Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Calgarian_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hello Calgarian_Hunter,

I understand that they have received their Letter of Approval.
So the answer to question 1 is no.
They can travel to Manitoba and do some job-hunting.

The answer to question 2 is no, because they cannot apply for a work permit at the airport immediately on arrival.
They are entitled to receive a so-called Letter of Support, they do not need a positive LMO. But first things first, they need a job offer.

All credits to Manitobain (Huhu Ilse) who explained it this way :
"Once you receive your nomination you don't need a LMO anymore. You need a joboffer first but you are able to tell your potential employer that the only thing they need to do besides writing you that joboffer is to register with MB employment standard (form is called WRAPA). This is a very simple form and can be done online. Takes about a week. You send the joboffer to your PNP officer and they verify that registration with employment standard has taken place. If ok they send you a supportletter for your workpermit for this employer. With that, the joboffer , your nomination paper and your passport you will receive workpermit at port of entry. So really, you can tell your future employer (and you should it helps big time in decision making) that you can be there in about 2 weeks time as long as the register. Cheers ilse"

This is imho the fastest way possible and can be done while you are already in Manitoba.
Good luck and best regards.
Conmar

Thanks Conmar....................great info
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AVACON
Hello All

Our LOA arrived today, it was dated 5th Dec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From my timeline below, you'll notice it took less than 2 months to arrive from the time we submitted online. It would appear it took approx 35 days to the time the letter was issued.

We plan to send the forms for the next phase 1st Week in January.

Wishing all those waiting, good news for this christmas season!!!

Wow

Avacon: I would say you are the man. In less than 2 months you are damn lucky. All the best for the remainder of the process.

Let me do it the Egyptian style
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nina,
After I lost twice my almost done answer thanks to a tiny short power outage, I am now typing this beforehand and will do copy/past.
I saw you got the PM bit, I will answer general question here within your text, as there might be others that can use this info as well, but feel free to private message me to specific questions.

Quote:
Ohm, I am so happy to hear from you Ilse.. Thank you very much for your answer. I do understand that everyone is busy at this time of the year, but I really need some help..
I am trying to understand the procedure so that I can make correct further steps.

Well, in short ..
I am 30 years old and I do not have any relative in Canada. I have two Master of Science degrees in Economics (Business Economics), 5 year and 10 months of prof. experience as Head of Finance, Accounting and Administration.. I have also been involved in business informatics duties at my job when required. My IELTS Academic score is 7.0. I spent a year as an exchange student in the USA (I was only 16 years old), as well as I was involved in the work of the largest international student organization AIESEC during my university studies. I have enough supporting funds and I would really like to move to Manitoba for good. Sounds great!This are just some of the most important facts.. Of course, I have all supporting documents.

My questions are the following:

- Is it wrong for me to make an interview arrangement for the Strategic Initiative program while I am in Manitoba? Yes. You can’t apply for the Str. Stream once you are in MB other than a visit. This stream is meant for those that don’t fall into any other category of the PNP, yet there is very good reasons that they will be successful and stay permanently in MB. Once you have a WP you have other options.
I have an opportunity to go in Manitoba under the program called International Experience Canada (1 year work permit). This opportunity would allow me to make better and deeper connections with the country. This would really allow me to find a job, apartment and make some friendships, as well as everything else.
So, is it possible for me to arrange an interview and take all other steps required for the Strategic Initiative program 2013 while I am in Manitoba? I would take all my documents with me. Again, see above, no. BUT IEC does mean, you are 3 steps ahead of the crowd. If you find an employer who wants you permanently/fulltime, you can after 6 months of working apply to the employer direct stream of the PNP. IEC is one of the easiest (and cheapest) way to go!
Honestly, I can’t wait to go in Manitoba and I would really like to move and live in Manitoba for good.
I have already contacted the international organization AIESEC. I hope that I will receive an answer soon.

- Are there any specific skilled workers required by the Strategic Initiative program? No, you have to prove you are employable. Means you have to do your research to find job openings, job outlook, credential recognition etc. I saw that someone was telling that farmers are in demand. Farmers are in demand, it they are ready to take over a business (or create one). Lot of farm work ppl needed for is seasonal (and therefore no good for immigration purpose). Exception maybe in research area, hog production (if they have a good year) and dairy farming.

