Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Dammy
My credit card got charged today. Seems all Canadian Immigration officers are on full steam ahead.
Congrats on your CC being charged. Indication that your application is complete and moving on to your VO. Not too long to go before your MR.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Congrats on your CC being charged. Indication that your application is complete and moving on to your VO. Not too long to go before your MR.
Thanks Jaysuper. Hope so too.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hi everyone, I'm here to share the good news. I got my medical request today. Yeahhhhhh
Brilliant news New_Start . I hope they go well for you
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Reindeer

@ Violets are blue: congratulations are in order :drink wine: U finally crossed the finish line. Best of luck wit yr transition to yr new home.
Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hi @violets,

April/May should be a good summer season to start Canadian residency.

& thanks..... you reminded me of car insurance history. Forgot to arrange that completely. Let me get started on it immediately.
My credit card got charged today. Seems all Canadian Immigration officers are on full steam ahead.
Reindeer - Thanks so much, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly also

Dammy - congratulations, its all moving along nicely, great news

Lovely_clouds, dont forget you need the information from each company you were insured with over the years. You may have been with the same company and that would be easier for sure. If you look on the drivers licensing swop section of Manitoba Gov site, it has a section stating that you can get a letter or have Autopac agent request this information through a form. Remember you have to get it from each insurance company before you can get full discount.

Not long to go for you, are you getting nervous yet or have you everything sorted for when you land?? Very best of luck and please keep posting and let us all know how it is, typing will keep your fingers warm

Some information from the website:
New to or Leaving Manitoba > Arriving

If you are new to Manitoba, you should follow the steps listed below if you wish to register and insure vehicles in Manitoba.

1. Get a claim history letter from your previous insurer or ask your Autopac agent for a claim experience form--called a 'New Manitoba Residents Form'--that you can send to your previous insurer.

2. Get your Manitoba driver's licence before buying your Autopac insurance or you can't qualify for a premium discount. You must get a Manitoba driver’s licence within three months of moving to Manitoba. Of course, if your driver’s licence from the place you left is about to expire, you must get a Manitoba licence right away. You need a valid driver’s licence to drive in Manitoba.

Check to see how your driving record can affect your premium.

Remember, if you don't have a valid Manitoba driver's licence when you register your vehicle, you won't qualify for an Autopac premium discount

The new Manitobas residence form is at:
http://www.mpi.mb.ca/PDFs/UB44.pdf
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

I hate to say it but MPI will be your biggest pain. They always seem to manage to mess something up. First struggle will be that you need 2 proofs of MB residence. Hence make sure both names are on a rent agreement, both on the bank account or utility bills and so forth as they count towards proof.

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Reindeer - Thanks so much, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly also

Dammy - congratulations, its all moving along nicely, great news

Lovely_clouds, dont forget you need the information from each company you were insured with over the years. You may have been with the same company and that would be easier for sure. If you look on the drivers licensing swop section of Manitoba Gov site, it has a section stating that you can get a letter or have Autopac agent request this information through a form. Remember you have to get it from each insurance company before you can get full discount.

Not long to go for you, are you getting nervous yet or have you everything sorted for when you land?? Very best of luck and please keep posting and let us all know how it is, typing will keep your fingers warm

Some information from the website:
New to or Leaving Manitoba > Arriving

If you are new to Manitoba, you should follow the steps listed below if you wish to register and insure vehicles in Manitoba.

1. Get a claim history letter from your previous insurer or ask your Autopac agent for a claim experience form--called a 'New Manitoba Residents Form'--that you can send to your previous insurer.

2. Get your Manitoba driver's licence before buying your Autopac insurance or you can't qualify for a premium discount. You must get a Manitoba driver’s licence within three months of moving to Manitoba. Of course, if your driver’s licence from the place you left is about to expire, you must get a Manitoba licence right away. You need a valid driver’s licence to drive in Manitoba.

Check to see how your driving record can affect your premium.

Remember, if you don't have a valid Manitoba driver's licence when you register your vehicle, you won't qualify for an Autopac premium discount

The new Manitobas residence form is at:
http://www.mpi.mb.ca/PDFs/UB44.pdf
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:58 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manitobain
I hate to say it but MPI will be your biggest pain. They always seem to manage to mess something up. First struggle will be that you need 2 proofs of MB residence. Hence make sure both names are on a rent agreement, both on the bank account or utility bills and so forth as they count towards proof.
What if you have a letter from your previous UK insurer that states you have 10 years no claims? The 10 years has been with several insurance companies, but they all issued a no claims letter every time you changed insurance companies, meaning your next insurance company only needs a letter from the previous. Surely a statement of no claims letter from your current UK insurance provider before you land, stating that you have built up 10 years no claims would suffice?

