Wikiposts

Spousal Sponsorship- via London

Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

WeeScottishLass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

Originally Posted by JcJc09
Where are you living in Scotland?

I got mine done at anniesland medical centre in Glasgow.

It was fairly quick to get an appointment.

Yup! Hello fellow Scot! lol

Yeh I'm in East Kilbride close to Glasogw. I just saw that there's one on West George St beside George Square. I pass it everyday on my way to work! I'll call tomorrow to see if they're open, if not I'll go visit them on Monday. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you? I was $130 in Canada but I think it's more expensive here.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WeeScottishLass
Yup! Hello fellow Scot! lol

Yeh I'm in East Kilbride close to Glasogw. I just saw that there's one on West George St beside George Square. I pass it everyday on my way to work! I'll call tomorrow to see if they're open, if not I'll go visit them on Monday. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you? I was $130 in Canada but I think it's more expensive here.
Sorry to hear about your problems cost it usually £250 in the UK which is expensive compared to Canada but there are going up over there to i paid $210 in september.

no idea what the march 09 thing is all about!? if i was you get the ACPO police check done today and book your medical asap tell them that it an emergency as the docs have 90 days to get your medicals back to London. Tell them that your visa will invalid if you dont get medical done this week! my OH was in a similiar situation and the medical people were really good!
good luck
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

HI JC quick question when you posting your passport off? Did it ask for photographs with yours? I wonder if it s generic as i sent the required amount of photos in with my original application.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Treehavn,

It states it on both my partners and my E-cas. There was no date given, it just said "Medical Results Received" I had been living in Toronto so I got my tests done there on the 12 Dec 07 so they must have had them for a good while. I'm actually worried that they might need new ones sent to them because they will have expired if and when I get my PR?!?! How long ago did you have the medical done? You're sponsoring your British partner, is that correct?
HI weescotishlass, I have a question for you if you don`t mind. How are you getting your part of ECAS to work? I can only get my husbands to sign in whenever I put my details in it says unavailable. Any ideas?? Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrs hortons
HI weescotishlass, I have a question for you if you don`t mind. How are you getting your part of ECAS to work? I can only get my husbands to sign in whenever I put my details in it says unavailable. Any ideas?? Thanks
Hello MrsHortons,

At first I was using my client ID number as I have had canadian student visas before and you always keep the same Client ID number. Then my boyfriend (who's sponsoring me) told me like 2 months later he had a client ID number as well....(he didn't know I would need it for information?!?!?!?) He got this number when CHC-Miss. told him he was able to sponsor me. So I typed in his Client ID number and all his details and all this wonderful information about my case popped up.

I emailed London in December with a few queries about my case and when the emailed back they gave me a B********* number and now I use this sometimes as well.

Has your file been sent to London yet? Just give them a wee email....you never know if they'll get back to you or not but I think it's worth a try?!

Hope this helps,

Amanda
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Sorry to hear about your problems cost it usually £250 in the UK which is expensive compared to Canada but there are going up over there to i paid $210 in september.

no idea what the march 09 thing is all about!? if i was you get the ACPO police check done today and book your medical asap tell them that it an emergency as the docs have 90 days to get your medicals back to London. Tell them that your visa will invalid if you dont get medical done this week! my OH was in a similiar situation and the medical people were really good!
good luck

Wow....that's so expensive here! I think I would be the same price flying to Canada, seeing my boyfriend (and cats) and having the medical done over there! Thank you for the advise though. I can't begin to tell you how much you guys have helped me out. I called this morning and left a voicemail with the medical centre so hopefully they'll get back to me Monday or I'll go in and see them on the way to work. Posting the police check today and I emailed the High Commission London to see what they mean by 14 March 09.....I'll keep you all up to date! :curse:
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

Hello MrsHortons,

At first I was using my client ID number as I have had canadian student visas before and you always keep the same Client ID number. Then my boyfriend (who's sponsoring me) told me like 2 months later he had a client ID number as well....(he didn't know I would need it for information?!?!?!?) He got this number when CHC-Miss. told him he was able to sponsor me. So I typed in his Client ID number and all his details and all this wonderful information about my case popped up.