Is it possible for me to find a job in the fields of my expertise (finance, accounting, administration or business informatics)? That will be up to you to prove…see above. From my “non-city” perspective I’d say administration would be the toughest area to find work. Accounting you need to look at job recognition…not sure if that applies in other areas as well. With an IEC it will be way easier, as you will be there for interviews and you have a legal work permit, so can start “tomorrow”. You also can start at a lower level, as it often creates “a foot in” . -
Are there any specific requirements by particular regions of Manitoba? Can I choose the region? No, again employability is the main factor. You get a few “bonus points” (there is no official point system) if you go outside Winnipegs. -
What is the role of economic development officers? I didn’t find any information regarding this matter on the official pages. : (( Maybe I have missed something. : (
EDO's take in some cases as well the role of immigration/settlement officer, so they would be your first point of contact with a community/region. Communities are setup in different ways, depending on what council is focusing on. EDO’s help with growth of the community, whichever shape and form that can take on. -
Which person is the leader of the whole process? Is there any person that I should be in constant contact? To whom should I write about my intentions, desires and progress? I saw that you were writing that economic development officers should be contacted for help and guidelines. It depends on where you plan on going as to whom to contact, but generally the best person is the local person who can transfer knowledge be it in regard to the community itself or the immigration/settlement process. It might be hard pressed to find someone in a bigger city before you are arriving. Smaller communities cherish more the fact that new ppl are moving in, so attention is easily attracted. So my 1st choice would be Immigration/Settlement Officer/Worker if available. 2nd choice the EDO and 3rd choice the CAO (chief administration officer) of the Community. If you don’t get any response, pick another place…it’s a sign (ok, this is my personal opinion). -
When should the Strategic Initiative program 2013 be opened? Only the gods of MPNP know…-
What is pm? You figured that one out…sorry for the shortcuts..bad habit
- And you did not tell me .. what community you are working for?? : )) Rossburn (www.rossburn.ca) , we are a small community at the outskirts (southwest corner) of the Riding Mountain National Park and belong to the Parkland Region. If you love the outdoors and country living, you might want to have a look.

Thank you in advance for taking your time

Greetings
Nina
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

job well done conmar

to add to that... WRAPA approval takes by now longer, I have been told.

cheers
Ilse

Hello Calgarian_Hunter,

I understand that they have received their Letter of Approval.
So the answer to question 1 is no.
They can travel to Manitoba and do some job-hunting.

The answer to question 2 is no, because they cannot apply for a work permit at the airport immediately on arrival.
They are entitled to receive a so-called Letter of Support, they do not need a positive LMO. But first things first, they need a job offer.

All credits to Manitobain (Huhu Ilse) who explained it this way :
"Once you receive your nomination you don't need a LMO anymore. You need a joboffer first but you are able to tell your potential employer that the only thing they need to do besides writing you that joboffer is to register with MB employment standard (form is called WRAPA). This is a very simple form and can be done online. Takes about a week. You send the joboffer to your PNP officer and they verify that registration with employment standard has taken place. If ok they send you a supportletter for your workpermit for this employer. With that, the joboffer , your nomination paper and your passport you will receive workpermit at port of entry. So really, you can tell your future employer (and you should it helps big time in decision making) that you can be there in about 2 weeks time as long as the register. Cheers ilse"

This is imho the fastest way possible and can be done while you are already in Manitoba.
Good luck and best regards.
Conmar
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

@chiefmissile, Conmar, Dammy, Jaysuper and all

Thanks for your congratulatory messages.

I am not in any super occupation, just a finance person! We hope to send the complete paperwork to CIC in time to be recd first week of the new year. As chiefmissile explained, Jan will be a super busy period for CIC.

Thanks all!!!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Milano97
@Lovely Clouds- Bon voyage. Good luck for a new life.
Thanks Milano.

Hi lovely_clouds,

sounds like a very good deal indeed, our best offers are around 3000$ for the two of us (Air Canada). We are about to leave by the end of April, so there is still hope for a better deal.

All the best for your trip and we wish you the best start possible in Peg!
Conmar
Hi Conmar. Thanks for the wishes.

Indeed AirCanada was costing us $3800 with longer stopover in Europe zone.
We found cheaper deals on Jet Airways, KLM, Delta & Lufthansa.
We particularly liked the link shared by Dammy. Did you check your flight sectors there?

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi Lovely clouds, nice to see you are not wasting any time and getting over to Winnipeg as fast as you can, good luck. I was wondering what airline & website did you book your flights via? Would be good to know.

Merry Christmas

Andrew
Hi Andrew. Thank you
15 Jan still appears so far. We are "almost" packed up. Hope things turn out fine in MB.

