Wikiposts

Spousal Sponsorship- via London

Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

JcJc09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Hi Jc good to hear that your paperwork arrived safe and sound! I also have a prepaid envelope to put in i guess you ll just pre pay the same price. as it is to send the passport in the first place?
Hey Scotty!

Guess you must have got over to BC in one piece eh!

Yeah i think it will be the same price!

Now the count begins again as to how long it will take for the passport to come back??

I really want to get over asap as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law just had their second child yday! a wee boy!!!! Uncle JC will be in high demand!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

JC CONGRATS on the new arrival to the family! it should only take a couple of weeks surely to turn around! i m hoping to get back out to Canada for the 17th on Feb! As a lot of my friends are fly over and heading up to whistler for a few weeks so it will be nice to get up there and join them!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:59 am
Just Joined

foggie is on a distinguished road

Congrats Lorelai!

I have a question for all of you who have had such super quick turn arounds. Your partners who are sponsoring you - are they in Canada already or are they in the UK? I'm just wondering if we are being held up because I (as the sponsor) haven't left the UK to live in Canada yet. I recently accepted a job in Toronto which I start on February 9th and I faxed the offer and acceptance letter to CHC-London today. I guess I'm just looking for any angle to hurry this up!

A bit of good news though. We received our evidence documents in the post yesterday with a letter saying no further documents were required. Good, perhaps?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foggie
Congrats Lorelai!

I have a question for all of you who have had such super quick turn arounds. Your partners who are sponsoring you - are they in Canada already or are they in the UK? I'm just wondering if we are being held up because I (as the sponsor) haven't left the UK to live in Canada yet. I recently accepted a job in Toronto which I start on February 9th and I faxed the offer and acceptance letter to CHC-London today. I guess I'm just looking for any angle to hurry this up!

A bit of good news though. We received our evidence documents in the post yesterday with a letter saying no further documents were required. Good, perhaps?
Hi my husband is sponsoring me in the UK, it didn`t make a difference to us. Hopefully if they see your job offer they may hurry it up. However if your evidence came back I would say they are moving along and hopefully you may see something soon!!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Ask a Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point

Your case may or may not be any longer than the regular processing time. It all depends on your situation. You have to understand that besides looking at your sponsoree's permanent residence application, they also have to make sure that YOU as the sponsor plan to make Canada your permanent home.

Looking at the evidence that you have provided so far with your job acceptance, it shouldn't be a problem. Just heng in there, and you guys should be ok.

Hope this helps.
All the Best.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Lorelai will become famous soon enoughLorelai will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by foggie
Congrats Lorelai!

Hi Foggie

My husband is in Canada working but i dont know if that would matter really. Received passport today......excitement lasted for about 10 mins when i then realised my name is wrong on the papers! just waiting to hear from CHC now.
I guess we were lucky with the speed...I suppose they must have been in a good mood the day our application came across the desk!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrs hortons
Hi I am sure nothing is wrong with your apps but I can understand how frustrated you must be. To be honest I am shocked as to why mine has come through so quickly, the only thing I can think of is that the security/background checks were quick because I used to be air crew until recently so have had to have lots of checks over the yrs, so maybe that made a difference?? I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you both though!
It would be nice if thats correct, as I've had numerous Security / vetting checks at different levels due to different position / jobs held within the Army. Just wish they'd hurry mine, and congrats to you.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.BWL is an unknown quantity at this point

Well. We got an update of sorts today. They sent back our pictures and requested that we redo question 11 of the Background (schedule 1) form (the question about what you have been doing since 18 / for the last 10 years). Which is infuriating as the information they asked for was there. Just some was attached at the back as there wasn't enough room. And there was one typo (we wrote 12 2004-4 2004 for something, when clearly it should have been 4 2005), but it was fairly obvious what was meant given the timeline but is totally our fault. So we redid it (and removed the supposed "gaps" by making things start and end in the same month, rather than have each new activity start in a new month). Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? How long will it slow us down?

