Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old May 14th 2012, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

wass1707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Guys, I have been following this thread for quite a while now and I have been silent and to be honest it is very very very interesting, informative and you guys are just too good. It have been really helpful for me, I have applied for my exploratory visit on the 08/03/12 and after replying to Markus (handful of questions) I got my invitation for an exploratory visit on the 18/04/12. I have already applied for my TRV and I am expecting a positive response hopefully this week. If everything goes as per my planning, I am hoping to be in Winnipeg by the end of next week. Once again hats off guys. Special thanks to Manitobain, Dammy, New_start, love_Clouds and NostalgiaLava.
Old May 14th 2012, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gustekp is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrat wass1707,I pray your TRV comes through by his grace.I am now more hopeful that mine will come very soon.

@Manitobain,always there at our beck and call.God bless you and your family for always taking time out of your busy schedule to give advice,moral support to us.We appreciate you.

@Dammy,that for boosting my morale and confidence on MPNP thanks and God bless.

@lovely cloud,I pray your documents come through on time.

@Froids,congrats and all the best.

Last edited by Gustekp; May 14th 2012 at 8:57 pm. Reason: Correction
Old May 15th 2012, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankx all of u Guys, wish me luck

Dear Manitoain and Dammy
Thanks a lot for your responses:So here what I will take with me:-
1- Education certificate /BA of commerce--Do I have to take high school cert. as well because it is in my base country)-Original)
2- work and training certificates (Originals)
3- Birth certificates for myself and all my family members
4- Passport copies for my family
5- Bank statment (Original)
6- Marriage certificate
the check list mentions copies has to be notarized, Is it equal to original stamped or it has to be stamped by the Ministry of Forein Affairs from my base country and my residence country. This issue still not clear for me. Lovely clouds told me that original are fine and there is no need for notarized copies at this stage.

I already sent an email to Markus informing him about my travel dates and I will wait his reply befor booking flights and hotels as I am planning to travel to the US as well after my EV

Thanks folks

Originally Posted by manitobain
@ FROID:
as for letting Markus know: what Dammy says ..
as for taking documents along: passports should be sufficient for the interview. You will be advised anyway to do an online application, which will be the point where the other documents will be needed.
Education/experience is important to prove at the interview (note: for the online application you will only need to prove 5 years of experience with references)
proof of sufficient funds will be as well important, as they want to see if you are the right candidate, so you better show them you have the money to follow through with plans.

Start an online application already now, would be my suggestion. That way you will realize which documents are all needed to be attached and you can start working on getting them together.
(but that has nothing to do with the EV itself)

note to all: the PNP application kit is only giving you some indication as to which documents you need, but isn't totally relevant to the online application (for online don't need to be notarized, only 5 years worth of references for work experience needed)
Old May 15th 2012, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Sorry Manitbain
I noticed your reply that I do not need to take any birth ecrtificates with me, passport copies will be fine. Is that what u mean

@ FROID:
as for taking documents along: passports should be sufficient for the interview. You will be advised anyway to do an online application, which will be the point where the other documents will be needed.
Education/experience is important to prove at the interview (note: for the online application you will only need to prove 5 years of experience with references)
proof of sufficient funds will be as well important, as they want to see if you are the right candidate, so you better show them you have the money to follow through with plans.

Start an online application already now, would be my suggestion. That way you will realize which documents are all needed to be attached and you can start working on getting them together.

note to all: the PNP application kit is only giving you some indication as to which documents you need, but isn't totally relevant to the online application (for online don't need to be notarized, only 5 years worth of references for work experience needed)
Old May 15th 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Dear Mostafa
After sending my 1st email on 23.12.2011, I received a confirmation email that saying send a reminder if u didn't hear from us within 60 days, after sending them a reminder, they replied on 05.03.2012 by sending me a set of questions that I answered at the same day. You can say that it took around 4 months. I have a friend who received the PNP questions after 2 days only from submitting his request
then received the approval on 18.04.2012

Originally Posted by ra_XOr
Hey Froid,

Gongrats, and hope the best for you..

Did you got Invitation for Exploratory Visit ? When did you send your request email ?? How did the email process went?

Thank you for your sharing and help.

Best Regards,
Mostafa Sherif
Old May 15th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Hello everyone

Good to see some movement on the statuses for some fellow members.

