Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Karen1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Originally Posted by Karen1
I want my mediiiicaaaaaaaaal reeequesssssssts pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Got that off my chest, now I feel better.

Cheers

Karen
Hi Kate

Thanks for the vote of confidence - CHC really need to get their act together, some of these timelines are ridiculous now.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:06 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen,
They are only going to get worse going forward with waiting times of 4 years to even open your application if you apply today!

What annoys me is the cost. They sat on my application fee for 2 years!
Medicals are going to cost me £708!!!! AND I don't get the results, they do!!!!
I've only got two kids so imagine if you were a big family!!!

We've roughly added up what we've spent on this so far and it's about £4.5K, that includes £1K for the first application. Not to mention the fact we sold up for the first application and were off the housing market when prices rose the sharpest - we reckon that cost us £40K!!!!

I just hope it's worth it!!!

Enough with the exclamation marks now!!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Karen,
They are only going to get worse going forward with waiting times of 4 years to even open your application if you apply today!

What annoys me is the cost. They sat on my application fee for 2 years!
Medicals are going to cost me £708!!!! AND I don't get the results, they do!!!!
I've only got two kids so imagine if you were a big family!!!

We've roughly added up what we've spent on this so far and it's about £4.5K, that includes £1K for the first application. Not to mention the fact we sold up for the first application and were off the housing market when prices rose the sharpest - we reckon that cost us £40K!!!!

I just hope it's worth it!!!

Enough with the exclamation marks now!!!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cheesed off at waiting 34 months when we were originally quoted 18 months, and you've been waiting all this time. All I can say is you must have the patience of a saint because your sheer determination has got you this far. Good luck with the medical results and hope it is not too long before you finally get that very long awaited PR.

Karen
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:14 pm
Mr McGoo

Your med request must be coming soon Karen!
It's odd how you applied quite a bit before me but we got 120 day letter at the end of December and you get 90 days mid-January.
I'm sure there must be some logic somewhere?

We haven't "waited" since 2002, after the first rejection we didn't do anything until we saw a relocation program where an electrician with no college or university education relocated to Canada really easily which made me really mad at the time and so I looked up again and saw the points threshold had dropped lower than when we initially applied - which incensed me further. Once I calmed down I re-applied to find that processing times had jumped from 6 months pre-2002 to 2 years plus. But now I've only a couple of hurdles left to cross.

Also I mentioned about the medicals in UK costing over £700, I've just managed to get them arranged to be done in Switzerland instead for ... £460, quite a difference! And a day out in Geneva sounds a much nicer prospect than a day in Bristol
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Your med request must be coming soon Karen!
It's odd how you applied quite a bit before me but we got 120 day letter at the end of December and you get 90 days mid-January.
I'm sure there must be some logic somewhere?

We haven't "waited" since 2002, after the first rejection we didn't do anything until we saw a relocation program where an electrician with no college or university education relocated to Canada really easily which made me really mad at the time and so I looked up again and saw the points threshold had dropped lower than when we initially applied - which incensed me further. Once I calmed down I re-applied to find that processing times had jumped from 6 months pre-2002 to 2 years plus. But now I've only a couple of hurdles left to cross.

Also I mentioned about the medicals in UK costing over £700, I've just managed to get them arranged to be done in Switzerland instead for ... £460, quite a difference! And a day out in Geneva sounds a much nicer prospect than a day in Bristol
My 90 day letter only arrived after I chased CHC up - I could be wrong but from some of the timelines, one can only assume (rightly or wrongly) that a batch disappeared in a black hole for a while and only resurfaced when applicants chased CHC up. If that's not the reason, either our case officer is on a 'go slow', or CHC don't assess applications chronologically as they state they do.

I understand that no two cases are the same but I can't understand why many AOR 05's got 60, 90 or 120 day letters in 06' when we did not get ours until 07'.

The mind boggles.

To say we're fed up and frustrated is an understatement, and when I emailed CHC at the beginning of May, all I got was a general comment which said ' your submissions are awaiting review of your immigration case officer, we will write to you when there is a need to do so'. They've had my updated info since end Feb 07, along with the bankers draft for the RPRF but still no medicals.

I'm sure there is logic in the process somewhere - but as to why we did not get our 90 day letter until Jan 07' only CHC know.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Could someone tell me what - delay letter, 90 day letter, etc are. Can't work these out at all.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:34 am
Mr McGoo

Hi Harris,
When you apply, you are given a rough estimate of how long before they get to your file. During 2005 it suddenly started taking a lot longer so CHC sent out letters saying there was a delay and it would take longer than initially stated. I applied early 2005 and didn't get a delay letter, I already knew it was going to take forever!
90 or 120 days before they expect to get to your file they send you a letter giving you 90 or 120 days to provide updated information, effectively redoing most of the application to cover the intervening 2 years you've been waiting!

With later applications this will change as you now don't have to submit much initially because it's pointless when it takes so long to get to your application. You will be asked when your application gets close to the front of the queue to submit all your documents then - which is actually a better way to do it.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Karen1
To say we're fed up and frustrated is an understatement, and when I emailed CHC at the beginning of May, all I got was a general comment which said ' your submissions are awaiting review of your immigration case officer, we will write to you when there is a need to do so'. They've had my updated info since end Feb 07, along with the bankers draft for the RPRF but still no medicals.

