British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by roy1987 (Post 10483822)
Hi
I am new to this site so please excuse me if I sound stupid :)
My husband has a job offer in Manitoba so we are looking to move can anyone advise whether we can apply using the strategic iniative? We were all sorted to move 5 years ago unfortunately the time was not right and we didnt move, we are now ready to go and iam looking in to ways of getting there!
Many thanks
Felicity

If you have an employer who is willing to apply for LMO, I would suggest that route. Str. Stream is slower, as you need to visit first (and spend the extra money) and it will take at least 6 months (via old timelines) to be at that stage to get a WP ok'd w/o LMO.. and that is only if everything goes right from the start and can jump anytime on the plan for an EV

Dammy Jan 15th 2013 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10483734)
Hi @ all,

this time I have good news, I just learned today that our credit card was charged on...January 7th! :):D:lol:

Bravo:thumbup: Same date as mine

We are getting closer to the finish line, let see how it goes:fingerscrossed:

Dammy Jan 15th 2013 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10484090)
Thanks a lot, Travel. Team D.T.C is complete;) and back on track.:thumbup:

Conmar that is a powerful brand you have created - D.T.C. Never thought of that. We could just float a company in Winnipeg when we arrive:D

But need to think :sneaky: of what type of business we will venture into. Any idea Travel and Conmar?:confused:

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by nmdgreen (Post 10483492)
hello guys,

i am new here and i think this site is very helpful.

I received an email from MPNP EV and they sent me the questionnaire to be considered for an EV. Well, based on their requirement, I maybe eligible. I am within the age range, I got 8.0 on IELTS, I have 3 years experience, and I have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.

Now the "problem" is, I applied to Quebec before. Not that I really want to settle there because I don't speak any French, but just because my immigration agent told me it's easier to apply there. But when I was interviewed, they asked me to provide a French exam results. So I didn't pass that and opted to go here in Australia instead. But now I found this EV, I want to give it a try.

Would my previous application to Quebec adversely affect my Manitoba application? Or can I offset this my explaining why I would love to settle in Manitoba? Should I still declare my Quebec application (that was 2 years ago)?

Thank you.

you will have to declare the quebec application in the questionaire. And yes, it can affect your application adversely. Out of the the text above I would draw the conclusion that you want to get to Canada and don't really care where you are going and looking to MB as an easy way in. (send that immigration consultant to h..., if he suggested to apply for Quebec w/o u speaking french) ...this is not what MB wants.

You can give it a try...but don't put your hopes up too high. Clearly you will have to have some very good reason why you switch province and I don't think blaming the consultant will do the trick.

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by jamaicaboy (Post 10483095)
Well it does say that

however below it still says and/or?

I just completed the questionnaire and sent my resume and mentioned that I have a score of 12 on the self-assessment and I am hoping for the best.

I dont see the need for it if you are from an English speaking country =_=

I am so nervous and I know that this is just the start of my nerves haha.

JB

I have asked PNP for clarification on the language requirement. Once I hear something, will let you know.

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Myzeina (Post 10483753)
if i went to Manitoba , and i was not able to find any job during the first few months and i found a job at other province
can i move at this case?
how they are going to handle such a case ?

this is why you have to research and work hard on figuring out if you are employable... the whole point of it.
MB wants ppl who CAN find a job and stay permanently.

Nothing that can legally stop you (yet) once you are PR, but in my eyes you just dropped far down on the list of people I would recommend (if I had a say) if you are thinking already now that line.

Myzeina Jan 15th 2013 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10484604)
, but in my eyes you just dropped far down on the list of people I would recommend (if I had a say) if you are thinking already now that line.