We are taking Jet Airways (that's an Indian airline) to Toronto, & then Air Canada to Winnipeg.
We had first checked the rates at bt-store.com / cheapoair.com & then just checked the rates at JetAirways.com itself. We finally booked directly at JetAirways as they were $80 cheaper

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello Lovely_clouds, great to hear all your planning is going smoothly. I believe it is indeed a good deal to get a ticket for $1000/person from India to Winnipeg.

Wish you success as you enter the "landing" mode. Will surely hook up with you when I land too.
Hi Dammy. We are almost packed up now.
& thanks for that link, We found bt-store easier to use; & it also had highly competitive rates. In terms of accomodation, we r staying at Bright Oakes initially for a week while we finally rental apartment.

While meet up in Winnipeg for sure
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Lovely clouds and Dammy thx.

So what is your plan lovely, do the landing and then go back to your country to finalize things? Or just go and start straight ahead?

My timeline is really fast! I got loa in 2 months. I think they are trying to process as much as they can before the new year. Good luck to all
Hi NostalgiaLava,

2 months is like lightening fast.... Wow. You are really very lucky not to had to face lengthy waiting time for Loa.

We are kind of moving in straight ahead, with full stuff. We've almost finalised all the things here barring a few, & hopefully will get done by 6th Jan.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hello All

From my timeline below, you'll notice it took less than 2 months to arrive from the time we submitted online. It would appear it took approx 35 days to the time the letter was issued.

Wow
Congratulations Avacon, great news . Enjoy the Christmas period and good luck with all of the forms and the next phase.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Wow!!! 14th January is very soon , I really hope you enjoy Christmas and the New Year where you are and look forward to your big move . I see you are flying into Toronto. I really hope that this works out good for you, it should be easier than hauling all of your luggage through customs for a second time as Im sure it will be enough once on leaving your Country. Good luck
Hi violets,

We were earlier planning for anywhere between 26th dec & 8 jan. but tickets were off the roof.....crossing $6000 for 2 of us. Just a week after that the ticket pricing became 1/3rd.. so booked on 14th late night now.
We are almost packed up, & really hope that big move turns beneficial.

Toronto after yours & Proreos sharing on this thread, & discussions with our US Immigration "experienced" family members....we couldn't take a chance.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello All

Wow
Wow Congratulations Avacon. That's a

& I was saying "lightening fast" for NostalgiaLava's loa timeline.

Now better to send in your docs ASAP & ensure that they are at CIC before any program chances are announced for 2013.

Last edited by lovely_clouds; Dec 18th 2012 at 7:22 pm. Reason: .
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fols
Hey people,

I havent been here for months,been too busy with work,anyway,i have just poped in to say congratulations to everyone who had waited patiently and seen progress in their applications,the likes of Lovely clouds,Dammy,Conmar,Froid,Htar,Nostagialava to mention a few.I wish you guys success in the remaining process.For those of us still waiting,hang on there,there is always light at the end of the tunnel,isnt it?

I am actually waiting for the 2013 application to commence,fingers crossed
Hello fols.
It feels good to see such a lot of motivation in you to just hang on there for so long. The whole process is so stressing, but There surely is light at the end of tunnel.

I hope you have processed through the IELTS requirement. It would be good to have IELTS ready when applying under Strategic Initiative 2013.

Praying for the best for 2013.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Travel: You are right, we filed our applications just the same time. Which visa office is yours?, know Conmar is Paris and mine is Accra.

Cheers.
Hmmm this will be interesting to watch Paris vs Accra vs New Delhi CHC.

Hopefully, your applications should get forwarded to your respective CHCs by Jan - mid.

Only trouble will then be the Students visa applications which flood CHCs around that time.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Hello, Travel: You are right, we filed our applications just the same time. Which visa office is yours?, know Conmar is Paris and mine is Accra.

Cheers.
My visa office is New Delhi, let's hope they process our applications before the festivities start for Christmas and New Year.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travel
My visa office is New Delhi, let's hope they process our applications before the festivities start for Christmas and New Year.
Yes it is New Delhi. Lovely_clouds confirmed that. I pray too that it get processed and transferred to our visa office before the most likely overwhelming Federal Skilled applications flood CIC Nova Scotia in January 2013.

Cheers
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hmmm this will be interesting to watch Paris vs Accra vs New Delhi CHC.

Hopefully, your applications should get forwarded to your respective CHCs by Jan - mid.

Only trouble will then be the Students visa applications which flood CHCs around that time.

It will be an interesting movie to watch and see who breast the tape first in terms of passport request/COPR courtesy of his Visa office (Paris/Accra/New Delhi)

Lovely_cloud since you will be in Winnipeg in January 2013, you can watch the movie on Shaw Cable and MTS TV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.