Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Application been called for interview.

Inland Application been called for interview.

Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inland Application been called for interview.

So I received this letter around my application that has been in since November 2013.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview

that has been scheduled for:

DATE: X

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:
 All of your dependents if they are included in this application
 Your own interpreter, if required
 Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class.
(NOTE: your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address)
 If you have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, $490 is required.

(NOTE: Convention refugees (CR) and their dependants are exempted from paying this fee.)The following payment options are available:
o Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Debit Card (we do not accept pre-paid credit cards) Online payment at Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada (only if completed 72 hours before your scheduled appointment)

 2 Photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix forspecifications

When you become a permanent resident, you must have your Social Insurance Number changed to reflect your new
status. For your convenience, Service Canada representatives may be at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new
Social Insurance Number, provided you meet the proof-of-identity requirements. Please bring your current Social
Insurance Number card that begins with a "9" with you.
So this seems straight forward and pretty routine....my only slight reason for freaking out somewhat is that everyone I know who has been through this has simply received a letter and then gone to border to flag their Permanent Residence.

Anyone got any ideas what can I expect? Reasons for interview, reasons to stop freaking out!

EDIT:

To add further intigue my application status on CIC website says Decision Made.

Last edited by adamducker; Aug 17th 2015 at 8:23 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland Application been called for interview.

It's more than likely because you applied "Inland" - I had a letter in a similar form as well. Perhaps the others you have heard of were 'outland' applications?

You can get info on what to expect on my post here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11720774

Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's more than likely because you applied "Inland" - I had a letter in a similar form as well. Perhaps the others you have heard of were 'outland' applications?

You can get info on what to expect on my post here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11720774

Ok brilliant thank you so much that has reassured me for certain, so it sounds very routine and just a final check. So am I right in assuming there will be no driving to the border to flagpole for me?
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamducker

Ok brilliant thank you so much that has reassured me for certain, so it sounds very routine and just a final check. So am I right in assuming there will be no driving to the border to flagpole for me?
Never assume anything with CIC
Once the interview has been finalized I suspect CIC will issue the COPR forms some time after the interview and then you have the choice of going to the border or arranging the landing at the nearest CIC office.
There again I could be wrong and that Cic could do the landing at this interview but somehow I don't believe that will happen as the letter says finalization of application.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Never assume anything with CIC
Once the interview has been finalized I suspect CIC will issue the COPR forms some time after the interview and then you have the choice of going to the border or arranging the landing at the nearest CIC office.
There again I could be wrong and that Cic could do the landing at this interview but somehow I don't believe that will happen as the letter says finalization of application.
Hmmm yeah browsing around the internet I've read different things. Some say they are given the COPR there and then as long as all the fees are paid. Also it does refer to the interview as a Landing Interview.

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
Who knows guess will find out in 2 weeks! Wife seems to think we are done and dusted whereas I'm obviously the neurotic one worrying about every little detail.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...ng=en&app=ecas

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Let us know how it goes!

Old Sep 4th 2015, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...ng=en&app=ecas

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Let us know how it goes!

Well I went and I'm officially a PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!! It was basically an interview to double check we were who we said we are. Reconfirm I have committed no crimes and never been refused entry, then signed the confirmation papers, handed over photos for PR card and then went to another stand to get my SIN card changed over to a permanent one.

DONE! PHEW! So that's application sent inland in November 2013 finally processed!
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased to read your update!

S
Old Sep 5th 2015, 4:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by adamducker
Well I went and I'm officially a PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!! It was basically an interview to double check we were who we said we are. Reconfirm I have committed no crimes and never been refused entry, then signed the confirmation papers, handed over photos for PR card and then went to another stand to get my SIN card changed over to a permanent one.

DONE! PHEW! So that's application sent inland in November 2013 finally processed!

Congratulations - and Welcome to Canada!!!

Attached Thumbnails Inland Application been called for interview.-welcome_to_canada.jpg  
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:49 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats mate. When you say that your Application was sent in November 2013, are you referring to your PR application starting then or did you start with something like a PNP?
Mike
Old Sep 6th 2015, 11:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by desire68
Congrats mate. When you say that your Application was sent in November 2013, are you referring to your PR application starting then or did you start with something like a PNP?
Mike
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11263873
Old Sep 29th 2015, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for replying on my behalf!