IEC 2015

Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

This news is fantastic for me. My computer shit itself and has completely died which had my only copy of my resume and scan of my passport on it, and currently don't have my passport and wont get it until Thursday at the earliest (through my own stupid mistake). So I've been really stressed that it was gonna come out before then, I'm so relieved!

Lesson learned: have back ups of all documents!
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt101
This news is fantastic for me. My computer shit itself and has completely died which had my only copy of my resume and scan of my passport on it, and currently don't have my passport and wont get it until Thursday at the earliest (through my own stupid mistake). So I've been really stressed that it was gonna come out before then, I'm so relieved!

Lesson learned: have back ups of all documents!
Yes, you're not alone on that one, I have a few backups of my hard-drive now after learning the hard way.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Yes, you're not alone on that one, I have a few backups of my hard-drive now after learning the hard way.
Aye I'm gonna make a load of back-ups after that. I've been working and incredible amount of overtime and quit most fun things in my life for months now in an effort to get enough money to go to Canada, so its been unbearable checking the website these last few days thinking it was gonna open without me being able to apply. Its such a weight off my mind!
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:27 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Perhaps, or perhaps as a government department resource is currently being allocated elsewhere. All guess work really, at least you all know the next point in time to start worrying again
No I would say they are negotiating as well, after the fact they an counted that next year they are cutting the numbers with 24 of the 32 countries - I have a feeling those countries will have something to say about the situation.

Can't be bothered to worry about this anymore - if it all goes bad - I just go back to the UK, as much as I like it here - there are things back there I can go back too

Last edited by beckiwoo; Jan 19th 2015 at 10:29 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

paperbackreader is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, this delay could be really bad for me...

I turn 31 at the start of April. My understanding is that I must receive my LOI before I turn 31? Is this other peoples understanding of this too?

This could be incredibly tight for me....

Here's what the IEC FAQ has to say:

"My IEC application has been approved, but I am about to turn 30/31/36 years old. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday?

No. Your Letter of Introduction is valid for one year from the date of issue and is not affected if you turn 30/31/36 years old within its validity period. You do not need to enter Canada before you turn 30/31/36 years old as long as your Letter of Introduction is valid.
"

I'm totally stressed! After all this research and waiting, I could potentially miss out if they delay it any later than mid-feb or if my application takes too long to process.

Last edited by paperbackreader; Jan 19th 2015 at 10:58 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paperbackreader
Ok, this delay could be really bad for me...

I turn 31 at the start of April. My understanding is that I must receive my LOI before I turn 31? Is this other peoples understanding of this too?

This could be incredibly tight for me....

Here's what the IEC FAQ has to say:

"My IEC application has been approved, but I am about to turn 30/31/36 years old. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday?

No. Your Letter of Introduction is valid for one year from the date of issue and is not affected if you turn 30/31/36 years old within its validity period. You do not need to enter Canada before you turn 30/31/36 years old as long as your Letter of Introduction is valid.
"

I'm totally stressed! After all this research and waiting, I could potentially miss out if they delay it any later than mid-feb or if my application takes too long to process.
I was under the impression that you just have to submit your Kompass account before you are under 31, and you can enter after that age. It hasn't ever been as late as April before so you should hopefully be fine. I'm no expert in this though so don't take my word on it.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

paperbackreader is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Matt.

From the quote I've pasted from the IEC website it reads (to me, anyway) that I have to have my LOI before I turn 31 at the start of April.

Was anyone in this situation last year that can possibly verify this????

My understanding is that even when getting a WTN (if successful at the Kompass stage) I'm still a good 4-8 weeks plus away from getting an LOI. Hence my worry that I hit 31yrs old before getting it.

I'm freaking out people!!!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

april22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i'm new on here and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to prepare for iec 2015? Can i set up my kompass account beforehand? This is all really new to me so any info would be great. Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by april22
Hi i'm new on here and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to prepare for iec 2015? Can i set up my kompass account beforehand? This is all really new to me so any info would be great. Thanks
Hi,

Welcome along. There's not really much to prepare. I'd recommend having a quick look through the website International Experience Canada - travel and work in Canada there's a step by step guide there,any questions let us know.

Kompass accounts can't be created for 2015 process until the process opens. For the first part you'll need passport details and copy of your resume in the format specified by CIC in the above link.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by april22
Plenty of resources around - on CIC and here, for preparing for the process before they open.

Tip 1: Get police check asap.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

april22 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you
Old Jan 21st 2015, 12:15 am
Just Joined

RyanC741 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks to everybody on here you are all awesome.
I wanted to ask, I have a current working visa that expires on the 6th August this year, And I'm going to be applying again for a second year when it opens... Eventually...

The only problem I have is my passport expires on the 23rd of Feb 2016, so If my second year goes through then I'm guessing that's the date my second year will be valid too, I was planning on traveling to the UK before activating my second year visa with a new passport so I could the full year, does anybody know if this would this be possible?

Thanks in advance everyone, stressful stuff...

Ryan...
Old Jan 21st 2015, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks to everybody on here you are all awesome.
I wanted to ask, I have a current working visa that expires on the 6th August this year, And I'm going to be applying again for a second year when it opens... Eventually...

The only problem I have is my passport expires on the 23rd of Feb 2016, so If my second year goes through then I'm guessing that's the date my second year will be valid too, I was planning on traveling to the UK before activating my second year visa with a new passport so I could the full year, does anybody know if this would this be possible?

Thanks in advance everyone, stressful stuff...

Ryan...
CIC article here

A valid passport.
Your passport must be valid both upon applying to the IEC program and upon entry to and departure from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 1:24 am
Just Joined

RyanC741 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the answer, annoying timings here, i'll have to have to think of some superman passport renewal skills then I guess. Thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Thanks for the answer, annoying timings here, i'll have to have to think of some superman passport renewal skills then I guess. Thanks.
My thoughts too. Best of luck with that and I really hope you succeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.