British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

College2003 Jan 22nd 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian (Post 10500178)
Your IELTS results ar evalid only for2 years, considering you took them in 2010, you will have to take the exam again and submit the new scores.

thank you....I thought I can still use it

Reindeer Jan 22nd 2013 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10499591)
Looking like we are going to brace the tape at the same time:lol: Thanks Reindeer and best of luck with you application for LOA.

Avacon, we will soon hear your good news too, that I know for sure. Best of luck friend.:thumbup:

Thanks Dammy. It's the waiting part as u all know that is the killer.

Reindeer Jan 22nd 2013 7:18 pm

Just to throw this thought out there:

It would be interesting to know people that are undergoing the EV PROCESS:
1) Their country of residence
2) Visa office
It makes it easier to identify the person u want to follow in terms of timeline
Not sure if anyone else agrees, if not, no hassle??? If yes maybe they can add it to their timeline.

WannabeMonitobian Jan 22nd 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Reindeer (Post 10500314)
Just to throw this thought out there:

It would be interesting to know people that are undergoing the EV PROCESS:
1) Their country of residence
2) Visa office
It makes it easier to identify the person u want to follow in terms of timeline
Not sure if anyone else agrees, if not, no hassle??? If yes maybe they can add it to their timeline.

How do you add the time line>??

New_Start Jan 22nd 2013 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by College2003 (Post 10500195)
thank you....I thought I can still use it

Maybe you can try to use it to apply for EV? I don't think it will hurt if MPNP office doesn't accept it. But you have to take it again when you submit your app to CIC. Good luck!

AVACON Jan 22nd 2013 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10500342)
Maybe you can try to use it to apply for EV? I don't think it will hurt if MPNP office doesn't accept it. But you have to take it again when you submit your app to CIC. Good luck!

All

I believe there is a bit of mis-conception on IELTS for PNP.

For the provincial application, it is important that you take the IELTS regardless of skills level of your NOC as it helps you prove adaptability, employability and your english readiness. Your IELTS has to be within the 2 year rule to ensure there are no set-backs and you are advised to submit result along with your application.

For the CIC application, the IELTS is of importance if your NOC skills are in sets C & D group and must be submitted with your application (this is the rule effective from 1st July 2012 and is clearly stated on the checklist for PNP). For those in skills set 0, A & B, the IELTS is not mandatory but you are advised to submit your result with your application, as this does not hurt in any way.

I have seen people mix these things up because we fail to read the guides properly. However, my advise is always, if in doubt include the IELTS result in your application, it hurts no one in doing so!!!

WannabeMonitobian Jan 23rd 2013 12:20 am

Hi ALL,
Do we need to send additional docs like banks statements, degree cert., employment ref. letters etc or it is sufficient to send only your CV and IELTS results as requested on the website, previously the people on this forum last year sent a whole bunch of documents, they seem to be specific in their request this year requestingonly C and IELTS results.....please share your thoughts.

chiefmissile Jan 23rd 2013 10:18 am

Hi,

Things moving along very quickly now, I have received AOR dated 23/01/13:thumbsup: good luck to everyone else waiting, not too long now. Lets hope London processing times and medical evaluations are speedily expedited.:amen:

Regards

Andrew

College2003 Jan 23rd 2013 4:06 pm

congrats Chiefmissile!!!!

Conmar Jan 23rd 2013 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10501753)
Hi,

Things moving along very quickly now, I have received AOR dated 23/01/13:thumbsup: good luck to everyone else waiting, not too long now. Lets hope London processing times and medical evaluations are speedily expedited.:amen:

Regards

Andrew

Good way to start the day:).
Congratulations Andrew:thumbsup:
Leading signs are really excellent so far.:thumbup:

Reindeer Jan 23rd 2013 6:31 pm

@chiefmissile: that really is fantastic news, so congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

chiefmissile Jan 23rd 2013 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by College2003 (Post 10502142)
congrats Chiefmissile!!!!

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10502244)
Good way to start the day:).
Congratulations Andrew:thumbsup:
Leading signs are really excellent so far.:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Reindeer (Post 10502259)
@chiefmissile: that really is fantastic news, so congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys for your support, just hope everything goes smoothly for us all and no hiccups along the way!:fingerscrossed:

AVACON Jan 23rd 2013 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10501753)
Hi,

Regards

Andrew

Chiefmissile

Congrats on your AOR, another phase bites the dust, on to the next!

Wishing you speedy processing all through!!

chiefmissile Jan 23rd 2013 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by AVACON (Post 10502568)
Chiefmissile

Congrats on your AOR, another phase bites the dust, on to the next!

Wishing you speedy processing all through!!

Thanks, you are not far behind me:D

c963852 Jan 24th 2013 5:23 am

Hi all,

anyone would tell me how to fill the questionaire? i have contact many communities, but no response, how can you get the supporting from communities and what supporting will they do?:confused:

i am so anxious, anybody can help me?