British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

lorerodri Feb 11th 2013 3:16 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10539171)
Oh everyone here seem to dream about vacation at your place... Why do you want to leave? :)

Well, i love this country, but i want to give a better life to my children, more opportunities.

I want to live in Canada, and come here on vacation every season

If you want, add me in you Skype

iforti Feb 11th 2013 6:52 pm

Guys

How much is the waiting time from sending your request for EV to making the decision from officers... Im being impatient in this process :)

Thanx people

WannabeMonitobian Feb 11th 2013 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10539402)
Guys

How much is the waiting time from sending your request for EV to making the decision from officers... Im being impatient in this process :)

Thanx people

When did you send your EV request?

iforti Feb 11th 2013 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian (Post 10539406)
When did you send your EV request?

I sent them by 21.1.2013... but no info from them till now :(

WannabeMonitobian Feb 11th 2013 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10539478)
I sent them by 21.1.2013... but no info from them till now :(

sent mine on 23rd Jan, apparently takes upto 2 months for response according to Manitobian.So just have to wait wth patience. :)

iforti Feb 12th 2013 2:06 am

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian (Post 10539690)
sent mine on 23rd Jan, apparently takes upto 2 months for response according to Manitobian.So just have to wait wth patience. :)

I plan to send them a letter and ask what whats going on with my request cause now the skilled worker program is getting closer... wanted to know cause if this wont workout than I plan to apply for skilled worker program....

manitobain Feb 12th 2013 4:19 am

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10540076)
I plan to send them a letter and ask what whats going on with my request cause now the skilled worker program is getting closer... wanted to know cause if this wont workout than I plan to apply for skilled worker program....

IF you get an answer to that letter, they will probably tell you to go ahead with FSW and forget about MPNP. There is lot of others interested, so really...

lorerodri Feb 12th 2013 6:36 am

I have seen that most of you who have applied (since we send the request by email- till we get the LOA) its almost the same time.

But after that, times vary till we get the PR

AVACON Feb 12th 2013 6:57 am

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10540076)

Really, this does not bother MPNP......

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10540299)
IF you get an answer to that letter, they will probably tell you to go ahead with FSW and forget about MPNP. There is lot of others interested, so really...

I guess iforti needs to realise that there are plenty fishes in the sea, and who the captain of the boat is!;);):lol:

iforti, patience is the name of the game, if you have other options then do go ahead and take them.........

NostalgiaLava Feb 12th 2013 2:15 pm

Hey guys, what about this family registry household book in the pr checklist? And for the national ids, can I use my national ids in our resident country?

iforti Feb 12th 2013 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by AVACON (Post 10540673)
Really, this does not bother MPNP......

I guess iforti needs to realise that there are plenty fishes in the sea, and who the captain of the boat is!;);):lol:

iforti, patience is the name of the game, if you have other options then do go ahead and take them.........

Than I will have to wait like all others, WTF... as Manitobain said... we need to be patient even if we are not...

HappiTropi Feb 13th 2013 9:55 am

Hello ladies and gents,

I'm waiting with bated breath for my IELTS results, so that I can submit them and be on my way to getting my EV. So in the interim I'm trying to get everything that I can prepared, and scrolling through previous posts on this thread when I see Manitobains' post and I start to fret.

I'm worrying about:

1. TRV: connections in MB. Do ask your MPNP officer directly if it is ok, if you name him/her as contact (Marcus/Sarah do seem to do the majority at the moment, I know Sarah has agreed in one case...but better to ask them). They can't legally write you a support letter, but they suggest to add to your application your email conversation with them and as I said, probably they are ok with giving their name/email address and phone number as contact. relationship I would put in my case officer at MPNP or similiar.

My problem: At the end of the e-mails there is no name, I see the three letters that I suppose are initials, but how do I request something from someone if I have no clue who they are?.. :(

2.For online PNP application you only need to have proof of 5 years experience/references from employers for both if a couple....yet for the PR application the MAIN applicant needs 10 years proof (I find that very confusing)...so again, while you are at it, get all you need together.

I just...exactly 2 years ago began working full time, I've been in school and doing summer jobs up to that point.

3. I don't know anyone in Canada, I have a friend there she isn't a permanent resident. I have to have an invitation letter to get a TRV, and from my research the MPNP does not provide those letters. What do I do?

manitobain Feb 13th 2013 12:42 pm

let me see if I can ease some of the worries :)

Originally Posted by HappiTropi (Post 10543346)
Hello ladies and gents,

I'm waiting with bated breath for my IELTS results, so that I can submit them and be on my way to getting my EV. So in the interim I'm trying to get everything that I can prepared, and scrolling through previous posts on this thread when I see Manitobains' post and I start to fret. and here I meant to help ;)

I'm worrying about:

1. TRV: connections in MB. Do ask your MPNP officer directly if it is ok, if you name him/her as contact (Marcus/Sarah do seem to do the majority at the moment, I know Sarah has agreed in one case...but better to ask them). They can't legally write you a support letter, but they suggest to add to your application your email conversation with them and as I said, probably they are ok with giving their name/email address and phone number as contact. relationship I would put in my case officer at MPNP or similiar.

My problem: At the end of the e-mails there is no name, I see the three letters that I suppose are initials, but how do I request something from someone if I have no clue who they are?.. :( cause you are over-eager ;). The next reply from MPNP -if positive- should reveal the officer you will be dealing with ..as they will arrange the interview date directly with you.

2.For online PNP application you only need to have proof of 5 years experience/references from employers for both if a couple....yet for the PR application the MAIN applicant needs 10 years proof (I find that very confusing)...so again, while you are at it, get all you need together. this was taken bit out of context. For a short period of time you had also to get education/experience proof when applying for PR as a PNP. They changed that around again, so now only proof off educ/exp at the PNP level

I just...exactly 2 years ago began working full time, I've been in school and doing summer jobs up to that point. PNP is irritating me with constantly changing their web info...grrr. I can't find the guide anymore, where it was better explained. I can only find the info that you need a minimum of 1 year education and 2 years experience.. so if they ask only for that, then they really shouldn't ask for more in the application. Let me check on that tomorrow...maybe I get lucky and get an answer

3. I don't know anyone in Canada, I have a friend there she isn't a permanent resident. I have to have an invitation letter to get a TRV, and from my research the MPNP does not provide those letters. What do I do?ahhh...here is where the part : make connections ..comes in. Connect with communities you are interested in visiting..either through EDO or if they have Settlement Officers or simply municipal administration, ask all those questions about living, employment etc...and if all good, ask them for an invitation letter. Give them the website where it is describe how such a letter has to look like..as it needs to be pretty specific, explain that they don't financially commit to anything..other than you coming out to visit them and potentially settling there and you just might be good :)

better? :)

College2003 Feb 13th 2013 1:56 pm

You're the best Manitobain..By the way Happy valentines day!!!!!
You are really a big help to us. I don't ask questions because others are already asking them and your answers helps me a lot! thank you. I am also in the process of waiting.......just like the rest of us....

WannabeMonitobian Feb 13th 2013 10:03 pm

three weeks up and still counting....