No update on our front as yet
And now its started to create anxiety in us. Mail shouldnt have taken that long. Praying to God that everything is fine with our letter and we get it soon.

@travel, @FROID : congrats on getting the TRV. And all the best.

Originally Posted by travel
Thanks to everyone on the forum, especially to Manitobain, Lovely_Clouds and Dammy.

I got my Tourist Visa yesterday evening and I also got my IELTS results (Band 8).

Now all set to begin my EV from the 1st of June to 15th of June. Do let me know if anyone else here is also planning an EV at the same time. Stay tuned for live updates from me during my EV.

Any last minute tips would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot once again for guiding me through till now.
@travel : Band of 8 is a very good score on IELTS. Congrats. Wish you a successful EV trip.

@FROID :
1) IELTS Results : Now that a lot of importance is being given to IELTS, it will be no harm to carry it along if you have your score card with you. Markus had checked ours during the interview.

2) along with the bank statement, if you also have a property or an ongoing loan that impacts your financial wealth; then I will recommend to carry some documentation for that effect as well. (May not be formal originals).
Markus and Sarah had asked us about these as well.
Also, if your bank statement covers for the minimum required funding (I think its 10,000 for primary applicant + 2000 for each additional family member) then the bank statement is sufficient; else you need to have more documents to prove the min required net worth.

3) Finally, about the notarization of documents, I would like to point to the note from @manitobian. I hope that addresses part of your concern. But, I am not sure what should be done for cross-country situation.

Also, as @manitobian suggested - start filling in your PNP application before going on the exploratory visit. That way, if you have some questions or concerns about any documentation on your file, you can get them clarified with immigration officers during the interview.
We had followed the same and it did really help us a lot
for instance: @travel we had clarified our doubts on birth certificate during the interview only.

@wass1707 : good luck. Hope you also get your TRV very soon.

Regards,
Old May 15th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

2) along with the bank statement, if you also have a property or an ongoing loan that impacts your financial wealth; then I will recommend to carry some documentation for that effect as well. (May not be formal originals).Markus and Sarah had asked us about these as well.Also, if your bank statement covers for the minimum required funding (I think its 10,000 for primary applicant + 2000 for each additional family member) then the bank statement is sufficient; else you need to have more documents to prove the min required net worth.
Anyone know more information about the proof of funds issue?

I don't have much funds in cash as i just finished my apartment installments. it worth about 80k CAD. is this acceptable? and what is the proof of evaluation is acceptable?

Thanks for support and hope the best for all.

Mostafa
Old May 16th 2012, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Daquinex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All! I am interested in the MPNP, I have been following this thread all day and i must say a big thank you for your time. I am confused where or how to start as this will be a life changing move for me and i really need it. Please kindly advise of what to include in the initial email. A sample will be good if you can share. Can i email markus directly??? Could anyone introduce me to him??? I am really anxious and need your help to successfully make my request. Hope to hear from you soon. You can reach out to me at [email protected]. Thank you.
Manitobain, Dammy, New_start, love_Clouds and NostalgiaLava you are the best! Many thanks! Is dammy Nigerian???

Last edited by Daquinex; May 16th 2012 at 12:49 am.
Old May 16th 2012, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Daquinex:
look at www.immigratemanitoba.com for the strategic stream and the exploratory visit. Write up your individual (sorry, there is no form nor sample for it, as it has to be uniquely you) letter, addressing all the points mentioned as requirements for the exploratory visit and send it to the address given there.
No, you can't address Markus directly, as he is one out of several officers responsible for exploratory visit. There is no shortcut for you to take, how fair would that be towards others?

If you read through some of my previous answers, I have detailed the required letter a few times...so keep on reading through the thread.
Old May 16th 2012, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Daquinex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Daquinex:
look at www.immigratemanitoba.com for the strategic stream and the exploratory visit. Write up your individual (sorry, there is no form nor sample for it, as it has to be uniquely you) letter, addressing all the points mentioned as requirements for the exploratory visit and send it to the address given there.
No, you can't address Markus directly, as he is one out of several officers responsible for exploratory visit. There is no shortcut for you to take, how fair would that be towards others?

