IEC 2019

Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second round of Invitations for the UK IEC: who else DIDN'T receive one?

Originally Posted by Blue Jay
Do you know if it's OK to have two mcgkey profiles for 2 separate passports / Dual Nationality at the same time? For example, UK and Ireland both in the working holiday pool. Won't they see my names and details twice and potentially penalize against being in the pool with 2 different passports at the same time or is it okay to do? I can't find any information about this online.
If Iā€™m a dual citizen, can I have an International Experience Canada work permit under each citizenship?

HTH.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Blue Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second round of Invitations for the UK IEC: who else DIDN'T receive one?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
-

HTH.
If this is the case where you can submit profiles for each passport, surely that means you can also make a dozen mcgkey accounts with the same passport with different ID numbers until you get picked?

-- Keep in mind I have no intention of doing this, it's just a pure curiosity for how the system works --

It also states on the website that you can only have one IEC profile. What does this mean, one profile in the pool, one account?
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If this is the case where you can submit profiles for each passport, surely that means you can also make a dozen mcgkey accounts with the same passport with different ID numbers until you get picked?

-- Keep in mind I have no intention of doing this, it's just a pure curiosity for how the system works --

It also states on the website that you can only have one IEC profile. What does this mean, one profile in the pool, one account?
No you can't submit multiple profiles for each passport.

One passport - say for instance, IRISH - would get you ONE profile and ONE application into the IRISH Pool
One passport - say for instance BRITISH - would get you ONE profile and ONE application in the BRITISH pool.
ONE profile PER Nationality/Passport.
One application PER Nationality/Passport.
Simples.
What is a personal reference code and how do I get one for International Experience Canada (IEC)?

Your personal reference code is created once you finish answering the questions in the Come to Canada tool. It is used to transfer the information from your answers over to the International Experience Canada (IEC) profile builder in your account. It looks like this: JM1234567890.
If you are logged into your account when you answer the questions in the Come to Canada tool, you will not get a personal reference code.

Note: The personal reference code is not the same as the IEC profile number. The profile number is given to each completed IEC profile.

Places are going fast, so I wouldn't delay.
Rounds of invitations ā€“ International Experience Canada
Rounds of invitations ā€“ International Experience Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 10th 2019 at 12:20 am.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, as explained by Siouxie and the link above. You can't have more than one application per country (and if found to, they'll all be rejected, so it would be completely pointless and a waste of an application).

If you have both Irish and UK citizenship then presumably you've already applied for both, so will hopefully get lucky - the Irish is generally much easier to obtain as they have a larger quota and lower take up. But again, I would also suggest you start a new thread giving details of your situation, as it would be very unusual for you not to be eligible to apply straight for PR now, having lived and worked in Canada. You may find you can skip the whole IEC thing and just head out there with PR in the summer instead!
Old Jan 13th 2019, 8:37 am
Just Joined

ChloeElena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2019

Hi everyone! Nice to be a part of this group.

Iā€™ve got a question about police certificates. Iā€™m in the process of completing my application and when I received my police certificate it said ā€œNo Live Traceā€ much to my surprise. This dates back to a juvenile caution I got when I was 15 that I thought had been cleared as I wasnā€™t fined or convicted. Turns out it never clears off your certificate however minor the incident.

Iā€™ve approached all the questions in the application with honesty and explained what the caution was for in my covering letter. The only problem is that I canā€™t get the police record that they request in time for the deadline. Instead, I plan to attach a confirmation of the police record from ACRO police. I have spoken to ACRO and been told that it takes a calendar month for the report to arrive and there is only 20 days to apply for the Visa.

I think Iā€™m doing all that I can but I would really appreciate any further advice if people have it. Or if someone knows if there is another way to get hold of a subject access (police report) quicker that Iā€™m not aware of the then please do share.

Thank you

Last edited by ChloeElena; Jan 13th 2019 at 8:52 am.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

From the IEC website
  1. Upload all supporting documents, including police and medical exam certificates, if applicable. If you do not have the supporting documents, you can upload proof that you have applied to undertake a medical exam and/or that you have sent a police certificate request.ā€
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ss-glance.html

If its a juvenile caution I wouldn't worry about it just make sure you get the correct Police Certificate and submit it once received.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

ChloeElena is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your prompt response. It isnā€™t so much the juvenile caution itself that Iā€™m worried about but rather the fact that I donā€™t have the additional documentation for subject access (police report) to back up the facts that Iā€™m stating in the explanation letter. And I know it wonā€™t arrive before the deadline So my fear is that they see my ā€œNo Live Traceā€ status on my police certificate and immediately reject me.

