British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

Reindeer Jan 21st 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@Lovely_clouds: congrats, you finally reached the other side. I've read that it was a reallllly tedious flight, but the end result is sweet:thumbsup: Enjoy house hunting.

Reindeer Jan 21st 2013 4:21 pm

@ Violets are blue- you are one step closer to joining lovely_clouds in Manitoba Congratulations & Good luck with the rest of the journey :D:thumbsup:
Don't forget to keep in touch with us on the forum after u have reached Manitoba.

Reindeer Jan 21st 2013 4:22 pm

@ all newbies: I see applications for the EV is streaming in, best of luck.

Dammy Jan 21st 2013 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man (Post 10496651)
Dont know if this is of any help to anyone, but I sent my email off expressing interest in a visit last night and got a reply back with the questionnaire today (1520 UK time). Maybe this is normal, but it seemed quite a quick reply!

I suspect it is normal and am beginning to think this looks like an automated reply or probably a way of pushing the ball back to the applicant's court for further work.

But anyhow, you are sure you have started the journey. All the very best to you and all the others that have received feedback.

Dammy Jan 21st 2013 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10496767)
And here we go again...:)

Just wanted to let you know that I have just received an e-mail from Sidney
reading as follows:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Provincial Nominee Program.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Phew, another step taken.:):thumbsup:. Now waiting for good news from Danny and Travel:fingerscrossed:;), and all the others too. Violets, news on your behalf?

Team D.T.C is really winning:thumbsup:. Staying glue to my email for the same info.;)

Congrat Markus.

dwight-van-man Jan 21st 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks Dammy, am excited nonetheless! Is progress after years of dreaming...

lovely_clouds Jan 21st 2013 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10495701)
No you won't . It's not about were you from but what you are :)

Right. The is no sort of discrimination here for country, background etc. everyone's equal.

lovely_clouds Jan 21st 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10495639)
Congratulations! You finally made it!
I have questions about Goods to Follow. I have some luggages in my friends' garage in the U.S.. I'm planning to land first and after I have settled I will go to my friends' places and maybe drive my luggage back to Winnipeg. Will there be some problems if I don't include those stuff in my Goods to Follow?

If you know you MIGHT be bringing in some of your old stuff later on.... Jut put it on the Goods To Follow list. Else you may most likely end up paying customs / GST on it.

lovely_clouds Jan 21st 2013 5:42 pm

reading as follows:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Provincial Nominee Program.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Phew, another step taken.:):thumbsup:. Now waiting for good news from Danny and Travel:fingerscrossed:;), and all the others too. Violets, news on your behalf?

Good luck :thumbup:

lovely_clouds Jan 21st 2013 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10495639)
Congratulations! You finally made it!
I have questions about Goods to Follow. I have some luggages in my friends' garage in the U.S.. I'm planning to land first and after I have settled I will go to my friends' places and maybe drive my luggage back to Winnipeg. Will there be some problems if I don't include those stuff in my Goods to Follow?

You can also read further notes under section "what to include" on this wiki :
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

manitobain Jan 21st 2013 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10494875)
Replying pretty late as I was swamped with work all last week.

Team D.T.C. does indeed sound like a powerful brand :) . I guess we all should meet-up once we are all there eventually to take this diccussion forward ).

We will also invite Manitobain and Lovely_Clouds as Chief Mentors for their valuable guidance and advise.

Lets keep this thought alive.

:) I am all game. Now if you get that brand to set up company in Rossburn...and later be able to interview potential candidates during their EV...ahhh.. wouldn't that be something (ok ok, I know...wishful thinking) ;)

manitobain Jan 21st 2013 6:04 pm

wow...you are rushing through this... ;)
congrats! you seem to be on a roll

reading as follows:

Conmar Jan 21st 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10496997)
:) I am all game. Now if you get that brand to set up company in Rossburn...and later be able to interview potential candidates during their EV...ahhh.. wouldn't that be something (ok ok, I know...wishful thinking) ;)

Yes, that would be something...and...who knows...;)

Violets are blue Jan 21st 2013 6:25 pm

reading as follows:

Originally Posted by Reindeer (Post 10496796)
@ Violets are blue- you are one step closer to joining lovely_clouds in Manitoba Congratulations & Good luck with the rest of the journey :D:thumbsup:
Don't forget to keep in touch with us on the forum after u have reached Manitoba.

Congratulations Conmar, great news :thumbsup:. No new news from me just yet, will have some in the next few weeks as more will be arranged :D

Thank you Reindeer :D, its nice to be that much closer and will of course post on here my plans once I have them arranged.

Conmar Jan 21st 2013 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10496830)
Team D.T.C is really winning:thumbsup:. Staying glue to my email for the same info.;)

Congrat Markus.

Thanks my friend.:)