Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 28th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

gemma87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Kate113
Hi guys, this is my first post but i wanted to say thanks to everyone as this thread has been a life saver over the last few months answering so many questions!

I finally got my request for payment today and was so relieved to be one step closer but now i have a new problem! I have been asked to send 105 euros instead of the £90 previous emails seemed to ask for. I know someone else has posted about this too but I really don't know what to do as the letter says that this is the only amount that will be accepted, but everyone else has sent £90. On the IEC website here it says it's about £90 but depends on exchange rate!http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d

I've just converted it and 150 canadian dollars is now more than £90. I'm so worried about being rejected for underpaying! Do you think i could pay £100 just to make sure or can you get rejected for paying the wrong amount even if it's too much? Any help would really be appreciated!
Hi Kate, I got my payment request today too, so happy! Mine also said €105 and I went to pay online and decide that I'm just going to pay what they've asked. However Natwest are having issues with their international payments so I have to go into a branch tomorrow to do my payment, I'll let you know what I do tomorrow
Old May 28th 2012, 9:16 am
Just Joined

bravecaptain is an unknown quantity at this point

For anybody who has had to get their LOI re-sent to them for whatever reason, what e-mail address did you use to get it sorted?
Old May 28th 2012, 9:35 am
Just Joined

meatballsub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, this is my first post but i wanted to say thanks to everyone as this thread has been a life saver over the last few months answering so many questions!

I finally got my request for payment today and was so relieved to be one step closer but now i have a new problem! I have been asked to send 105 euros instead of the £90 previous emails seemed to ask for. I know someone else has posted about this too but I really don't know what to do as the letter says that this is the only amount that will be accepted, but everyone else has sent £90. On the IEC website here it says it's about £90 but depends on exchange rate!http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d

I've just converted it and 150 canadian dollars is now more than £90. I'm so worried about being rejected for underpaying! Do you think i could pay £100 just to make sure or can you get rejected for paying the wrong amount even if it's too much? Any help would really be appreciated!
I'm in the same boat - they asked me for 105 euro today and I was expecting to pay in £ - however all the Brits here have said they got asked to pay £90, which is roughly 107 euro anyway - i'm going to transfer £90 since you can't possibly get in trouble for overpaying!

I will go to the bank tomorrow and ask if I can pay in euros, just to be safe
Old May 28th 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify when a spot is reserved for you -

You have a spot reserved for you, after you have passed IEC evaluation - once you receive the payment request letter (letter code 15)..

Taken from the IEC Canada Facebook page!!!
Old May 28th 2012, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

tapemeasures is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meatballsub
I'm in the same boat - they asked me for 105 euro today and I was expecting to pay in £ - however all the Brits here have said they got asked to pay £90, which is roughly 107 euro anyway - i'm going to transfer £90 since you can't possibly get in trouble for overpaying!

Hi guys,

I got my payment request today! Have avoided the forums/FB group and checking the quota for a while because it was worrying the hell out of me. I was really disheartened when I saw the announcement today, then a few hours later I received the email. So relieved.

Any I digress - I've also been asked to send 105 Euros? Weird. Can you let me know what you decide to do? Like you mentioned, I have no problem sending an over payment but am worried they'll even be picky about that. There is no room at all for error now so would appreciate any advice.

thanks
Old May 28th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Kate113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gemma87
Hi Kate, I got my payment request today too, so happy! Mine also said €105 and I went to pay online and decide that I'm just going to pay what they've asked. However Natwest are having issues with their international payments so I have to go into a branch tomorrow to do my payment, I'll let you know what I do tomorrow
Originally Posted by meatballsub

Hey, good news! I just posted this on the facebook group and got a reply straight away!

Hi there, thanks IEC UK-Ireland for all your replies! I received my payment request today but i'm from the UK and the amount requested was 105 euros instead of the £90 as indicated on your website and paid by everyone up until this weekend. I know other people have had the same thing happen since friday - is this an error on this batch of letters?

Iec UK-IRELAND Yes a very small number of letters were sent out to GB applicants only.. Requesting payment of 105 euros.. for those specific applicants who received that letter, they can pay either 105 euros or 90 pounds..

Panic over
Old May 28th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant...that's good for you all.

LOI's get sent out soon. Who will it be? Post on here who gets their LOI's :-)
Old May 28th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, good news! I just posted this on the facebook group and got a reply straight away!

Hi there, thanks IEC UK-Ireland for all your replies! I received my payment request today but i'm from the UK and the amount requested was 105 euros instead of the £90 as indicated on your website and paid by everyone up until this weekend. I know other people have had the same thing happen since friday - is this an error on this batch of letters?

Iec UK-IRELAND Yes a very small number of letters were sent out to GB applicants only.. Requesting payment of 105 euros.. for those specific applicants who received that letter, they can pay either 105 euros or 90 pounds..

Panic over
Perfect, thanks for this! Are you going into your bank? I'd prefer to send it online but am worried I won't get the paperwork I need - the email states they need the scanned receipt of payment but I can't imagine using online banking would provide this. Then again, how many people actually have access to a scanner?! I know I don't!
Old May 28th 2012, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by af1987
Thanks alot man, eh I'll risk it without a receipt. Sending the moneyz off now. Cheers.
Hi there!

Just wondering what your result was with this - did you use online banking in the end? I'm so concerned with doing everything they've asked for so might go into the branch and then find some way of scanning the receipt.

Thanks
- Bev
Old May 28th 2012, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

nutfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

So worried they are looking at my application at ways to reject me... Anybody heard of any application being rejected at the final stage? I have a clean criminal record and currently in Canada with a few months left and I don't know what else to say.

Been passed on to the CIC on the 9th so that's nearly 3 weeks ago while other applications have been evaluated by the IEC in 10-14 days
Old May 28th 2012, 1:23 pm

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nutfreak
So worried they are looking at my application at ways to reject me... Anybody heard of any application being rejected at the final stage? I have a clean criminal record and currently in Canada with a few months left and I don't know what else to say.

Been passed on to the CIC on the 9th so that's nearly 3 weeks ago while other applications have been evaluated by the IEC in 10-14 days
A few months left ? Consider yourself lucky
Old May 28th 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nutfreak

My fiance's was passed to CIC on the 15th and I was really hoping we'd be in the 10-14 days stream but 10 has come and gone and it looks like a lot of people who were passed on the 9th and 10th are still waiting.

Does anyone know of rejection reasons at the CIC stage?
Old May 28th 2012, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Coledeschanel is an unknown quantity at this point

Another batch of LOI's went out this morning. My girlfriend and her friend received theirs at 1am. They paid back at the end of April but they changed their mind about opting for a visa that requires a medical.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Shesdressingup is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have the link to the IEC facebook page? It sounds useful if they are actually answering questions (since emails are hardly ever replied to )!

Last edited by Shesdressingup; May 28th 2012 at 8:23 pm.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Adminphobe is an unknown quantity at this point

has anyone who paid on the 25th May 2012 and immediately received the letter requesting further proof of payment actually received formal confirmation that payment has been received and moved to the next stage.

Gradually going crazy here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.