It seems you can fast track a police certificate and pay for its arrival in two days buts itā€™s impossible to get hold of the police reports themselves in under one calendar month. At least in the UK anyway... I guess I need to attach all I can with my explanation letter and pray for the best.

Last edited by ChloeElena; Jan 13th 2019 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

hh619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spectacular timing... i got an email from CIC with the subject line of: "You have a new message in your account for application ########" i then go to the CIC website to find out that the website will be down from 8-10:30 GMT arghh!! Fingers crossed

Edit: this may actually be for an older application. Will have to wait and see.

Last edited by hh619; Jan 15th 2019 at 7:47 am.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Blue Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got an invite!

Can someone give me a hand with the application employment section? It is asking for 10 years worth of employment history. I was 16 10 years ago and I was in full time education until 2015. Do I just write my employment details from 2015 to now?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

So i did get an ITA. I've finished my app, and just about to submit it. However, before i do, i have some questions:

During the application it asked whether i've applied for IEC before. I said yes and added a few lines about when it expired, circumstances, etc. Do you think once they review this part of the app that it will be automatically declined?

If for the above reason my app is declined, will i get the $335 back?

Originally Posted by matteh
Hi all,

I applied for IEC last year and received an ITA and was accepted and issued a work permit. However, due to personal reasons, i did not land and activate the IEC work permit and it has since expired.

After some initial research, it appears that once you've been issued a work permit via IEC, you cannot apply again. However, i've contacted CIC via the webform and i've been informed that it is ok to apply again aslong as the work permit was never acticated. I've now re-applied and just waiting to see if i get an invitation before i age out in April.

Does anyone else have any experiece of this?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I finally got an invite!

Can someone give me a hand with the application employment section? It is asking for 10 years worth of employment history. I was 16 10 years ago and I was in full time education until 2015. Do I just write my employment details from 2015 to now?
Yep. You can add the dates in for education too for completeness.

So i did get an ITA. I've finished my app, and just about to submit it. However, before i do, i have some questions:

During the application it asked whether i've applied for IEC before. I said yes and added a few lines about when it expired, circumstances, etc. Do you think once they review this part of the app that it will be automatically declined?

If for the above reason my app is declined, will i get the $335 back?
I don't think you will get the money back I'm afraid, it's a processing fee so will be charged whether the answer is positive or negative. My guess is that it will be declined once they realise you've had an IEC before, but you may get lucky, no way of knowing in advance unfortunately.

Good luck to both of you.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

I don't think you will get the money back I'm afraid, it's a processing fee so will be charged whether the answer is positive or negative. My guess is that it will be declined once they realise you've had an IEC before, but you may get lucky, no way of knowing in advance unfortunately.

Good luck to both of you.
You'd think the option to reapply would be disabled, or after i selected yes to applied before that it would have stopped the application proceeding.

Tricky one!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

You'd think the option to reapply would be disabled, or after i selected yes to applied before that it would have stopped the application proceeding.

Tricky one!
But 'applied before' may mean that somebody has applied then withdrawn their application. Or applied and been rejected. Or.....etc, etc. So those people would be perfectly eligible to try again as they hadn't actually had a visa.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

But 'applied before' may mean that somebody has applied then withdrawn their application. Or applied and been rejected. Or.....etc, etc. So those people would be perfectly eligible to try again as they hadn't actually had a visa.
"Have you ever participated in International Experience Canada before? (required)"

Is participation considered as just applying, or actually getting accepted?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

"Have you ever participated in International Experience Canada before? (required)"

Is participation considered as just applying, or actually getting accepted?
Even if it's actually getting accepted, they can't reject you instantly at that stage, as others are still fine to continue and have more than one participation (i.e. those with multiple nationalities). Hence why it allows you to carry on, as answering yes to that question won't make everybody ineligible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.