Happy New year

Andrew
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Great News Dammy, Congratulations. In-fact this is the first time we seem to be waiting for a charge to happen on our cerdit cards . Best of luck for your medicals now. Hopefully you should be there by summer. It is lovely weather that time. I was there for my EV in June and it was so pleasant.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Hi Manitobain,

Good to know that you can get discount by showing your previous insurance history. However do we need to show the history for full 10 years. Altohugh I have a claim free motor insurance for last 11 years, but I can only trace the insurance policies for the last 6 years. Will that enable me to get discount based on the last 6 years record?

Also for the benefit of everything. I checked up the MPI site and there is a discount calculator that lets you see how much discount would be available based on your history.

In this calculator the maximum you can go up to is 33%. However after 7 years the discount is same till year 9. From 10th year onwards there is 1% increment per year till 15 years.

Similarly for 6 years claim free history the discount is 20% and for 5 years it is 15%.

So I guess the discount quickly climbs up till year 7 after which it tapers off. I guess if someone has a 7 year claim free history then he could ideally get 25% discount and be happy.

Have a look at http://www.mpi.mb.ca/DSR/DriverSafetyRating_DSR.html for full details.

Last edited by travel; Jan 8th 2013 at 10:51 am.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I'm here to share the good news. I got my medical request today. Yeahhhhhh
Cheers New_Start, what a way to start the New Year. Congratulations and best of luck for your Medicals. I am sure you would be there soon.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:49 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Congrats new-start, what is your Visa Office location?

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:53 am
Andrew

Congrats Dammy, wishing you all the best for the rest of the process. I am hoping to see a charge on my credit card next week sometime?

You know that you can pay your RPRF online now, so no need to send a bankers draft to CIC and wait 5 weeks for them to cash it. I paid my yesterday and was sent an email receipt, hoping to cut down the processing time.

Good luck

Andrew
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

don't count on it too much. Every MPI office seem to handle it differently...
and by the way, as I just experienced, if you do have a claim you drop 5-8 years down that ladder, which you climbed up so slowly over so many years...ok, so this is the one office, that ticks me off..grrr.

I can't tell you if they take 10 years history or just 5, as I said before, everyone seems to see it differently. I have had clients just breezing through getting their drivers license exchanged and when the partner then goes, the documents are all of a sudden not good enough...even though they are the same (proofing MB residence).

Originally Posted by travel
Hi Manitobain,

Good to know that you can get discount by showing your previous insurance history. However do we need to show the history for full 10 years. Altohugh I have a claim free motor insurance for last 11 years, but I can only trace the insurance policies for the last 6 years. Will that enable me to get discount based on the last 6 years record?

Also for the benefit of everything. I checked up the MPI site and there is a discount calculator that lets you see how much discount would be available based on your history.

In this calculator the maximum you can go up to is 33%. However after 7 years the discount is same till year 9. From 10th year onwards there is 1% increment per year till 15 years.

Similarly for 6 years claim free history the discount is 20% and for 5 years it is 15%.

So I guess the discount quickly climbs up till year 7 after which it tapers off. I guess if someone has a 7 year claim free history then he could ideally get 25% discount and be happy.

Have a look at http://www.mpi.mb.ca/DSR/DriverSafetyRating_DSR.html for full details.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

don't count on it too much. Every MPI office seem to handle it differently...
and by the way, as I just experienced, if you do have a claim you drop 5-8 years down that ladder, which you climbed up so slowly over so many years...ok, so this is the one office, that ticks me off..grrr.

I can't tell you if they take 10 years history or just 5, as I said before, everyone seems to see it differently. I have had clients just breezing through getting their drivers license exchanged and when the partner then goes, the documents are all of a sudden not good enough...even though they are the same (proofing MB residence).
Thanks for your prompt reply. Guess it is going to be hard to nail this one down. Sure seems like a scary department to visit , but i guess it is one place you cannot avoid.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wanted to share a good news with you all. My credit card just got swiped . I am pretty excited and relieved all at the same moment. So I guess after Dammy I am in line now.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:13 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by travel
Wanted to share a good news with you all. My credit card just got swiped . I am pretty excited and relieved all at the same moment. So I guess after Dammy I am in line now.
Congratulations Travel, big weight off, now for more waiting. Good luck.

Regards

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.