I'm sure there is logic in the process somewhere - but as to why we did not get our 90 day letter until Jan 07' only CHC know.
Hi Karen, mrmcgoo, harris and anyone else who knows me,

I'd go along with the 'fed up' bit although clearly haven't waited as long as some. What with the delay letters, 90-day letters, etc.

It all gets a bit difficult when you are trying not to put life on hold, yet keep wanting to believe that something better is just around the corner.

It's tempting to believe that CHC have a random attitude to applications but I guess that only someone with experience of working there would be able to tell us exactly what the deal is.

As for cost, we counted up and (including our Lawyers' fees, and CHC fees) have shelled out around £2500 to date. In the event (however unlikely) of our having medicals and any other sundry expenses (including our final legal fee instalment), that will take our total spend to around £3500. In the scheme of things, it seems as if our lawyers' costs have turned out to be quite reasonable.

Finally, the agony of watching the $CAD yo-yo up and down adds little to the joy of waiting.

Still, its summer and the rain is a lot warmer now, eh?

After all that, we're still smiling (although the medication is starting to run out now).

Simon & Laura
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simon876
Hi Karen, mrmcgoo, harris and anyone else who knows me,

I'd go along with the 'fed up' bit although clearly haven't waited as long as some. What with the delay letters, 90-day letters, etc.

It all gets a bit difficult when you are trying not to put life on hold, yet keep wanting to believe that something better is just around the corner.

It's tempting to believe that CHC have a random attitude to applications but I guess that only someone with experience of working there would be able to tell us exactly what the deal is.

As for cost, we counted up and (including our Lawyers' fees, and CHC fees) have shelled out around £2500 to date. In the event (however unlikely) of our having medicals and any other sundry expenses (including our final legal fee instalment), that will take our total spend to around £3500. In the scheme of things, it seems as if our lawyers' costs have turned out to be quite reasonable.

Finally, the agony of watching the $CAD yo-yo up and down adds little to the joy of waiting.

Still, its summer and the rain is a lot warmer now, eh?

After all that, we're still smiling (although the medication is starting to run out now).

Simon & Laura
Hi Simon

Send me some of that medication (patience medicine) cos I definitely need some. We go to Canada in 5 weeks for a month and the thought of not receiving those medical requests before we go does not bear thinking about. How patient do CHC want us to be - if they just gave you a reasonable explanation I wouldn't mine.

Oh well, tomorows another day to play the waiting game - but patience, NO, that's expired.

Glad you're still smiling though.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:15 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kate white
Hi Shirley
yeah I have a aunt uncle and 3 cousins living in Ontario and we feel like there is someone up there saying SUCKERS YOUR NOT GETTING IN my family have already offerd to sponcer us but we wanted to try and do things by ourselfs we have had 2 immigration companies working for usthe first told James he would be better to sit his Class 1 for a driving job so he did and passed first time,then we were told as my first born was handycaped we would not get in to canada.then we hear the ban had been lifted so we tried again the last company we spent 14 months with and thay said thay could get us in to Ontario WAIT FOR THIS after we paid the $4000 (not $2000 )as James mistakely told someone.we were told we could not get in to Ontario as the PMP was not in on Ontariowe were told we would have to go to PIE from there to NB from there to NS from there to Alberta or BC HELL PITCH A TENT WITH THE BEARS atleast we would be warm in the winterso we had enough time to end things with the company we were with,so we are going to try the family sponcer way and if that fails then thats it I ve had it.holidays will do just fineSPOT THE DONKEYS EH

Hi Kate

I have dropped you a PM on our Immigrations guys to see if maybe they offer a better deal.

All the best
Danny
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:10 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

simon you can ave some of my happy pills Karen as welljust dont blame me if you end up NUTS
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

simon you can ave some of my happy pills Karen as welljust dont blame me if you end up NUTS
Thanks Kate - I'm already NUTS.

That's what this process reduces you to.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Too late Kate.

I went to the Doctor the other day, wearing only clingfilm underpants and he said, "I can clearly see you're NUTS"

See - the pills are working.

Simon
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:41 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

well thats it confirmed then trying to get in to canada drives bonkers Ah well I will still stay on the happy pills for a while longer
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:35 am
Mr McGoo

Here's a few UK timelines I've seen in other threads;

30 July 04 - SW App. 19 Aug 04 - AOR rec'd stating 18 months
05 Dec 06 - Med & update req. 06 Feb 07 - Sent update info
20 Feb 07 - Med's Appt. 22 Mar 07 - PPR Received
16 Apr 07 - Sent passport. 04 May 07 - Visa received
Applied Oct 04, AoR Nov 04, Delay letters stating April 07 then June 07, 90-day update requested August 06
Medical request Dec 06, Medicals Jan 07, PPR Feb 07, Visa March 07, Landing August 07
Applied: Jan 2005 - AOR: Jan 2005 - Letter of Delay: July 2006 - 90 Days Letter: Dec 2006
Updates sent: 12th Feb 2007 - Med request: 19 April 2007 - Meds: 24th April 2007 - PPR: 24 May 2007
Applied as SW 15th Dec 04, Received AOR 6th Jan 05, Delay letter Jul 06 : delayed to Aug 07, 90-day letter 1st Dec 06, Updates sent 15th Feb 07, and May 07

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.