IEC 2015

Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Are they not looking into the number of visas with each country as well?

they are also only giving 7 days aswell to submit everything. I wouldn't be surprised if this visa becomes obsolete in years to come
Next year... this year leaked docs to the media suggest PM has already agreed 2015 quotas remain the same.

“The PM indicated that 2015 quotas will be maintained at the 2014 levels but reductions will be implemented in 2016, based on a detailed assessment to be conducted by [Citizenship and Immigration] in consultation with [Foreign Affairs],” the document states.

Sources confirmed to The Globe that there will be no quota reductions when the 2015 program rules are announced soon but that future reductions have not been ruled out. The government is planning to increase its promotion of the program this year in an effort to get more Canadians to participate.
Ottawa to limit number of foreign youth working in Canada - The Globe and Mail
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David3627
It'd be a shame. How would young adults getti travel the world? The need to be wealthy is increasing ever more.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Next year... this year leaked docs to the media suggest PM has already agreed 2015 quotas remain the same.

Ottawa to limit number of foreign youth working in Canada - The Globe and Mail
What I said was based on this article in the globe
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:29 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be a shame. How would young adults getti travel the world? The need to be wealthy is increasing ever more.
Join the armed services or volunteer for overseas service maybe.

I saw lots of the world and got paid for it, a few alarming moments, but all part of the experience.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Radical idea, but maybe by working hard and saving up?!

I managed it just fine, I used to work 2 or 3 jobs (temp secretary during the day, then straight to a pub to work in an evening, then babysitting at weekends around the pub job) for 6 months to save up, then go off travelling for a few months. Return to the UK and repeat. I did Africa, the U.S., Europe, Central America and Canada just fine that way.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Radical idea, but maybe by working hard and saving up?!

I managed it just fine, I used to work 2 or 3 jobs (temp secretary during the day, then straight to a pub to work in an evening, then babysitting at weekends around the pub job) for 6 months to save up, then go off travelling for a few months. Return to the UK and repeat. I did Africa, the U.S., Europe, Central America and Canada just fine that way.
Wow I didn't realise you had so much world experience, only thought you were a pro on Canada!

I would still take how the IEC process runs over any other immigration route in Canada.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I didn't realise you had so much world experience, only thought you were a pro on Canada!

I would still take how the IEC process runs over any other immigration route in Canada.
Not sure bumming around Africa for 6 months with a backpack counts as 'world experience', but it was certainly fun.

The IEC is by far the quickest/easiest route in to Canada, absolutely. It's a doddle compared to other visas, it would be a shame if they scrapped it though but I can see why they would.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure bumming around Africa for 6 months with a backpack counts as 'world experience', but it was certainly fun.

The IEC is by far the quickest/easiest route in to Canada, absolutely. It's a doddle compared to other visas, it would be a shame if they scrapped it though but I can see why they would.
absolutely it does count!!

It would be a shame, and I think it would probably be a knee-jerk reaction to do so. I can see why though, youth unemployment etc. I somewhat agree that if after some promotion to Canadian youth there is still an imbalance between certain countries of course their reciprocal agreements should be reviewed, why should 5000 from one country come to Canada while only 100 Canadians go the other way. Scrap the whole program and the real losers are the Canadian youth they think they're protecting.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys I'm really confused regarding the police certificates? So we don't need them at the first application, but once we get approved we then have 7 days to submit it? How long do these certificates usually take to arrive to a UK address from the UK police?

Also I've lived in the States for a year for a study abroad year, would I need a certificate from them as well??

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by rana1
Hey guys I'm really confused regarding the police certificates? So we don't need them at the first application, but once we get approved we then have 7 days to submit it? How long do these certificates usually take to arrive to a UK address from the UK police?

Also I've lived in the States for a year for a study abroad year, would I need a certificate from them as well??

Thanks in advance
1. You probably will have a problem as the FBI certificate is taking 12-16 weeks these days, and yes you will need one.
2. About 2 weeks for the UK one.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You probably will have a problem as the FBI certificate is taking 12-16 weeks these days, and yes you will need one.
2. About 2 weeks for the UK one.
Wow really? Would IEC/CIC be understanding of this or is there not much leeway given? And is it 7 days to submit?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks in advance
You require police check from any country (excluding Canada) that you have lived in for 6 months or more. The US one from what I've read takes a considerable amount of time so you'll probably have to upload a letter of explanation saying something along those lines.

As for the UK police check, you have two service levels. £45 within 10 business days or £80 for something like 2 business days. In my experience I received the police check back within the same time period for both service levels, but that could simply be because I was lucky.

Once in receipt of the conditional acceptance letter you have 7 days to upload and submit to CIC.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:23 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Once in receipt of the conditional acceptance letter you have 7 days to upload and submit to CIC.
Just like to add that if you feel that your certificates will not come back in time, you can upload a letter of expectation to where the certificate goes on your myCIC account and explain it will take 10 days.

This is new time retraint this year but people on waiting list last year were given 15 days. If they could not get their documents in time they let CIC know and then they were given an extension. Based on one participant on FB doing this, he was then given 90 days to sumbit the police check.

In a nutshell - we are hoping that people that need an extention won't be given another 7 days but will be given longer to upload to sumbit back to CIC. It's only the CAL that is 7 days and chances are once they have that it's not too much of an issue
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 8:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Wow really? Would IEC/CIC be understanding of this or is there not much leeway given? And is it 7 days to submit?

You just got lucky. As of today you can use an authorized Channeler to obtain your FBI record. It is much faster,

How to Get a Police Certificate – United States
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

I suspect Express Entry is rather taking up a lot of manpower at the moment, and you're right, you are at the bottom of the list for CIC unfortunately! Can't really blame them considering it's only a temp visa and often used for unskilled jobs, it's no surprise that they focus on those that are moving permanently to fill skills shortages.
No , iec is how one acquires the experience sufficient for skilled jobs and is the catalyst used to initially fill those skill shortages in the first place, no? I suspect its important for Canada to receive skilled people, through this visa right? given that they really are having such skill shortages, and have to fill them urgently.

Although I do hope/think their just as focused on re-uniting families, and all the nice, non-skilled fluffy stuff too ; )

perhaps none of its the bottom of the list after all, and they are just churning through it, as ever
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I wouldn't be surprised if this visa becomes obsolete in years to come
Noooo, hope not! that would mean that s***ts really effed up

Totally!!, business side its dangling carrot theory, soo cut throat for the noc-no-no's : (( people are saying immigration is becoming a business in itself, but who knows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.