IEC 2019

Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:18 am
Just Joined

brad9988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2019

Thanks, Siouxie!! The last link seems to confirm that as my application was finalised and I received my POE before 31 July 2018 that I should be fine on the biometrics issue. I may still just submit a case to be sure anyway as you suggest.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

peejay2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oops, misread your post - thought it said 2001, not 2010! But with a caution you shouldn't need rehab at all, it's not normally required.
Hi christmasoompa, are you sure about this? My understanding is that a caution is a criminal offence, hence requires rehabilitation if less than 10 years have lapsed. I am minded to not request criminal rehabilitation until I have been asked by the visa authorities to do so. Do you see any risks in that? Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peejay2
Hi christmasoompa, are you sure about this? My understanding is that a caution is a criminal offence, hence requires rehabilitation if less than 10 years have lapsed. I am minded to not request criminal rehabilitation until I have been asked by the visa authorities to do so. Do you see any risks in that? Thanks a lot!
Wait to see what IRCC say. If its a UK caution then normally IRCC don't consider it as a conviction therefore they dont find you inadmissible. Wait to see if you get the ITA then submit all relevant documents. If they need more info they will ask. You will only need to apply for rehab if they find you inadmissible.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

elle192021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have a POE letter that's due to expire soon. I plan on travelling to Canada to activate my IEC work permit before the POE letter's expiration but due to current circumstances I don't plan on staying and working for the full two years just yet.

I am wondering if:
  1. I can fly to Canada and stay for about a week to activate my IEC before the POE letter expires, and then fly back to the UK. When I am ready to work in Canada, I will fly back to Canada at a later date.
  2. If I am only staying for a week, do I still need the following:
  • Proof of funds ($2500 CAD), can this be printed via online banking or does the statement need to be printed direct from the branch?
  • Proof of travel health insurance (~2 years worth covering duration of entire IEC), and
  • (a ticket for my departure from Canada or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket).
Or will I be able to explain to the CBSA officer that I only plan on staying a week, and will work in Canada at a later date and:
  • Not have to show proof of funds?
  • Will one week's worth of travel insurance be sufficient?
  • Will my return ticket for one week be an issue (since it's not the duration of the IEC ~ 2 years)?
Thank you in advance and I appreciate all of your help.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elle192021
Hi all,

I have a POE letter that's due to expire soon. I plan on travelling to Canada to activate my IEC work permit before the POE letter's expiration but due to current circumstances I don't plan on staying and working for the full two years just yet.

I am wondering if:
  1. I can fly to Canada and stay for about a week to activate my IEC before the POE letter expires, and then fly back to the UK. When I am ready to work in Canada, I will fly back to Canada at a later date.
  2. If I am only staying for a week, do I still need the following:
  • Proof of funds ($2500 CAD), can this be printed via online banking or does the statement need to be printed direct from the branch?
  • Proof of travel health insurance (~2 years worth covering duration of entire IEC), and
  • (a ticket for my departure from Canada or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket).
Or will I be able to explain to the CBSA officer that I only plan on staying a week, and will work in Canada at a later date and:
  • Not have to show proof of funds?
  • Will one week's worth of travel insurance be sufficient?
  • Will my return ticket for one week be an issue (since it's not the duration of the IEC ~ 2 years)?
Thank you in advance and I appreciate all of your help.
Yes, you can do that, but you must meet the visa requirements when you activate it - so yes, you do need the proof of funds, and full travel insurance for the two years etc.

HTH, good luck.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

I gave my biometrics yesterday and am currently in the 'IEC Work permit assessment section'. Does anybody know what this procedure entails?

Best,

Alberto.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

msmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

My boyfriend applied for his IEC early november and was invited early january. Unfortunately the company he used gave him a deadline of 10 days to have all the fees paid and he wasn't able to do it, as it coincided with his rent and other bills, as well as him visiting me here in Canada.

What are the odds he'll be invited again? He's re-entered the pool but I've heard the chances are quite slim.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 1:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmm
Hello,

My boyfriend applied for his IEC early november and was invited early january. Unfortunately the company he used gave him a deadline of 10 days to have all the fees paid and he wasn't able to do it, as it coincided with his rent and other bills, as well as him visiting me here in Canada.

