Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Withdrawing application for inland and applying outland

Withdrawing application for inland and applying outland

Old May 16th 2014, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Withdrawing application for inland and applying outland

So I applied in November for PR through the spouse, common law partner within Canada.

I'm currently in my second year of an IEC...which expires on 10th August.

I've noticed that they are only up to applications submitted in July so I'm never going to make it!

Processing times for assessment of sponsor for outland are only 44 days....does this mean I should apply through here? After that could I technically get a work permit like you can with outland?

I'm super stressed...didn't realise this first stage would take so so so long just to get the assessment which I understand is when I would be eligible for an OWP?

What are my options, I literally can't afford to stop working, house payments to make, phone, car....it's like if I stop working I will jeopardize my financial security but obviously can't be an illegal!
Old May 17th 2014, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdrawing application for inland and applying outland

If you apply outland then you can't get a work permit during the process. You can only start working once you receive your PR. The process is much quicker overall than inland though. Stage 1 for inland can be longer than the entire process outland. My PR app took exactly 6 months from start to finish outland.

You will be able to stay in Canada during your outland process, but won't be able to continue working after August 10th, unless you can get an LMO or another permit via a different avenue.
Old May 17th 2014, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
If you apply outland then you can't get a work permit during the process. You can only start working once you receive your PR. The process is much quicker overall than inland though. Stage 1 for inland can be longer than the entire process outland. My PR app took exactly 6 months from start to finish outland.

You will be able to stay in Canada during your outland process, but won't be able to continue working after August 10th, unless you can get an LMO or another permit via a different avenue.
Ok thanks what other avenue's are there that could be completed within this timeframe May-August? (that's if you know)

LMO is relatively quick no? I currently work in Autism Support.
Old May 17th 2014, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamducker
Ok thanks what other avenue's are there that could be completed within this timeframe May-August? (that's if you know)

LMO is relatively quick no? I currently work in Autism Support.
I believe that LMO's take around 3 months to process (don't quote me on that though!). But your employer would have to apply for it, after advertising your position for a certain amount of time and showing that there are no Canadians that can fill the position.

I don't know of any other quick fire ways, not sure there are any.. otherwise everyone would be doing it!!

It currently says 10 months for stage 1 processing inland. So that wouldn't be too long after your work permit expires. Would your employer keep your position open for you if you did have to stop working?
Old May 17th 2014, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

I believe that LMO's take around 3 months to process (don't quote me on that though!). But your employer would have to apply for it, after advertising your position for a certain amount of time and showing that there are no Canadians that can fill the position.

I don't know of any other quick fire ways, not sure there are any.. otherwise everyone would be doing it!!

It currently says 10 months for stage 1 processing inland. So that wouldn't be too long after your work permit expires. Would your employer keep your position open for you if you did have to stop working?
Not really possible...I work in care so they would need someone to fill the position...

How recently does the role have to have been advertised? I recently applied for a new role that was advertised in the last month...if was to get that could it form part of LMO application?
Old May 17th 2014, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I am not entirely sure, I have never been through the LMO process. Should find your answers here though:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...s/hire-how.asp

I would guess that having it within the last month would be fine though.

It sucks as if you had applied outland rather than inland you could have been getting your PR any time around now
Old May 17th 2014, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

I am not entirely sure, I have never been through the LMO process. Should find your answers here though:

It sucks as if you had applied outland rather than inland you could have been getting your PR any time around now
Yeah that's the worse thing at the time of submitting I had no idea outland was so much faster.

I still feel there is a flaw in the system...I've been working here for close to two years paying taxes etc... and yet I can't get some kind of permit to stay in my current role whilst this is being processed. (i know bridging permits do exist for other work permit types) I mean I know others were interviewed for the role so that proves I was more qualified/interviewed better than Canadians, I guess at the end of the day I'm owed nothing.
Old May 17th 2014, 3:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The job has to be advertised nationwide for 4 weeks in at least 3 different advertising places including either jobbank.gc.ca or the Provincial equivalent.

The website below gives full details of the process (look under the 'advertising' tab).

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/forei...al/index.shtml

Old May 17th 2014, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The job has to be advertised nationwide for 4 weeks in at least 3 different advertising places including either jobbank.gc.ca or the Provincial equivalent.

The website below gives full details of the process (look under the 'advertising' tab).

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/forei...al/index.shtml

Ok thanks sounds like it's hard to actually get approved....

Sigh...I don't know what I'm going to do