we will need to start all over again. We want to be in Vancouver, Surrey.
lnsy

Martin99 Nov 12th 2009 7:23 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8090836)
Medicals have arrived in London sent via UPS two days ago, the letter containing the RPRF is yet to arrive in London, this went via Canada post a week earlier, showing as in the Uk but not delivered.

Delivered On: 11/11/2009 9:39
Signed By:BOKPE
Delivered To: LONDON, GB

Woo hoo, here's hoping for passport requests.....

Charlie

You are galloping along!!!

Miss Clinique Nov 12th 2009 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8091411)
Miss Clinique
I think our timelines may diverge as we have omitted to putting in N/A or None for some of the fields, so I'm sure our application will be sent back. So we will need to start all over again. We want to be in Vancouver, Surrey.
lnsy

Oh no - how annoying :frown:

You never know you might not get them back.

Martin99 Nov 14th 2009 3:08 pm

Does anyone know what has happened to FlyingScottie who was on the same FSW timeline as many of us on this thread?

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Nov 14th 2009 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8098635)
Does anyone know what has happened to FlyingScottie who was on the same FSW timeline as many of us on this thread?

Cheers

Martin

No idea, her last post was in September........?

dayvt Nov 15th 2009 6:05 pm

Is there any update on time scales for receiving first contact from Sydney?

I heard they have annual targets to hit for new immigrants on an annual basis.

Is it possible that they are "full" this year and I won't hear until next year?

dayvt Nov 15th 2009 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by dayvt (Post 8100173)
Is there any update on time scales for receiving first contact from Sydney?

I heard they have annual targets to hit for new immigrants on an annual basis.

Is it possible that they are "full" this year and I won't hear until next year?

p.s
Timeline APPLYING FROM UK
Forms sent to CIC Sydney 5th Oct 2009
Forms rec'd by CIC 16th Oct 2009
Now waiting for 120 day letter

Have tried to add auto signature

Bibendum Nov 15th 2009 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by dayvt (Post 8100305)
p.s

dayvt, i'm not sure, i read on the canadavisa forum about this, but i don't know if someone was scare mongering or not. in any case you only have to wait an extra month.

For info, my application was received the day before yours. so we are on almost the same timeline.

bib

dayvt Nov 15th 2009 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Bibendum (Post 8100318)
dayvt, i'm not sure, i read on the canadavisa forum about this, but i don't know if someone was scare mongering or not. in any case you only have to wait an extra month.

For info, my application was received the day before yours. so we are on almost the same timeline.

bib

cool...i'll let you know if/when i hear anything. all the best and good luck!

stokesey Nov 15th 2009 7:57 pm

Mine was received on 7th October, like you no reply as yet, I'm not expecting anything for at least 2 months. Let me know how you get on, we should all be hearing at a similar time.

Cheers,

Stuart.

LinsyPinsy Nov 15th 2009 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by dayvt (Post 8100305)
p.s

Hiya,
I think you have to have posted at least 3 times and be a member for 24hrs before your auto sig will appear.
lnsy

Martin99 Nov 16th 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8098760)
No idea, her last post was in September........?

Thanks, Charlie

The last I remember Flying Scottie was just about to submit her full documentation pack to CHC London. I am trying to follow the progress of most people on this thread. I can only assume that when we lose sight of someone then they have either withdrawn their application or were unsuccessful. The good news is that most of us are still plugging away and so the attrition rate is low.

Cheers

Martin

Miss Clinique Nov 16th 2009 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by stokesey (Post 8100338)
Mine was received on 7th October, like you no reply as yet, I'm not expecting anything for at least 2 months. Let me know how you get on, we should all be hearing at a similar time.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Hows was recieved on 1st Oct, so very similar time line. We havent heard anything yet and I dont expect to untill the new year.

I will keep this thread posted.:thumbup:

LinsyPinsy Nov 16th 2009 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 8094180)
Oh no - how annoying :frown:

You never know you might not get them back.

Hello everyone,
As you may, or may not know I forgot to put in 'other country of residence' in my form...or I should say, forgot to put in N/a or none.
8 weeks to the day it was received by CIC, Sydney, they came bouncing back with highlighted pen over the ommitted section.AAAhhhhhh!!!!!!:frown:
Here we go again. At least the system seems to be working and for those of you waiting to hear back from CIC expect to get an answer in 8 weeks after it was originally received.
Better edit my signature and put everything back 2 months...away for a drink to drown my sorrows!!!
Keep you posted and good luck to those waiting to hear:fingerscrossed:

dayvt Nov 16th 2009 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8102834)
Hello everyone,
As you may, or may not know I forgot to put in 'other country of residence' in my form...or I should say, forgot to put in N/a or none.
8 weeks to the day it was received by CIC, Sydney, they came bouncing back with highlighted pen over the ommitted section.AAAhhhhhh!!!!!!:frown:
Here we go again. At least the system seems to be working and for those of you waiting to hear back from CIC expect to get an answer in 8 weeks after it was originally received.
Better edit my signature and put everything back 2 months...away for a drink to drown my sorrows!!!

Sorry to hear that. I guess it's good to know it only cost you 2 months.

Good luck

Kaye. Nov 16th 2009 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8101413)
Thanks, Charlie

The last I remember Flying Scottie was just about to submit her full documentation pack to CHC London. I am trying to follow the progress of most people on this thread. I can only assume that when we lose sight of someone then they have either withdrawn their application or were unsuccessful. The good news is that most of us are still plugging away and so the attrition rate is low.

Cheers

Martin

Flying Scottie hasn't updated her blog since Aug if I recall correctly... but she was in the process of moving so maybe has no internet?

Bali2010 Nov 16th 2009 10:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear that, but at least the rest was ok, so although 8 weeks delay, it should go to the next stage ok now.
I'm a little nervous about finding an error in mine too, but cannot do anything about it now!
:)

Martin99 Nov 17th 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Kaye. (Post 8103033)
Flying Scottie hasn't updated her blog since Aug if I recall correctly... but she was in the process of moving so maybe has no internet?

Thanks, Kaye. Let's hope she has not been unsuccessful and it is simply the lack of an internet connection.

Miss Clinique Nov 17th 2009 5:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Aww bless you :wub:

Miss Clinique Nov 17th 2009 8:50 pm

I checked with the bank today while I was in there, our banker draft has still not been cashed.

Does anyone know which date Sydney is working on, for inland apps?