IEC 2014

Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC 2014

As we seem to be approaching that time of year again, and as we're getting more and more IEC related threads pop up, here is the annual thread. Please keep all IEC related questions to this thread, and it's always worth searching the thread (or last years) as most questions are asked more than once.

Good luck everybody and have fun!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IEC 2014

christmasoompa Could I ask this question in here and you could just delete my other thread ?

Is the only things I need to worry about at this first stage and trying to be one of the 2000 to get a place on the IEC is uploading my passport picture and my CV background ?
How do they ask the passport to be uploaded ? Is it in PDF Format ?
And do you actually upload your CV or do you just fill out there form with your School, job history etc ?
And then they take 48 hours to get back to you and only then you have to worry about payment and other documents etc

Thanks for any help, I really need it I'm panicking
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Also who is staying up for 24 hours ???
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:19 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris2222
christmasoompa Could I ask this question in here and you could just delete my other thread ?

Is the only things I need to worry about at this first stage and trying to be one of the 2000 to get a place on the IEC is uploading my passport picture and my CV background ?
How do they ask the passport to be uploaded ? Is it in PDF Format ?
And do you actually upload your CV or do you just fill out there form with your School, job history etc ?
And then they take 48 hours to get back to you and only then you have to worry about payment and other documents etc

Thanks for any help, I really need it I'm panicking
Step-by-Step Application Guide
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e_demande.aspx

Passport photo - PDF for me last year

CV - PDF for me last year
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Rustycro81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

So i'm reading now that the IEC has been opened up to Brits for a second year (how nice). My question is, having completed my first year whilst I was a spritely 31 year old (turned 31 in Canada) am I no longer eligible to apply for my second now that I'm a decrepit 32 year old. I'm reading in some places that the age limit for brits is now 35 ? Though the CIC website begs to differ.

Confused.com

Thanks, Russell
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:32 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rustycro81
Hi there,

So i'm reading now that the IEC has been opened up to Brits for a second year (how nice). My question is, having completed my first year whilst I was a spritely 31 year old (turned 31 in Canada) am I no longer eligible to apply for my second now that I'm a decrepit 32 year old. I'm reading in some places that the age limit for brits is now 35 ? Though the CIC website begs to differ.

Confused.com

Thanks, Russell
If you are an Irish Citizen then you can apply between 18-35.

If you are a British Citizen then you can apply between 18-30.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

JonAlcock is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondered if anyone knows what it means when it says "category" in terms of the quota being filled on Step 3:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e_demande.aspx

And I know it's a long shot but can anyone remember exactly what info was needed for IEC application, don't want to get any nasty surprises and miss out filling the form in before the quota is filled.

And yeh Chris, I'm thinking it could be a 24 hour day for me too lol!

Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Rustycro81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Wonder what makes the Irish so special.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rustycro81
Thanks. Wonder what makes the Irish so special.
they also get a two year visa and their quota is meant to be 10,000 this year (source: moving2canada) so I ask myself the same question considering the UK obviously couldn't be bothered to negotiate a higher quota/increase age etc - I have noticed with France, Australia and New Zealand their agreements with Canada are better then ours - sucks to be British!

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 9th 2013 at 9:04 pm. Reason: Source included
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
they also get a two year visa and their quota is meant to be 10,000 this year (source: moving2canada) so I ask myself the same question considering the UK obviously couldn't be bothered to negotiate a higher quota/increase age etc - I have noticed with France, Australia and New Zealand their agreements with Canada are better then ours - sucks to be British!
It's a reciprocal agreement, between the two governments so you can't just blame the UK one! So the same number of Canadians can come here, also up to age 31, etc.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, Does anyone know at what point you would need to submit your police check?

This December opening has totally caught me off guard as I was expecting January at the earliest.

Also how do you know when they open on the day? I'm assuming people will be rubbing their F5 buttons to nubs. But where does it actually say OPEN lol. And I guess you can create a Compass account until that moment too.

cheers
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by JonAlcock
Just wondered if anyone knows what it means when it says "category" in terms of the quota being filled
As it says, it means the quota (for that round) is filled.

And there's a list of required docs on the page you gave a link too!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by CRAY
Hey guys, Does anyone know at what point you would need to submit your police check?

This December opening has totally caught me off guard as I was expecting January at the earliest.
It was always Dec in the past, last year was much later than usual.

As for the police cert, read the Application Step by Step Guide on the website and all will become clear......

HTH.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:37 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's a reciprocal agreement, between the two governments so you can't just blame the UK one! So the same number of Canadians can come here, also up to age 31, etc.
So how come the Irish get a better visa then they would of negotiated it... Or are you saying the UK might of asked for this and the Canadian government said no. Would love to know the answer to this.

Believe it of not I checked out the home office web page and there were 5,500 WHV visas for Canadian citizens to come to the UK compared to 5,350 (ok only a difference of 150) but still hardly reciprocal..!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:40 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by CRAY
I'm assuming people will be rubbing their F5 buttons to nubs.

I'm guessing F5 refreshes a page..????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.