Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 17th 2014, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

guys, thank you soooo much.
Originally Posted by Atelman
La_Luna - my congratulations on your invitation for EV! You got your foot in the door))) It is a very important milestone, especially now when all windows are almost closed!
this sums it up perfectly.. yes, it's hard now to get a chance like this..
we still can' believe...

and, i have question about proof of funds.
our funds for now are in our national currency, HRK. do we need to convert it already to CAD, or is this okay, will MPNP accept bank statement in foreing currency?

Last edited by La_LuNa; Feb 17th 2014 at 9:28 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

La_LuNa, There is no need to convert funds to CAD. If your Bank could indicate equivalent of kuna in CAD or US$ as per your national bank rate in the statement, it will be even better. Or you can show this amount in CAD on additional sticky note (as I did).
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Atelman
La_LuNa, There is no need to convert funds to CAD. If your Bank could indicate equivalent of kuna in CAD or US$ as per your national bank rate in the statement, it will be even better. Or you can show this amount in CAD on additional sticky note (as I did).
excellent, thanks for that info. CAD or US$ are not common currency here, accounts are in HRKs or EURos, so I was starting to panic how to prove our funds, do we need to open special account maybe, but it's okay now
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi La-Luna,

Congrad. to you, you are almost there, make sure you have a plan for everyday before you go to Morden.
Believe me you will love it there Good luck and please let me know if you need anything.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 2:44 am
Just Joined

sureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nicesureboy is just really nice

OK it is my turn to share the good news...... I got my LOA yesterday. Though the letter was dated 26 of Nov 2013, I really don't know why it took so long but all the same I give God all the praise. Onto the next level!!!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Our credit card got charged with $1,250 CAD just yesterday. Does that mean an AOR is on our way?
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Yup. You should receive an email with your UCI number within 3-5 days.
Congrats and best of luck!

Originally Posted by Teh Anomaly
Our credit card got charged with $1,250 CAD just yesterday. Does that mean an AOR is on our way?
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

wannalivemb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sureboy
OK it is my turn to share the good news...... I got my LOA yesterday. Though the letter was dated 26 of Nov 2013, I really don't know why it took so long but all the same I give God all the praise. Onto the next level!!!
Congrats Sureboy!!!! and good luck for the next step.

Could you please share the date you submitted your mpnp online application ?

Last edited by wannalivemb; Feb 19th 2014 at 8:16 am.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

wannalivemb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
March... could be the magic month (of re-opening the strategic stream) ...is what I heard.

Better get prepared, as if it goes like last year, it won't last very long!
Hi Manitobain,

I heard about the EOI (Expression of Interest) system that will take place January 2015. Maybe you have more insights about it, as I was wondering : do you think this will totally replace the Provincial nominee program and thus could 2014 be the last year for exploratory visit ?

I am reading about the EOI system (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTM...013-10-28b.asp) and it seems to be a very different and innovative process compares to the ones CIC currently have.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats sureboy. As your name implies, your success is sure!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teh Anomaly
Good one!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation!
You are one step nearer.
Happy for you
Old Feb 19th 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who received their Confirmation of nomination (LOA) , you send the original or copy of the letter to CIO Sydney
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannalivemb
Hi Manitobain,

I heard about the EOI (Expression of Interest) system that will take place January 2015. Maybe you have more insights about it, as I was wondering : do you think this will totally replace the Provincial nominee program and thus could 2014 be the last year for exploratory visit ?

I am reading about the EOI system (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTM...013-10-28b.asp) and it seems to be a very different and innovative process compares to the ones CIC currently have.
Hi,
yes, the new approach will be different on the federal side.
The strategic stream/exploratory visit IS already doing part of this actually. You give your expression of interest by sending an email to PNP when the stream open again.. right? Will other areas of PNP follow ? Who knows really, it will depend how much liberty the Provinces are keeping/getting to deal with their nomination programs. Programs seem lately constantly to change, Federal generally doesn't care much what the Provinces are thinking and goes ahead with what they want to...or so it seems to me lately (not only in immigration area?!) ...never mind me, if I sound slightly frustrated
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:34 am
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hi,
yes, the new approach will be different on the federal side.
The strategic stream/exploratory visit IS already doing part of this actually. You give your expression of interest by sending an email to PNP when the stream open again.. right? Will other areas of PNP follow ? Who knows really, it will depend how much liberty the Provinces are keeping/getting to deal with their nomination programs. Programs seem lately constantly to change, Federal generally doesn't care much what the Provinces are thinking and goes ahead with what they want to...or so it seems to me lately (not only in immigration area?!) ...never mind me, if I sound slightly frustrated
It says:
CIC would only invite the best candidates, including those with in-demand skills or with job offers, to apply for a visa. Expressions of interest that are not chosen after a period of time may be removed from the pool. As a result, application backlogs would not accumulate and processing times will be kept to a minimum.

What about those that don't have the skills needed... we cant be all Welders... and we cant get job offers either...
Its good for some if they launch this and stop EVs but bad for us that don't have the skilled trades....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.