British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

jesusbaby Nov 8th 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thanks Manitobain... These information have really been helpful.

I am a Nigerian and I am trying to apply for a visitor's visa from Nigeria. It has really been difficult getting an invitation letter from Canada because I've got no ties in Canada...

For my occupation, I am accountant... I had an MBA Finance from a French University.

NostalgiaLava Nov 8th 2011 8:06 pm

Hello Manitobian,

I am from Lebanon living and working currently in Dubai. My husband is Palestinian refugee in Lebanon and also living and working in Dubai. It would be a real problem for me to get an invitation letter from Canada as I have no one there. I do have far freinds but not in Manitoba. I am reluctant to ask them and if I do, I would have to lie about my destination to the visa officer just to get the visa and I do not want to do that. But I am afraid if also say the full truth he will not grant me visa for being afraid that I would stay there. I am confused should I expose my intention of immigrating or hide it. As the embassy website says that they will grant a visa for visit if I was able to demonstrate my intent to leave after the visa finish.... I am still thinking this out.....

I will send emails for employers and I hope they would respond. I am not sure how things work in Manitoba. For example here if you apply for job you might be contacted 3 weeks later where as when we are un exploratory visit we want quick interview date. Maybe market is different in that extent? Hope you can provide more info on that.

Haneen

NostalgiaLava Nov 8th 2011 8:08 pm

Also, can you give me a link with info about LMO and WP. I would like to fully understand how this works for the employer and myself.

Thx in advance for all your help

manitobain Nov 8th 2011 10:02 pm

hey NostalgiaLava,
Definetely don't lie about reasons for visit in your application. Saying that you have been accepted for an exploratory visit from the PNP should help to see, that you will return to your country.
Try to look up in Winnipeg, as I believe, that is your destination, the Immigration Centre (Adelaide Str), you should find it on the MB immigration website. I don't know if they would do invitation letter, but it couldn't hurt to ask them? I don't have really any other contacts in Wpg, unless...maybe look up Portage La Prairie (about an hour away from Winnipeg), their settlement service might be able to help you.

As for work, I can find you information on the LMO process, but the beauty of the PNP program is, that your employer wouldn't need one for you. The only thing the employer needs to do is to supply you with a job offer and be registered with Employment Standards -WRAPA form- (which is a very easy online form, just to say that they plan on hiring foreign workers)

I am not really qualified to say what in generally employers will say/do in regards to application, I rarely deal with bigger companies. But in generally, when you are mention the dates you will be in Manitoba and available for an interview, if they have the slightest interest in you, I can see them using the chance to meet you. In your cover letter you should clearly state, that you have been invited by the Province of Manitoba Labor and Immigration Department for a visit and will have an interview with them. The positive outcome allows you then to apply to become Provincial Nominee, which in return means easier access to a work permit and very little paperwork for the employer.

hope this helps.
Ilse

Inder.chhabra Nov 9th 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Manitobian for the reply....

I just got the initial mail when i mailed them my profile ...which said that they could take upto 60 days for the processing and reviewing my application and until then i have to wait... and if in case they dont reply within the said time frame then please send a follow up mail ....

and in case of Nostalgia and jesus ....can they also use the print out of the invitation mail as a supporting document in their Visitor Visa application ??

Now waiting eagerly for the reply ...

Inder

Inder.chhabra Nov 9th 2011 10:43 am

and would it help in the Visitor Visa application like if i have some open Visas in my passport ....as iv recently been on a holiday to Australia and NZ and i still have their valid Visas stamped ...

manitobain Nov 9th 2011 2:32 pm

as for the visitor visa application, yes, the invitation letter should be copied and send in as supporting document..it will not stand alone though. If they want a support letter, the invitation letter is not good enough alone.

Otherwise I don't have that much experience with visitor visa application and as far as I know it always depend on the country you need them from, so I don't know if other visas could help..it might not hurt though to show them?

Ilse

Inder.chhabra Nov 10th 2011 7:39 am

Woo Hoo ....here it come ... i got my Exploratory visit ... now ...let me just decide the dates and compose a reply....