If you read through some of my previous answers, I have detailed the required letter a few times...so keep on reading through the thread.
Thank you for your reply, appreciated! I am working on my request letter now and i will be attaching my resume. Is that suffiecient enough or do i need more documents and if so what other documents would you advice? Do i need to include my family in the request even though i will do not plan to visit with them initially? Please refrence your details required in the letter as per your previous post, i guess i have missed or havent seen that yet.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
Travel: wish you a successful trip on Your EV and will be following every update live from Manitoba

Thanks a lot Dammy, I will definitely give a live update

Originally Posted by Gustekp
Hi travel,congrats on everything and I do hope all goes well with you.All the best.

Ig
Thanks a lot Gustekp. Hopefully things should go well.

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Travel,
Hope u all the best, be safe
How long did it take you to receive your TRV, is it necessary to take your IELTS results.
Thanks Froid, it took me a little over 2 months to get the EV invite but just 5 days to get my TRV. It is better to take IELTS , since your language skills need to be assessed and an IELTS certificate needs to be uploaded on the online application.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hello everyone

Good to see some movement on the statuses for some fellow members.

No update on our front as yet
And now its started to create anxiety in us. Mail shouldnt have taken that long. Praying to God that everything is fine with our letter and we get it soon.

@travel, @FROID : congrats on getting the TRV. And all the best.

@travel : Band of 8 is a very good score on IELTS. Congrats. Wish you a successful EV trip.

@FROID :
1) IELTS Results : Now that a lot of importance is being given to IELTS, it will be no harm to carry it along if you have your score card with you. Markus had checked ours during the interview.

2) along with the bank statement, if you also have a property or an ongoing loan that impacts your financial wealth; then I will recommend to carry some documentation for that effect as well. (May not be formal originals).
Also, if your bank statement covers for the minimum required funding (I think its 10,000 for primary applicant + 2000 for each additional family member) then the bank statement is sufficient; else you need to have more documents to prove the min required net worth.

3) Finally, about the notarization of documents, I would like to point to the note from @manitobian. I hope that addresses part of your concern. But, I am not sure what should be done for cross-country situation.

Also, as @manitobian suggested - start filling in your PNP application before going on the exploratory visit. That way, if you have some questions or concerns about any documentation on your file, you can get them clarified with immigration officers during the interview.
for instance: @travel we had clarified our doubts on birth certificate during the interview only.

Regards,
Lovely_Clouds, I am sure your letter will come soon, I had to wait for over two months to get confirmation for the EV and I can understand the anxiety. However in the end things do work out. It is easier said than done, but believe me just have faith and it will come through.

Just to give you an idea. It takes 12 days (Excluding holidays) for a postal letter to reach India from London. I have experienced this many times. Canada is almost double the distance. So even if they do process the application within 3 months, it would almost another month for it to reach us. Don't worry and wish you all the best.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Dear Lovely clouds,
Again you are the best
Hoping u to receive ur letter ASAP I know ur feeling. I felt it last week when I was waiting to TRV and it was not late that much.

Regarding IELTS Results: I don't have but I 'll try with my employer to provide me with a letter stating that English is our formal business language. I believe that will be fine in addition to Markus assessment during the interview.(Am I right)

My bank statment states that I have a personal loan but I have balance more than the required fund by CIC

For the notarization issue: I am waiting for manitobain.........

I think PNP is for the CIC permenant residence. so I will start filling those app. and not MPNP app......Am I right?

thanx

@FROID :

Regards,[/QUOTE]
Old May 16th 2012, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travel
Thanks a lot Dammy, I will definitely give a live update

Thanks a lot Gustekp. Hopefully things should go well.

Thanks Froid, it took me a little over 2 months to get the EV invite but just 5 days to get my TRV. It is better to take IELTS , since your language skills need to be assessed and an IELTS certificate needs to be uploaded on the online application.
Thanks a lot
Old May 16th 2012, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

@ FROID:

Hi Manitobain,

Thanks for the elaborate explanation. I just have one question. You mentioned that the online application requires us to prove only 5 years of experience. When I log in to the online MPNP application portal and go to the employment section it states you need to enter employment history for last 10 years or since age 18. I have already uploaded my employment history for last 10 years, but was wondering if I should have instead just uploaded the last 5 years. In my opinion less documents to verify would translate to quicker processing times for our applications

Have I missed reading some instruction(s) where it is mentioned that we need to upload only last 5 years employment history.

As always your guidance will be invaluable to all of us.

Last edited by travel; May 16th 2012 at 4:45 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.