British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

jesusbaby Nov 1st 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Quick one...remember to always check your spam mail to avoid missing their mail and better still, add their email to your email contacts..

manitobain Nov 1st 2011 11:51 pm

@Nostalgia: when were you planning on the exploratory visit? Did you put in an approx. time?
I just talked today to one officer, I was afraid they would have by now run out of nomination certificates like last year...but got told they try to push as much nominations still through this year as they still have certificates.

Should you have said you want to visit next year, they are in no hurry. If you do plan to go soon, the earlier the better (you can always change your plans of timelines..and let them know), I would send NOW a follow up later and just mention that you (either) had hoped or that you are now hoping to do the visit asap? Might speed things up a lil :), especially if you have your paper ready to go. Online application is going faster so I have been told, timelines there are for now at about 1-2 month.
Just make sure you reply to the email they sent you originally, so they know you are already "in the pile" ;)

manitobain Nov 1st 2011 11:57 pm

@jesusbaby: same thing to you, lot might depend when you plan on visiting and if chances are that you get your application still in this year. Sarah is very good with helping, unless it is only a few days ago you send the info, maybe just send a polite email asking if she got the info and telling her when you were hoping to come for a visit. Make sure though you have all your info together when seeing her. You can play already with the online application and start to fill info in (that way you see best what is missing)..as long you go back to it within 90 days it keeps it open and activated. Of course you can only send it once you received the invitation to apply at the interview

NostalgiaLava Nov 2nd 2011 12:11 am

Manitobian. The thing is I did not mention specific date for planning the exploratory visit. I mentioned any time this year. That is because the year was left with 4monthes only. I though that is enough. Just for me to know, their year ends in December 31 right? I would preferably do the exploratory visit before march 2012. If I say so, does that mean they will only let me know of my interview after january? O I would still get feedback this year for a visit in early 2012? If they will just put me on hold, maybe I should send them as you said that I want to visit with specific date this year?

Pla let me know.

NostalgiaLava Nov 2nd 2011 12:30 am

Actually reviewing the email I sent, we have written asking for "exploratory visit at anytime soon". Should I mention in my reply a specific date? Do you think iTMS risky to have the date early 2012? Will that mean they will process people requesting visit this year before me even if I applied before them? I did not know they have specific number of immigrants per year. I thought it is for the whole program if any.

jesusbaby Nov 2nd 2011 10:38 am

@manitobian, i did not specify any time period in my email. I am so so worried now....What do you think?

Thanks for being so helpful.:thumbup:

manitobain Nov 2nd 2011 2:43 pm

Their year end is December 31. At this point of time I dare to say (only my assumption from what I have heard), that they will might give preferred treatment for those that plan on visiting in November ..even early December. Yes, they have a quota given by the federal government for each year on how many nominee certifications they are allowed to hand out (5000 main applicants I believe it is for this year). Last year quota was filled up and they tried to get a bigger quota for this year. This year it seems it is not filled up yet, so they try to get it to that point..in order to remain or up their quota for next year (or so I do see it).
Sooo having that said, if you can see yourself adjusting plans and saying you would like to visit NOW, that could be very helpful.

If you haven't specified a date, definetely email them and do that now. Always best to sound very serious and determinant about it and showing that you have planned this through.
Find a good reason for it to bump it up if you can.
You will be able to do it in 2012 as well, no worries, if it doesnt work out now...but they will be more relaxed on timelines for a while.

jesusbaby Nov 3rd 2011 11:45 am

@manitobian: Thank you very much for help. I have now sent her an email stating my preferred date.Still waiting for her response.:fingerscrossed:

NostalgiaLava Nov 3rd 2011 7:59 pm

Thx Manitobian. I have sent a follow up email mentioning the need for a visit before end of this year, I hope we have positive feedback

manitobain Nov 4th 2011 1:31 am

keeping fingers crossed for both of you :)

NostalgiaLava Nov 7th 2011 6:40 pm

@manitobian! I got the invitation for exploratory visit:) I am so relieved! Now our next hard step is to get a visit visa. It is a bit trickey as that might require an invitation letter from Canada and as I understand the mpnp will not give us that. I will see how to do that.also, we will need to start contacting employers. You think employers will be ready to give us interviews if they know we are only there for exploratory visit? Do they expect us to find work? Or just see the effort?

jesusbaby Nov 7th 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks all... This forum has been of significant help.:thumbsup: I have finally got a positive response in respect of my exploratory visit. I will now have to work on securing a visa; I need to be sure of a date before sending my itinerary (it takes about four weeks to get visas processed)... Any suggestions on a better way to get things done?

Inder.chhabra Nov 8th 2011 12:35 pm

Hello, Everybody ... congratulations Jesus and Nostalgia for your respective invitations ... though i am still waiting for mine, it has been a little over 1 month when i mailed them about my interest for an exploratory visit .... @ jesus and Nostalgia ....did your invitation came after you mentioned your desired dates or it wasn't required ??? and @ Manitobian ...what do you suggest me ??? to drop another mail mentioning about the dates ?? though i am flexible about the dates and am ready for the interview any time soon ....

Waiting for my turn now ...

:)

NostalgiaLava Nov 8th 2011 3:44 pm

Actually I waited 2 Monthes since I received their follow up email and after that I sent follow up specifying not a date but rather a period of time during which I can fit my visit.

I would say you should wait for the period they ask you to.

Good luck

manitobain Nov 8th 2011 5:29 pm

@jesusbaby and NostalgiaLava: which country are you from needing a visitor visa? W/o going through the threads, think you Nostalgia where into IT work? What about you jesusbaby?

You don't need to secure a job, but show as much effort as possible. Employers are usually pretty open minded to interview you, if you tell them that you will be in the area and that you are in the immigration process AND that with this stream you will receive nomination, then WP WITHOUT them having to go through the LMO process. If the interview is positive, you can them ask them to write you a letter saying that..if immigration is successful we are looking forward to sit down with you and discuss employment ..or similar.
Collect business cards as proof that you have talked with potential employers, if you can't get a letter.

@Inder: if you are flexible to travel, but rather want to do it sooner than later, try to fix a period soonest possible.. and if you have gotten the initial email from PNP saying they will look into it, follow up by giving them the dates and saying you hoped to travel by then , it could be they accomodate you.