Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Yeah Pinery is where we camped - I've been twice and honestly had the best time there. The sunset is beautiful and waves are so much fun to play in (child at heart).

Only thing is when I went with my family my dad got an ear infection we think from the lake water... haha.. so just watch out for that
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by .c.s.o.
I highly recommend camping at The Pinery Provincial Park by Grand Bend for camping on Lake Huron. It's got one of the longest and nicest beaches I've seen. Also for beautiful scenery, go north. Huntsville is a spectacular place and once you are there you might as well go to Algonquin Park. The further north you go the better Ontario seems to get. I just spent the weekend north of North Bay at a cottage on a lake and I didn't want to leave.
Awesome - thanks for the tips! I've written them all down. My GF is really outdoorsy (strange that for a Canadian ) and has been whinging about Toronto recently so I think I'll surprise her with a trip away to this Grand Bend place. Next stop Can Tire for a tent!
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:48 am
Just Joined

akwinf is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Lake Huron, I only live a 45 min drive from Kincardine and its slightly longer to Port Elgin. We regularly take the kids to the beach for the afternoon, no better way to beat the 35 degree heat than swimming in the lake.

Getting more nervous about my medical. On my request letter it had a warning about the medical being done outside the UK, saying that I should email them immediately if this was happening. I did (but haven't received a reply saying they've noted that information), but am paranoid that its all going to go wrong and they'll refuse my application for not having the medical done within the 30 day period. Which is another thing I'm paranoid about - how do they judge that 30 day period? It says from the date the letter was received, which was 9 days after they sent it. I'm probably just over analysing things and getting myself worked up but its a pretty nerve wracking time.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Emeralds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ggreenwo
Hey,
Just wondering when were you sent to the second phase CIC???

Thanks
Gemma
Hi

Sent to CIC on 21st June, so I guess for me it was one month between CIC and LOI.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all, couple of questions

1) can I apply once I am 30?
2) Anyone know when the cap for UK people will be lifted, to apply again?

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nudda
Hey all, couple of questions

1) can I apply once I am 30?
2) Anyone know when the cap for UK people will be lifted, to apply again?

Thanks
1) No.
2) Dec 2012/ Jan 2013
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottyxx
1) No.
2) Dec 2012/ Jan 2013
Yes you can apply when you are 30. As long as your application is in before your 31st birthday.

The 2012 applications opened late December and the 2011 applications opened mid January but no one knows for certain.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

age26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone used ACE travel insurance before/had to make a claim? Were they any good?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any experience of sending a box out to Canada of clothing using a courier such as UPS?

I am wanting to send my ski clothes out as they will eat into my baggage allowance for the plane too greatly to pack in my suitcase

I am concerned out being charged taxes of some kind - GST/HST.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Joe_Potato99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advise in aquiring the IEC working holiday visa.

I'm 22, just got a degree and I'm dying to try and get into Canada.

So far I have gathered that I just need to fill in the forms on this link and follow these instructions: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...px?view=d#Set1

Couple of questions:

- Do I need to register online at all?

- I take it I have to wait for an acceptance date to be released before I can send the forms, which is December or Janurary?

I'm really determined to get my application through early and without a hitch, does anyone have any tips or advice that may help?

Any help is greatley appreciated.
Cheers,
Joe
Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone in, or been to Ottawa??

Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Joe_Potato99
Hi,

I'm after a bit of advise in aquiring the IEC working holiday visa.

I'm 22, just got a degree and I'm dying to try and get into Canada.

So far I have gathered that I just need to fill in the forms on this link and follow these instructions: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...px?view=d#Set1

Couple of questions:

- Do I need to register online at all?

- I take it I have to wait for an acceptance date to be released before I can send the forms, which is December or Janurary?

I'm really determined to get my application through early and without a hitch, does anyone have any tips or advice that may help?

Any help is greatley appreciated.
Cheers,
Joe
Hi dude.

Have gone through the IEC process twice so I can give you a bit of advice. Firstly, get your UK police certificate in good time. Apply for that around early November so you have it ready to go for Dec/Jan - whenever the process is opened.

They usually have an option to register your email address in order to be notified when the programme opens. I did that this year and never heard before it opened though, and this is optional - not a requirement.

My advice is wait until the programme opens before completing the forms because it is possible the documents and process could change, as they did between the 2011 and 2012 scheme in various ways.

Finally, make sure your CV work and study dates match the ones you use in the work history section, and expect a stressful few weeks/months if this year is anything to go by! The key is that if you make a mistake or fill the forms in incorrectly, they will not allow you to correct the errors. You would need to resubmit your entire application and lose your place in the queue. (there were a few exceptions to this at the very end of the programme but those ppl were very lucky!).

Good luck with it - the challenges are worth it!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UK_Claire
Anyone in, or been to Ottawa??

Yeah I've been to Ottawa. Anything in particular you wanted to know?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

UK_Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markstimson
Yeah I've been to Ottawa. Anything in particular you wanted to know?
I've have a potential job offer up there and considering the move. Is it a nice place, worth the move?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Joe_Potato99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markstimson
Hi dude.

Have gone through the IEC process twice so I can give you a bit of advice. Firstly, get your UK police certificate in good time. Apply for that around early November so you have it ready to go for Dec/Jan - whenever the process is opened.

They usually have an option to register your email address in order to be notified when the programme opens. I did that this year and never heard before it opened though, and this is optional - not a requirement.

My advice is wait until the programme opens before completing the forms because it is possible the documents and process could change, as they did between the 2011 and 2012 scheme in various ways.

Finally, make sure your CV work and study dates match the ones you use in the work history section, and expect a stressful few weeks/months if this year is anything to go by! The key is that if you make a mistake or fill the forms in incorrectly, they will not allow you to correct the errors. You would need to resubmit your entire application and lose your place in the queue. (there were a few exceptions to this at the very end of the programme but those ppl were very lucky!).

Good luck with it - the challenges are worth it!

Awesome, cheers for that mate that's a big help.

Also, I was thinking about doing it through STA Travel as I've seen they do an IEC package which helps you with initial employment and accommodation. Would doing it through a company like this reduce your chances a bit compared to doing it straight through IEC?

Thanks
Joe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.