Thanks a lot Manitobian ... lots nd lots to learn from u in future too !!

manitobain Nov 10th 2011 2:09 pm

:) great to hear!!! woohoo ..now off to the next steps ...

lol we just celebrated the arrival of the Nomination Paper of one of our renters yesterday evening...it's a great feeling and I am glad I can help.

cheers
Ilse

Violets are blue Nov 10th 2011 10:08 pm

Congratulations NostalgiaLava, Inder,chhabra and jesusbaby on getting your exploratory visit invitations. Im very happy for you all, its really a great opportunity and a really lovely place to go to. Good luck to you all, hope you all love Manitoba as much as i did. :D:D

vettemaster Nov 11th 2011 1:16 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 9725201)
:) great to hear!!! woohoo ..now off to the next steps ...

lol we just celebrated the arrival of the Nomination Paper of one of our renters yesterday evening...it's a great feeling and I am glad I can help.

cheers
Ilse

Congratulations to them Ilse. I hope all is well at the ranch.
All the best,
Andy..

Centrino78 Nov 11th 2011 8:09 am

Hi guys, have been following this thread over the last few months.

This one you may find hard to believe.

Thought about Canada in May, looked at all provinces and loved Manitoba.
Went to the Berlin event in June.
Did tons of research
Went to Manitoba/Winnipeg end of August, and loved it. Drove from Calgary stopping off all over.
Had Interview and accepted to apply, application went in September when we got back home to the UK
Applied for a job, had video SKYPE interview, at the employers suggestion.
Been offered job, start January.
Furniture is being collected this Monday.
Received, Nomination and letter for work visa at POE.
Application for PR now gone in.
Move out end of December.

I just really can not believe the pace this has gone, I know I have been very organised and pushed things through. And of course the job offer has really speeded things up, but still !!

Violet we visited about 2 weeks before you, so you should be hearing soon.

Good luck to everyone else.

manitobain Nov 11th 2011 3:28 pm

great job Centrino! You did all the right things and yes, things can almost being overwhelmingly speedy..if everything comes together.

Manitoba is a great place to live ! (so are others..I am only a little biased) ;)

@ Andy: things are now in winter mode at the ranch..machinery put away, horses are getting their winter fur ..lol...and Thomas considers doing it like the bears, just sleep over it ;). I am on the other hand can't wait to have enough snow to get the xcountry skiis out again.

cheers
Ilse

Violets are blue Nov 11th 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Centrino 78 WOW im so impressed. Congratulations loads on your application and on your job offer, its really brilliant, I hope you love every second of the whole process and your new life. No furniture for a month - Christmas on the floor :D sounds perfect and then jumping straight into Winter in Manitoba, really sounds for very cool (no pun intended about the cold haha) :thumbsup:. Im really happy for you.
I cant believe you were there just before me, I also tried for Germany but didnt get it however was lucky enough to get an exploratory visit. We came back and uploaded all of the application at the beginning of October because i wanted my daughter to get her head around things and when she said she thought we should definitely apply....thats what we did!!!! YEAH!! I havent heard anything yet but hoping every day!!! Its really hard waiting, makes you a little crazy :rofl:. I cant wait to be able to say the same as yourself and for everything to speed along. Good luck again, have you had your medical and all of that sort of thing also?
Manitobain - congratulations to you renters, i missed it when i read it before today...sorry. I bet they are over the moon:):D

Centrino78 Nov 11th 2011 11:10 pm

Yes no furniture, but I do have lots of alcohol to use up on my new purchased inflatable chairs from Argos:unsure:

No the medical will be the next stage which will now be in Canada, as moving before PR now on the TWP.

We was told that we could of had the nomination card in Germany but we came across that we wanted to visit Canada so much they thought ok, get back to us. Would of wanted to visit first anyway, and ad a great time driving from Calgary to Edmonton to Saskatoon then on to Winnipeg then back to Medicine Hat to see an old school freind then back to Calgary. We did a good few 1000 km,s in the ten days, and got a good feel for the place and Canada way of life.

Have been watching the Winnipeg news and the snow is coming, will be well into minus when we arrive, can not wait. I was born in Yorkshire and when I was young I used to open the curtains and see icicles hanging from the gutter, not any more here.

Love the idea of getting seasons back, although I am sure it will not be all that fun all the time.

Take care, hope you hear real soon:fingerscrossed: