International Experience Canada

Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:04 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by billyphatu
It's obviously quite a subjective thing, branch-to-branch.
And there-in lies the problem. I just went into a local Barclays a few minutes ago and the cowbag in there was having none of it and when I offered to show her the rest of the form and the FAQ she just snapped back "I don't want to see it".

I give it up to be honest, I left there absolutely devestated, frustrated and nearly in tears and it's just not worth it.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read somewhere above that the Visa application has to be filled in on a computer?

Some of my form wont allow me to type
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh walked into Nationwide and they looked at me blankly. She said it might have to be sent off. Then vanished out back. Came back and filled it in, signed it and stamped it. Good times
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I give it up to be honest, I left there absolutely devestated, frustrated and nearly in tears and it's just not worth it.
Sounds like a right cowbag. Don't give up though. Have you tried speaking to Barclays over the phone, or even to their head office?? Try again and tell them how upset and annoyed you are considering the ease with which other people have had their form signed...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:14 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billyphatu
Sounds like a right cowbag. Don't give up though. Have you tried speaking to Barclays over the phone, or even to their head office?? Try again and tell them how upset and annoyed you are considering the ease with which other people have had their form signed...
I can try mate but I think they will just feedback the usual bullshit to me, especially since I think I will probably sound quite upset by now.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:21 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by DisasterPiece
I just managed to get my bank (Natwest) to sign the proof of funds and they stamped it... twice.
How did you manage that?

The fools in there gave me a 'non-standard service request form' and told me complete it and send it off but I've just realised that they were supposed to complete parts of it themselves and haven't and also they didn't give me an address to send it to.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you manage that?

The fools in there gave me a 'non-standard service request form' and told me complete it and send it off but I've just realised that they were supposed to complete parts of it themselves and haven't and also they didn't give me an address to send it to.

I walked in and spoke to the help desk people who sat me down and let me talk to someone else, i metioned i rang them up (which i didnt) and they said it would be fine. I also took my application pack, just the 6 page one and i explained that all it is that its a confirmation of what i have in my account and the alternative is to have a signed statement. She went out back and spoke to the manager, who spoke to someone else (head office maybe) on the phone, it was fairly quiet in there so i could here parts of it and i think they checked out the IEC site. After about 20mins she came through and it was already stamped in the address box, she filled it in and stamped it with a different stamp by the bank seal.

I think you just have to stress what it is for, she did mention that a lot of banks are cutting down on signing documents. Remember to smile as well, it always helps.

oh and i think i said something along the lines of 'its just an initial proof of funds document to confirm to the canadians i'm capable of having this much money, the real proof is needed at border crossing'

Hope that helps
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:28 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I walked in and spoke to the help desk people who sat me down and let me talk to someone else, i metioned i rang them up (which i didnt) and they said it would be fine. I also took my application pack, just the 6 page one and i explained that all it is that its a confirmation of what i have in my account and the alternative is to have a signed statement. She went out back and spoke to the manager, who spoke to someone else (head office maybe) on the phone, it was fairly quiet in there so i could here parts of it and i think they checked out the IEC site. After about 20mins she came through and it was already stamped in the address box, she filled it in and stamped it with a different stamp by the bank seal.

I think you just have to stress what it is for, she did mention that a lot of banks are cutting down on signing documents. Remember to smile as well, it always helps.

oh and i think i said something along the lines of 'its just an initial proof of funds document to confirm to the canadians i'm capable of having this much money, the real proof is needed at border crossing'

Hope that helps
Tried it, even after a quiet chat in the manager's office, all they would give me is a statement on letterheaded paper and a covering letter, unstamped and unsigned.

Not to sound harsh but this is ****ing rediculous.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried it, even after a quiet chat in the manager's office, all they would give me is a statement on letterheaded paper and a covering letter, unstamped and unsigned.

Even at Natwest? Most people seemed to have success, its my acpo certificate i'm waiting for now, still no email saying they have it
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:23 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

I've got the same thing from my Canadian credit union.

Firstly, stop stressing, you'll give yourself a heart attack! (I know its a serious matter, but I've come to the conclusion that we are all overthinking this matter).

After getting quite flustered yesterday about this, and sending the PDF of the application over to my branch manager, they refused to sign the form included, but however, the application pack does not say that only the application pack form will suffice.

(1) “Proof of Funds – Candidate” form included in the application kit, or a bank document incorporating the information on the Proof of Funds form, signed, dated and stamped by your bank.
Once he read it more than me, we both came to the conclusion that a covering letter, statement, both signed, addressed, and double stamped by the bank would be more than enough- plus that way they got to word it exactally as they wished, whilst still ticking all the boxes given by the embassy. So if you can get a cover letter, putting the bank statement's information in laymans terms, you'll be fine right?

I'm sure you'll be fine DG! (And if you aren't, I'll come cry with you, as I'm in the same boat! )
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:33 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Even at Natwest? Most people seemed to have success, its my acpo certificate i'm waiting for now, still no email saying they have it
Admittedly I have only tried one branch.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Nic_Van is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to repeat myself again, I'm very confused. I'm living in Canada, but permanent address is in England - people in the same boat: have you put your mailing address as Canada and residential as UK or vice versa?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic_Van
Sorry to repeat myself again, I'm very confused. I'm living in Canada, but permanent address is in England - people in the same boat: have you put your mailing address as Canada and residential as UK or vice versa?
I have put my Canadian address, as technically i am currently living in Canada. on the police certificate it has all your UK address details and that's part of how they will confirm your address back in the uk.

I think putting the Canadian details down makes the most sense, otherwise they may see if that you are not disclosing the fact you are currently on the Bunac visa and living in Canada.

on this topic actually, it has the 'current mailing address' and 'residential address if it differs from current mailing' on the IEC application, I just put my Canadian address as my current mailing address and left the residential one blank, what did everyone else do? (thats currently on the bunac WHV i mean)
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:16 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
I have put my Canadian address, as technically i am currently living in Canada. on the police certificate it has all your UK address details and that's part of how they will confirm your address back in the uk.

I think putting the Canadian details down makes the most sense, otherwise they may see if that you are not disclosing the fact you are currently on the Bunac visa and living in Canada.

on this topic actually, it has the 'current mailing address' and 'residential address if it differs from current mailing' on the IEC application, I just put my Canadian address as my current mailing address and left the residential one blank, what did everyone else do? (thats currently on the bunac WHV i mean)
Yup, I left it blank, it only said to add the second if they were different. My mailing address and residential address are both in Canada at the moment.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Yup, I left it blank, it only said to add the second if they were different. My mailing address and residential address are both in Canada at the moment.
same here.

and in regards to the bank stuff, I just walked into my RBC and they stamped, addressed and signed the form with no issues what so ever, they couldnt have been nicer about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.