What are the odds he'll be invited again? He's re-entered the pool but I've heard the chances are quite slim.
I'm a little confused... when you say 'the company he used' do you mean Immigration and Citizenship Canada or are you saying he went through a 3rd party? IRCC would have given him 10 days to decide whether to accept the invitation or not - and then a further 20 days to complete the application and pay the $150 participation fee for it by credit card. Did he turn down the invite or just not meet the deadline for payment?

This is how the IEC process works.. (the text version is easier to read) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ss-glance.html

If he just failed to make the payment rather than turning the invite down he will have to apply again .. he may not be lucky enough to be invited again as the odds (according to the official website) are
Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round

Very low

As of February 8, 2019

Invitations issued to date: 7,482
Spots available: 0
Candidates in the pool: 1,775

Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada

Does he have a profession or in demand trade? He might be able to apply for Permanent Residency through Express Entry, perhaps.. do ask him to post if he needs any advice on alternative routes.
Good luck

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 15th 2019 at 1:59 am.
Old Feb 17th 2019, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

hh619 is an unknown quantity at this point

The wife’s degree and pgce are currently being evaluated by WES (20 working days so far) so, in the meantime, i decided to go ahead and submit my work permit application for IEC just in case we don't get the additional year of education we need to get an ITA for EE. So far i've paid a combined $335 for participation, work permit and biometrics. As per the below quote; there's a big chance my IEC will not be approved. However, i've been asked to give my biometrics already. This is a new requirement since the last time i applied. Does this mean the application has been reviewed already? If that's the case, surely they would have picked up on the below and denied my WP? Then refunded the $100 for the WP and $85 for Biometrics?

Originally Posted by matteh
So i did get an ITA. I've finished my app, and just about to submit it. However, before i do, i have some questions:

During the application it asked whether i've applied for IEC before. I said yes and added a few lines about when it expired, circumstances, etc. Do you think once they review this part of the app that it will be automatically declined?

If for the above reason my app is declined, will i get the $335 back?

Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Canniecanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

Newbie to the threads and have been snooping around for a week or so to try and get some info for family members.

Nephew and his wife applied for IEC and she was lucky to get choosen in the first round of invitations, so far he hasn't been so lucky! Yesterday she received her POE letter and they are now getting ready to travel.

So a couple of questions/confirmations that would be helpful.

1. I understand that he can travel with her, not on her IEC but as a visitor and then if she secures a NOC job of O, A or B he can then apply for an OWP. If this is the case, are the border control likely to allow him a visitors visa for the same length as her IEC - 2 years so long as they have funds $$, and the two years insurance?

2. Would it be beneficial for them to have a letter from us stating that they are going to be staying with us (we have a basement appartment)?

3. He will apply again for IEC if he hasn't got a OWP for 2020 which is his last year at he is 30 in Sept, can he do this from within Canada or would he need to return back to the UK?

4. End goal is get Canadian work experience so that they can apply for PR but would they have to apply for EE and it would still come down to points scored or is there a different process?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes.
2. No harm in having such a letter.
3. Can submit application from within Canada.
4. Yes he would apply under EE for the CEC class.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Canniecanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Former Lancastrian you were quicker than quick!

Thanks for the clarification, I thought I had read it correctly.

Just one more quick clairification on the EE and CEC class - They would still need at least 450+ points to be considered for the CEC as most of the EE draws seem to be with more than 440 points or do they get a different 'review' because they are in the country?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Canniecanuck
Wow Former Lancastrian you were quicker than quick!

Thanks for the clarification, I thought I had read it correctly.

Just one more quick clairification on the EE and CEC class - They would still need at least 450+ points to be considered for the CEC as most of the EE draws seem to be with more than 440 points or do they get a different 'review' because they are in the country?
No different review points wise. federal Skilled Trades is one that has different points amounts as seen in this link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I received my POE letter today. As a UK citizen I'm entitled to a 24 month stay. I'll need to get insured for those 24 months. Can anyone offer guidance on this? Do I have to pay up front or commit to paying monthly or something?

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peejay2
Hi,

I received my POE letter today. As a UK citizen I'm entitled to a 24 month stay. I'll need to get insured for those 24 months. Can anyone offer guidance on this? Do I have to pay up front or commit to paying monthly or something?

Thanks a lot.
You need full insurance for the 2 years in place before you go. If you search the 2018 thread you’ll find loads of recommendations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.