IEC 2015

Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by rana1
So I've decided I should get the FBI certificate just to be safe. But my god it's confusing. I really don't understand the process at all, the website seems to assume you're just applying from within the States. Can anyone help me out on this please?
You're going through here?

FBI — Submitting an Identity History Summary to the FBI
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Yes I am. And even from there, when you go to complete an application form, it says it is "provided solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record". It doesn't say anything about visa purposes?

And even after that, I don't know how to make a payment to them in the States, if they are even accepting applications from abroad, will they post the certificate abroad at no extra cost, how do I get fingerprints etc?

Sorry about the load of questions, just stressing out a bit!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am. And even from there, when you go to complete an application form, it says it is "provided solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record". It doesn't say anything about visa purposes?

And even after that, I don't know how to make a payment to them in the States, if they are even accepting applications from abroad, will they post the certificate abroad at no extra cost, how do I get fingerprints etc?

Sorry about the load of questions, just stressing out a bit!
It's exactly what CIC ask for so safe to assume it's what's needed. As for payment, can be credit card or money order in USD from bank. Loads of IEC people have had no problem with getting their FBI sent to them wherever they are so I wouldn't worry about that.

All the info is there. Maybe someone here will have a specific recommendation for a company in the UK that does fingerprints, I seem to recall in the past a couple of recommendations, but when the FBI's website recommends looking in yellow pages for companies that do fingerprints, Google could be your friend here

4. Where can I get my fingerprints taken?

If submitting directly to the FBI, your local, county, or state law enforcement agencies may take your fingerprints for a fee. Also, some printing companies offer this service; check the yellow pages in your telephone book or search online.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
It's exactly what CIC ask for so safe to assume it's what's needed. As for payment, can be credit card or money order in USD from bank. Loads of IEC people have had no problem with getting their FBI sent to them wherever they are so I wouldn't worry about that.

All the info is there. Maybe someone here will have a specific recommendation for a company in the UK that does fingerprints, I seem to recall in the past a couple of recommendations, but when the FBI's website recommends looking in yellow pages for companies that do fingerprints, Google could be your friend here
OK that's reassuring. Thanks a lot! If I do have to send a letter of explanation to CIC about a delay about this, do I need to show some sort of evidence about applying for it? And do you know if it's true that people have got their LOE and been able to get into canada before even providing it?

Also if anyone has any suggestions about the fingerprints or whole FBI application, please let me know, I'll be thankful
Old Mar 18th 2015, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

OK

Re: payment confirmation delay

I sent 2 messages and in one of them I even included the payment confirmation number and CIC still haven't gotten back to me. Anybody having any joy with this?
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David3627
OK

Re: payment confirmation delay

I sent 2 messages and in one of them I even included the payment confirmation number and CIC still haven't gotten back to me. Anybody having any joy with this?
CIC responded to someone that it is a known issue and not to worry
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

heyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond reputeheyseus has a reputation beyond repute

OK that's reassuring. Thanks a lot! If I do have to send a letter of explanation to CIC about a delay about this, do I need to show some sort of evidence about applying for it? And do you know if it's true that people have got their LOE and been able to get into canada before even providing it?

Also if anyone has any suggestions about the fingerprints or whole FBI application, please let me know, I'll be thankful
It's a nightmare. Not the process itself, because you can tell IEC you've applied, but the actual applying! I'm in Prague and there's NOWHERE to get fingerprints taken. So I can't even apply. I've been putting off completing stage 1 until I had applied, but I now don't think I will have done by Sunday anyway.

If I submit a message to IEC saying I'm in the process of applying (and that I can't find a place to get my fingerprints taken), they'll be ok?

Also, has anyone ever heard of doing fingerprinting at home and it being accepted by the FBI? I could give that a go since it'll be a few weeks until I'm back in England.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

robrad55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure this has been asked before, I just can find info on it.

Do you need a police certificate for Canada as I've spent a year there already? I feel like they just do it themselves?

thanks
Old Mar 18th 2015, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After CIC.

Hey guys, just a quick one.
After I complete CIC and get my work permit, is there a time limit on its validity?
I understand that the CAL lasts for 14 days, but once I finish the CIC stage, is there a time limit in which I have to get into Canada? I'm looking at flights, so it's something I'd quite like to know. If there is an expiry, I wouldn't like to book a flight that exists outside its time frame.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robrad55
I'm sure this has been asked before, I just can find info on it.

Do you need a police certificate for Canada as I've spent a year there already? I feel like they just do it themselves?

thanks
Don't worry about canada. They might ask after the fact, but initially you don't include it.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After CIC.

Originally Posted by Kirol
Hey guys, just a quick one.
After I complete CIC and get my work permit, is there a time limit on its validity?
I understand that the CAL lasts for 14 days, but once I finish the CIC stage, is there a time limit in which I have to get into Canada? I'm looking at flights, so it's something I'd quite like to know. If there is an expiry, I wouldn't like to book a flight that exists outside its time frame.
Covered by the CIC FAQ

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=846&t=15
Old Mar 18th 2015, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

cauliflo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Wondering if anyone is any further forward on the 'payment pending' fiasco?
We're not, and no word from IEC either
I had the pending and unlocked payment section paid on the 12th and it's finally locked and submitted today so just be patient guys.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After CIC.

Originally Posted by bc2015
Thanks dude, that cleared it up 100%. I'm glad I joined this site, everyone's so helpful!
I totally didn't see that on the CIC site.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 3:42 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

My wife has just had her second letter (the Notice of Receipt) arrive and her status move from pending to "In Progress" after having paid and submitted documents 1 week ago. Her WTN was around 150.

My own application is still pending having paid last Friday (6 days ago) (WTN around 2250).
Old Mar 19th 2015, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received my CAL!! and my ACRO form arrived in the post, today has been a good day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.