Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
hi @violets, @avacon, @dammy, @perica
Wish you all the best for 2013; and pray your MB target get fulfilled faster

hi @ilse.... i loved the concept of cookbook; and just cudnt resist the temptation of sending in my bit
have you also heard any rumours about my recipe being selected for print lol

we r more than ready now.. all boxes packed & taped; all suitcases (except 2 for clothing) stuffed to the brim. everything extra sold off, forex conversion on track.
11 days left... tick tock tick tock tick tock
@Lovely_cloud: wishing you all the best too in year 2013, as well a safe and lovely flight to Winnipeg.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

@Violet are blue:

Wooooooooooow This is ggod news Violet. You have indeed opened the door for year 2013 for this thread and trust we all get faster and positive responses from our visa offices.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
:thumb sup:

Just thought I would update everyone. We got the e mail today asking for passport copies for us . We have until the end of May to get there. Am so very excited

Good luck to everyone waiting
V-A-B

A happy new year and congratulations - all in one gift for 2013!!!!!!!

Enjoy, and have a pint or two on me!!!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Violets are blue;Just thought I would update everyone. We got the e mail today asking for passport copies for us . We have until the end of May to get there. Am so very excited

Good luck to everyone waiting [/QUOTE]

Hey Violet, congratulation!!! 2013 is off to a good start I say

Louis Riel Day it is? ) mmm..welll...maybe Easter, which is pretty early this year as in End of March.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LF dreamld
Thanks so much Manitobain

I do like to work, and settle in Manitoba for good.
I like country life more than big city. I am kind of person like to see the product being made with my hands and efforts.
One more thing I want your insights is that employable issue.
I have heard so many stories about the immigrants can not find job after arrived. And every year the officers received thousands applications, intervew ten thousand interviewees. I would argue that they should have some criterias to approve, such as quality of person, out going, reasonable mind , friendly , ambitions, willing to contribute to community. I mean to interivew ten thousand people is a very challenging job. I have been involved in interivewing aroud 100 candidates for 30 position. We use the agents to screen out a lot applications, even those 100 times interivew, we definitely have our own criteria and some time just after two or three roundd question and answer, we can clearly make judgement.
I mean the employable is very a kind of officer selective and decision oriented. We, the applicants , flight ten thousands mile to the area, and for us the employable is rather a kind of good effort and intention. It is not easy for people who did not live there and have a lot of chances to look for jobs in local market.
This is quite interesting topic.
I read all your comments , it encourages me greatly.
Any way , I cross my fingers for the god bless .
Cheers
Hi, guess I need to clarify 2 things:
rural: I think rural has very different meanings in different countries around the world. It doesn't mean in MB, that you only find farmers in the rural area for one. It does mean that you have a longer drive into the city and their amenities, but it doesn't mean that there is nothing going on in the rural area. We have to drive 1 1/2 to get to a movie theatre, but we do have everything we need close by...hence lot of ppl work in retail, hospital, school settings. Tourism is an upcoming industry here, as we have less and less farms (same farmland used usually for grain farming, just bigger farms...sadly in one way). And then we have rather smaller almost hobby farms producing fresh produce ready to buy from the farm...which is clearly an advantage from the city.

interviews: What makes you think they interview 10,000 ppl?? The MB PNP quota is for one at 5,000 main applicants...so that cut it already in half.
Then look at all the different streams...the employer direct and the family stream are the most used ones as far as I know. The strategic stream comes in place when they do outland "missions", which happens once or twice a year max I'd say. At those days they interview non-stop..with one or 2 ppl..so how many can you do? 50 max? The rest of the interviews are done in Wpg, as you all know. My guestimate is maybe..and just maybe, they interview another 200. Soooooooooo, having that said, if you had your interview...you are one of the selected ones.
This is why nobody who gets invited for an exploratory visit should take it easy, but work hard for it...as you are belonging to a small pre-selected group given a chance which is not given to many. And yes, they do have criterias, but they are not helping you to get employment...they interview you to get an idea if you are capable finding employment, once here. They interview you to find out if you have a clue what it means to live in MB and if you know what life really cost out here...and yes, connections to community life will weigh in too.

No officer expects you to have a job offer in your pocket when coming for an interview (I do know a few who managed though), but they all expect you to have a very good insight by the time you come to the interview, who could be your possible employer and first contacts with some of them....what does it take to get your profession recognized if so needed and how you plan on proceeding with it...and so on.

Strategic Stream is a privilege...very much so. I sometimes worry, that it will not be there forever, as it takes a lot of time and effort out of the program, so short on ppl probably would mean, this is the first one to cut..as we seen in 2012.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Just thought I would update everyone. We got the e mail today asking for passport copies for us . We have until the end of May to get there. Am so very excited

Great News, the New Year has bought good news for you. I am so happy that it all worked out for you. Many congratulations and good luck. Do keep us all updated on your plans
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:45 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

:thumb sup:

Very many congratulations, i can't wait to feel the way you guys are feeling today...........enjoy the moment.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Fantastic news Violets are blue. Many congratulations to you and your daughter. You'll be on your way soon.
Thanks so much again . Will decide on a date soon
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
@Violet are blue:

Wooooooooooow This is ggod news Violet. You have indeed opened the door for year 2013 for this thread and trust we all get faster and positive responses from our visa offices.
Thanks so much again, am really delighted and very much hope everyone hears some good news soon also
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AVACON
V-A-B

A happy new year and congratulations - all in one gift for 2013!!!!!!!

Enjoy, and have a pint or two on me!!!
Thank you so much Avacon , its a really good start to the year for sure, hoping it continues that way .
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hey Violet, congratulation!!! 2013 is off to a good start I say

Louis Riel Day it is? ) mmm..welll...maybe Easter, which is pretty early this year as in End of March.
Thanks so much . It was a real surprise, I didnt expect to hear for a while to be honest.

Not sure about the arrival day just yet. Was talking to my brother earlier about this, have a few things to arrange and have not told work yet . I was thinking the beginning of May but it might change, not very sure yet, if it does Louis Riel day it is
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travel
Great News, the New Year has bought good news for you. I am so happy that it all worked out for you. Many congratulations and good luck. Do keep us all updated on your plans
Thanks so much Travel, it really is a good start to the year . I will of course keep everyone posted on when I have everything planned however will probably be at least a couple of months before we leave. Am just a bit delighted today so not even thinking about an exact date yet...would mean working on getting things boxed and packed . Thanks again
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Very many congratulations, i can't wait to feel the way you guys are feeling today...........enjoy the moment.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, its a really nice feeling, one of huge relief to be honest and then panic and then excitement, bit of an emotional roller coster . And thats just today!! I hope you hear something soon and as its so early in the year hopefully you will complete in a few months
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:19 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

I hope you hear something soon and as its so early in the year hopefully you will complete in a few months
Yes thats something i thought might happen, lets wait and see.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Wow... Super coool Congratulations. Too happy for u & ur daughter. When do you plan to move over now?

Party time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.