Hi Manitobain

Could you please clarfiy what you mean by the above statment as i didn't understand .

by the way i'm just asking for my infromation to see to which level i can build my plan B not

Conmar Jan 15th 2013 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10484545)
Conmar that is a powerful brand you have created - D.T.C. Never thought of that. We could just float a company in Winnipeg when we arrive:D

But need to think :sneaky: of what type of business we will venture into. Any idea Travel and Conmar?:confused:

Thanks for the compliment :o. We should keep that in mind, who knows...;).
Anyway we can start collecting ideas.:thumbup:

Conmar Jan 15th 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by clarisom (Post 10483850)
manitobaian here i go again:)

Have you made contact with any communities in Manitoba whether geographical or ethno-cultural? Are any of them interested in supporting you?

please advise me on how to go about this.
was just wondering :huh:since the communities seem abit confusing and i dont have much information though am still trying to do my research online

okie :confused:how do i go about identifying a suitable community for support?:confused:

thank you in advance be blessed:D

I`m not Manitobain, but perhaps I can give you a hint.
First figure out where you want to live, in a city or in a rural community?
Next, search the net - yes, the whole world is only few clicks away -for detailed information about the communities or cities you are interested in.
You can search on youtube for videos, or take some virtual tours on googlemaps.com, to name but a few options.
Many communities have e.g. economic development officers, get into touch with them.

And now it is up to you. Good luck.
By the way, this is the easy part of the process.

roy1987 Jan 15th 2013 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10484528)
If you have an employer who is willing to apply for LMO, I would suggest that route. Str. Stream is slower, as you need to visit first (and spend the extra money) and it will take at least 6 months (via old timelines) to be at that stage to get a WP ok'd w/o LMO.. and that is only if everything goes right from the start and can jump anytime on the plan for an EV

Hi Manitoba
Thank you for your reply. We got a LMO 5 years ago but never ended up going, do you think this may affect us on a new application? The same company have kept the job offer open for him which is lucky, we have a loan at the moment in the uk and are trying to pay this off quickly to then be able to apply and move again. :fingerscrossed: we will be in a position to apply soon :D

Violets are blue Jan 15th 2013 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10483734)
Hi @ all,

this time I have good news, I just learned today that our credit card was charged on...January 7th! :):D:lol:

Congratulations Conmar :thumbsup:, brilliant news. I hope the rest of the application goes smoothly and quickly. Good luck :thumbsup::D

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by roy1987 (Post 10484708)
Hi Manitoba
Thank you for your reply. We got a LMO 5 years ago but never ended up going, do you think this may affect us on a new application? The same company have kept the job offer open for him which is lucky, we have a loan at the moment in the uk and are trying to pay this off quickly to then be able to apply and move again. :fingerscrossed: we will be in a position to apply soon :D

no, a not used LMO shouldn't cause trouble, especially if 5 years ago. I'd say try to go that route again then, but make sure you are ready to go, once the LMO comes through.

manitobain Jan 15th 2013 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10484669)
I`m not Manitobain, but perhaps I can give you a hint.
First figure out where you want to live, in a city or in a rural community?
Next, search the net - yes, the whole world is only few clicks away -for detailed information about the communities or cities you are interested in.
You can search on youtube for videos, or take some virtual tours on googlemaps.com, to name but a few options.
Many communities have e.g. economic development officers, get into touch with them.

And now it is up to you. Good luck.
By the way, this is the easy part of the process.

and to add to this:

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/cho...l-communities/

try this link if it isn't Winnipeg you want to be in :)

lovely_clouds Jan 15th 2013 8:54 pm

Hi everyone. Just a quick update.... We are now officially Canadian Permanent Resident :) :thumbsup:
Whole landing process was super easy.
Right now we are just super tired from Monday & whole 22 hrs process of travel so far. & now waiting at Toronto Pearson airport for onward connecting flight to Winnipeg. Will update more later :)

@conmar : congratulations on your cc charge

Dammy Jan 15th 2013 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10484990)
Hi everyone. Just a quick update.... We are now officially Canadian Permanent Resident :) :thumbsup:
Whole landing process was super easy.
Right now we are just super tired from Monday & whole 22 hrs process of travel so far. & now waiting at Toronto Pearson airport for onward connecting flight to Winnipeg. Will update more later :)

@conmar : congratulations on your cc charge

Have a nice rest when you finally reach winnipeg:starsmile:

Looking forward to your landing experience. Are you flying into winnipeg with westjet or aircanada.