I emailed London in December with a few queries about my case and when the emailed back they gave me a B********* number and now I use this sometimes as well.

Has your file been sent to London yet? Just give them a wee email....you never know if they'll get back to you or not but I think it's worth a try?!

Hope this helps,

Amanda
Hi THanks for that I will give it ago! THe ECAS says that London started processing on DEC 11, so I think I have a long, long way to go yet!!! Hope your case goes well for you, I will follow your progress, lots of Luck.

Thanks Again
Gemma
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi THanks for that I will give it ago! THe ECAS says that London started processing on DEC 11, so I think I have a long, long way to go yet!!! Hope your case goes well for you, I will follow your progress, lots of Luck.

Thanks Again
Gemma
Mrs Hortons,
if you paid all your fees and your medical and paper work are all ok. You should get passport irequest in about 3-4 weeks Looking at current time scales.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Hortons,
if you paid all your fees and your medical and paper work are all ok. You should get passport irequest in about 3-4 weeks Looking at current time scales.
3-4 Weeks??? That would be amazing but I doubt I will be that lucky . I have done everything upfront, so hopefully it won`t get delayed too much. Well done on getting yours finished, you must be over the moon!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

3-4 Weeks??? That would be amazing but I doubt I will be that lucky . I have done everything upfront, so hopefully it won`t get delayed too much. Well done on getting yours finished, you must be over the moon!

London started processing mine on the 3 Oct 08 7 Nov i had a request through for Military police Cert and RPRF, Police cert arrived at London on the 14 Dec so hopefully not long now.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

JcJc09 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI JC quick question when you posting your passport off? Did it ask for photographs with yours? I wonder if it s generic as i sent the required amount of photos in with my original application.
Hey Scotty!

Sorry not replied sooner, work was busy today, despite the poor weather at the club.

My wife has fedexed the forms to me so should get it all on monday/tuesday.

She was lucky, spoke to her boss at work and said she had to send our PPR and it was going to cost $80 to send them. He turned round and said "well just use the company fedex a/c and we will invoice you? no problem!" All in.... $20!!!! what a saving!

Im going to send them asap as soon as I get them, so probably tuesday.

Yeah they asked for 2 photos even though i sent more than required! But our rep said this would probably happen so suggested when I originally went to the photographer to get a couple more for this possible situation!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jc thanks for the feedback great news regarding the post! im flying to Canada for 2 weeks tomorrs then will sent passport in on the 3 feb when get back! keep in touch
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

JcJc09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jc thanks for the feedback great news regarding the post! im flying to Canada for 2 weeks tomorrs then will sent passport in on the 3 feb when get back! keep in touch
Have a safe trip my friend!

just think it will be for good soon!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Ask a Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

All fees are payable online on the CIC website. The most convenient way would be to pay using a credit card. But one can also pay at any financial intitution within Canada.

If you do not pay all your fees together with your original application, there's usually a 2 month delay(or less) since the receipt has to be sent to the Mississauga office in Canada, then Mississauga has to relay this msg by updating the system with your fees paid and relaying this msg to the Visa office responsible for your application.

All fees payable to any department of the Govt of Canada are payable to the Receiver General. Government Departments do NOT handle any monies.

I hope this helps.
All the Best.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

sasch017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

Hi there!
I am a Canadian sponsoring my husband... we put in the app to CPC-M 17 Dec 08, and they forwarded it to London 13 Jan 09!!! I had a look on the CIC website (tracking my application) and it only took them 1 day to decide the sponsorship! I take back all that I have said about Canadian Civil Servants! So... in the same(ish) boat as you - PR App in London and waiting... I do have it on good authority that there has been some sort of "common sense directive" sent to CHC London to get family class done quickly... could be within 3 months!!! Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.