I'm glad we got our photos etc back and they don't seem to need anything else. So hopefully that's all except for whatever background checks they want.

As background info, London started processing on Dec. 4th, they received our medicals according to e-cas (popped up on the 12th of January) and they sent this letter on the 19th of Janaury.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

tashy is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not going through a spousal sponsorship but i will be applying for a common-law sponsorship from outside Canada i am just trying to find out if it is OK for me to spend a lot of the time in Canada while i am waiting for the sponsorship to be processed?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

I would not advise anyone to apply for sponsorship through a common-law or conjugal partner process. This process is very complicated coz the onus is put on 'you' both by the law and the immigration officer to provide as much evidence that prove's you are a common-law as defined by the Law.

For the most part, a common-law legally is considered a mutual continuous cohabitation for atleast a year with your partner.

You "may be" successful if you have continuously cohabited with your partner for atleast one year with no breaks and the reason you are not together right now is because you had to go back to your country of residence. However, this does not guarantee that you'll be let in easy. You have to proof your interdependence and your mutual commitment, and this is especially hard if you are not resident in Canada.

If you are truly committed to each other, i'd advise you to please think about a legal marriage since the onus here is put on CIC to proof otherwise.

Hope this helps.
All the Best.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

tashy is an unknown quantity at this point

i am just worried they will think that we have just got married for the application and turn us down because of it. does it matter how lang you have been married for?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Spousal Sponsorship- via London

If you are truly together, then this should not be a problem. I cannot tell you exactly what to do, but if you are willing to move to another country, then this would only mean that your relationship is serious. If you are not quite sure about it's permanency, then i'd advise you to wait until you guys grow in your relationship and are clear cut that this is exactly what you want.

Moving out of your country of residence would only seem to suggest that you are willing to be committed. If you are not sure, then please wait and see where your relationship takes you.

With regards to getting married, it doens't matter if you get married right now and apply for sponsorship, as long as the marriage is a recognized civil marriage under Canadian Law, the onus is on CIC to proof otherwise. There's people who get married in Vegas and live happily ever after, this is after knowing each other for a day. CIC cannot tell you how to be married, but their job is to screen out illegitimate marriages if they suspect one is of convenience.

I'm not sure how long you have been living with your partner, but like you had mentioned, you were thinking of applying as a common-law which suggests to me that it must have been atleast a year. If it has not been a year, then this would disqualify as a common-law applicant, and there also has to be legitimate reasons why you are NOW not able to cohabit together,e.g denial of a visa or such cases.

I hope this helps now.
All the Best.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Ask a Canadian;7205387]If you are truly together, then this should not be a problem. I cannot tell you exactly what to do, but if you are willing to move to another country, then this would only mean that your relationship is serious. If you are not quite sure about it's permanency, then i'd advise you to wait until you guys grow in your relationship and are clear cut that this is exactly what you want.

Moving out of your country of residence would only seem to suggest that you are willing to be committed. If you are not sure, then please wait and see where your relationship takes you.

With regards to getting married, it doens't matter if you get married right now and apply for sponsorship, as long as the marriage is a recognized civil marriage under Canadian Law, the onus is on CIC to proof otherwise. There's people who get married in Vegas and live happily ever after, this is after knowing each other for a day. CIC cannot tell you how to be married, but their job is to screen out illegitimate marriages if they suspect one is of convenience.

I'm not sure how long you have been living with your partner, but like you had mentioned, you were thinking of applying as a common-law which suggests to me that it must have been atleast a year. If it has not been a year, then this would disqualify as a common-law applicant, and there also has to be legitimate reasons why you are NOW not able to cohabit together,e.g denial of a visa or such cases.

if you meet the criteria for common law as stated lived together for at least one year. they you are no different to a married couple who apply they still ask for the same evidence!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs.BWL is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone get any e-cas updates today? I have a little theory that London does it on Mondays.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

srp353 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing yet I guess we are not one of those lucky ones :curse:!! Anyone here noticed the change on CIC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.