IEC 2014

Old Dec 29th 2013, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Hey guys, am I supposed to make a new CIC login, or can I use the one I used for my first years IEC?
Old Dec 29th 2013, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

HS1448 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm a 1st round applicant and haven't heard anything back so just wanted to check I have done everything I can for now!

In the boxes across the top it says everything is 'submitted' and my eligibility assessment is 'in progress' all the boxes in the table are locked and the only button I can press would be to view or withdraw my application, I have received an email from netbank.

Is it just a case of being patient until the new year?
Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

HS448 sounds right mate there probably just a bit slow on uptake after the holidays

just got a cic email for POE introduction letter, sorting travel insurance after new year then hopefully scarpering as soon as the bank transfers my savings
Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:54 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
HS448 sounds right mate there probably just a bit slow on uptake after the holidays

just got a cic email for POE introduction letter, sorting travel insurance after new year then hopefully scarpering as soon as the bank transfers my savings

When you submit all your application to CIC, do they email you to say they have received all your uploads and are processing it (like with Kompass?)

A friend almost didn't get his visa last year as they said they had 'lost' his documents?

Also I see you are transferring your savings? Have you already got a Canadian bank account then?

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 30th 2013 at 8:04 am.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I got a message in mycic account confirming they had received all my documents, it seemed to take twice as long at cic stage than it did on compass, also I received emails saying my status had changed and it hadn't, just takes a fair bit of patience.

from what I heard on last year they have done incredibly well as an agency this year
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:26 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I got a message in mycic account confirming they had received all my documents, it seemed to take twice as long at cic stage than it did on compass, also I received emails saying my status had changed and it hadn't, just takes a fair bit of patience.

from what I heard on last year they have done incredibly well as an agency this year
I'm expecting this part to take longer tbh, when did you submit?

Have you managed to transfer your savings to a Canadian bank account? Can you open them online then?
Old Dec 30th 2013, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

haven't done that yet didn't know we could do that online?

was going to take enough cash with me on the plane to open an account and then transfer the rest.

confirmation of submission 24th dec

LOI 29th dec

how did you change all that writing below your name?

and why do you need a medical
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:43 am
Bex in the city

haven't done that yet didn't know we could do that online?

was going to take enough cash with me on the plane to open an account and then transfer the rest.

confirmation of submission 24th dec

LOI 29th dec

how did you change all that writing below your name?

and why do you need a medical
I'm not sue if you can open one online, probably safer to do it when you get there.

The stuff under my post with my timescale can be changed in the signature section under my profile.

I have to have a medical as I work and plan to continue working within a job that requires a medical, jobs like medicine, healthcare, agriculture, working in social care that sort of thing
Old Dec 30th 2013, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!
Well there I was assuming that the quota for 2014 would open, in shock horror 2014! But when I went onto the IEC website today, to my surprise I discovered that 2 quotas have already been opened and gone!
I'm so gutted and extremely worried that I'm going to miss the final quota and it's going to be my 2nd time trying to get this bloody visa!
Please pray that I and everyone else in the same boat as me get a visa!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

good luck mate and thanks for responding beckiwoo, if you hear anything on setting up online banking in Canada drop us a pm, I will like wise
Old Dec 30th 2013, 12:03 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Gavita
Hi guys!
Well there I was assuming that the quota for 2014 would open, in shock horror 2014! But when I went onto the IEC website today, to my surprise I discovered that 2 quotas have already been opened and gone!
I'm so gutted and extremely worried that I'm going to miss the final quota and it's going to be my 2nd time trying to get this bloody visa!
Best of luck, there are 2000 for this quota coming up and this is the one where they should keep people on wait lists if you don't get through initially

No problem wardy, good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Adamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud of

Hi guys!

I was checking the site every week since August except for 2 weeks in Dec when they went. The first round closed in 15 mins and the second round closed in about 7 so type fast and maybe have someone proof reading it as you go. Good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

you wont need proof reading but make sure you write your names as in your passport and watch for there date system its backwards year first, month then day.

good luck
Old Dec 30th 2013, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

iec2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!
My advice is just have that page open and refresh your page at about 2:57pm( assuming that it will open at 3pm UK as it has in the other 2 rounds.
I know it is easier said than done, but stay calm and as wardy1990 said make sure you get your dates and names correct because the rest of it is straight forward, there is no uploading of documents like in the previous one, I understand the visas have gone so quickly but just concentrate on being ready just before 3pm and take your time, it took me 4mins in total and that included registering my Kompass account.
So it is possible to get it done in the time, my best advice is to stay calm.
Good luck you WILL get your visa

Whilst I'm on here is anyone using Bunac or a similar service?
I was thinking having a job prior to reaching Canada would be more beneficial but I've read mixed reviews about the service.
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 30th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know someone who used it a few years ago and he rated the experience similar people in same boat was appealing, but now your not guaranteed a place when you pay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.