IEC 2014

Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

asdalittlepanda check your messages with mine it came about 3 days later and I had to download it as a PDF.

when transferring thousands from a uk account to Canadian is there a charge or anything I am assuming there must be a limit to get under the radar for money laundering like here its under grand (the 999ers)
Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

ekedoke101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me... I applied to the iec kompass and got my conditional acceptance a couple of days ago. When I was asked to give my cv, I included my four most recent jobs as they are the ones that are the most relevant and the only ones that I use on my actual cv. However, on the cic account it states that you have to provide your last ten years of work experience. If the jobs that I put on my cic and iec match up to a certain point, and then I put my older jobs down on the cic, will this harm my application? If yes, do you think there is a way that I could explain the situation to cic? Thanks for any help, much appreciated
Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
I dont have any letters from the last 6 months with my UK address, did you put down your canadian address? Or did you just have letters dated in the last 6 months?
i fortunately had bills in to my Canadian address in the last 6 months. Have you got anything online with the address you could print off (they dont specify what the bill has to be so i do not think they are strict on what it is)
Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asadlittlepanda
Happy new year guys!

I checked MyCic this morning, and the application was closed and it says it has been approved. Does this mean I should expect my LOI or is there something else I have to do?
sounds like its on its way when did you send off stage 2 ?
Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:44 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
asdalittlepanda check your messages with mine it came about 3 days later and I had to download it as a PDF.

when transferring thousands from a uk account to Canadian is there a charge or anything I am assuming there must be a limit to get under the radar for money laundering like here its under grand (the 999ers)
Anything over $10000'needs to be declared
Old Jan 1st 2014, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

asadlittlepanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Divvym1
sounds like its on its way when did you send off stage 2 ?
Sent it off on the 21st of December
Old Jan 1st 2014, 11:16 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy_1990

It's £25 with nationwide no matter how much you transfer. Not sure about the other banks

Fair enough with transferring the money that you need but probably not the best idea to transfer every £ you own into $ unless you know for certain your not returning to the UK to live. (Not suggesting you are doing this though)
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
i fortunately had bills in to my Canadian address in the last 6 months. Have you got anything online with the address you could print off (they dont specify what the bill has to be so i do not think they are strict on what it is)
So this means I can put my Canadian address on my police certificate? I thought it had to be a UK address?

Responses are greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Anything over $10000'needs to be declared
Individuals only have to declare money/financial instruments they carry into Canada or transfer through the mail/using a courier/other ways which are intended to be money laundering.

You (as an individual) don't declare money transferred through the banking system - the banks make the Fintrac declarations.

That's probably why Canadian banks charge you $15-$25 to accept a Swift transfer from overseas even though it is already in $CAD.

Last edited by withabix; Jan 2nd 2014 at 1:54 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Jason12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I've just put my stage two app in with my police uk cert. however I have been in Australia over 6 months however I didn't add a cert for that in my app because it didn't ask for it.
Will they contact me for further details or will they just refuse my application?
I have sent off for the Australian police cert so it should be ere soon but just worried they won't ask for it they will just decline.

Any helps great
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jason12345
Hi
I've just put my stage two app in with my police uk cert. however I have been in Australia over 6 months however I didn't add a cert for that in my app because it didn't ask for it.
Will they contact me for further details or will they just refuse my application?
I have sent off for the Australian police cert so it should be ere soon but just worried they won't ask for it they will just decline.

Any helps great
From the CIC website
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

BalthazarUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. When, I do the come to Canada guide. I can't get it to give me the IEC as an option. I am currently in Canada on my first IEC and seem to remember from last year that people who were already in Canada on an IEC had a similar problem and had to put that they were not in Canada at the beginning (i.e. they put the were in England) Is this still the case? Has anyone else had problems about this? Would really appreciate some help on this. Thank you in advance
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BalthazarUK
Hi All,

If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. When, I do the come to Canada guide. I can't get it to give me the IEC as an option. I am currently in Canada on my first IEC and seem to remember from last year that people who were already in Canada on an IEC had a similar problem and had to put that they were not in Canada at the beginning (i.e. they put the were in England) Is this still the case? Has anyone else had problems about this? Would really appreciate some help on this. Thank you in advance

2. What address should I use for my “mailing address”, “residential address” and “permanent address” on my IEC application form?

The “mailing address” is the address where you wish to receive any correspondence from International Experience Canada during or after the application process. Your mailing and residential addresses can be the same.

The “residential address” on the IEC application is the address where you are currently living. For example, if you are currently in Canada participating in the IEC and are submitting a new application, we recommend that you put your Canadian residential address in this field. The “permanent address” is the address where you live on permanent basis. This should be a U.K. address.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

BalthazarUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
2. What address should I use for my “mailing address”, “residential address” and “permanent address” on my IEC application form?

The “mailing address” is the address where you wish to receive any correspondence from International Experience Canada during or after the application process. Your mailing and residential addresses can be the same.

The “residential address” on the IEC application is the address where you are currently living. For example, if you are currently in Canada participating in the IEC and are submitting a new application, we recommend that you put your Canadian residential address in this field. The “permanent address” is the address where you live on permanent basis. This should be a U.K. address.
Thank you for you help Former Lancastrian, I always appreciate your help.

I have already done the IEC kompass part and got my letter of conditional acceptance. I had indeed put my permanent address as the UK.

What I meant was, when I do the CIC "Come to Canada" guide, on the first page what do I put for this question:

"What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada."

England or Canada? Because if I put England it gives the IEC as an option, if I put Canada it doesn't. What did other Second time IEC people put down for this one?

I remember last year, second timers had a similar problem. Could some other second timers please say what they did in regards to this? Or anyone who knows about this.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Aldo001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my CAL today!

Just doing the IMM5707, do I print it out, sign it then scan it again?

Also, when doing the IMM1295 form, it asks for the address of my intended employment location however I don't have this information yet. What do I do?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.