IEC 2014

Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

LittleMuth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Hopefully they let some of us know before they bugger off on holliday!^

Originally Posted by Divvym1
*off topic*

does any1 else ever wonder what siouxie looks like? i bet she is a straight up 10 !!!
Or maybe she's actually a small bird? That would be a twist.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Those who were successful in Round 2 and had participated in Round 1 but weren't successful...

Did you simply sign in to your previously registered kompass account and pick up where you left off?

I managed to register and got to stage 4
8 minutes in and it wouldn't let me select "working holiday" category informing me they program wasn't open.

I presume it was over so quick because a number of people simply had to sign in and essentially just press submit?

I'm trying to establish if my progress will have been saved?

Thanks just now,

David
Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
*off topic*

does any1 else ever wonder what siouxie looks like? i bet she is a straight up 10 !!!
Old Dec 21st 2013, 11:58 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duffer500
Those who were successful in Round 2 and had participated in Round 1 but weren't successful...

Did you simply sign in to your previously registered kompass account and pick up where you left off?

I managed to register and got to stage 4
8 minutes in and it wouldn't let me select "working holiday" category informing me they program wasn't open.

I presume it was over so quick because a number of people simply had to sign in and essentially just press submit?

I'm trying to establish if my progress will have been saved?

Thanks just now,

David
Yes you can still log in to your "old" account.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:25 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
There are guidelines for the photo graph posted on the MYCIC website, ensure that you take the leaflet into shop when getting them taken. I would not use a camera at home.
You can use a passport photo, doesn't have to be digital along as you change the format and dpi!
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 6:53 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You can use a passport photo, doesn't have to be digital along as you change the format and dpi!
If you can meet the requirements in the link below then sure be my guest!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ospecs-cit.asp
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I've asked this already but I'm almost certain its not been answered:

During the Kompass stage, when it asks for previous participation details like previous WTN or application date, I have no idea what to put for these

I was on IEC in 2011, when the application was done by post, I have trawled any remaining paperwork and my emails and cannot find any mention of a WTN. And for application date, I have no idea what date that was either, date I sent away the forms, date London received the forms, date Paris received the forms or date I was given LOI.

Anybody here in the same boat and stuck with what to put?
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
If you can meet the requirements in the link below then sure be my guest!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ospecs-cit.asp

Of which I have and I read that information although we only need one photo not 2 and this is for citizenship...?!

On CIC on the question mark by the information where it will ask you to upload you photo it does say you can use a passport photo providing it meets the requirements

On a separate topic can anyone tell me what would be or have historically been the main reasons people being refused their visa at CIC stage (after all forms and documents have been submitted) and don't get their POE letter?

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 22nd 2013 at 8:48 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

Beckiwoo, there are various ways to be inadmissable, as CIC follows the standard immigration process. Also that's what the police check is for. Although if you have a clean check and you have already got that far, there can't be anything dramatic enough to get refused, realistically.

But to answer your question... criminal inadmissability would be the main one I reckon.

Last edited by MrFloyd; Dec 23rd 2013 at 1:29 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Hi all i've got my conditional acceptance letter and I'm onto the CIC bit.

Could anyone tell me do I need to create a new CIC account when applying again?
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 4:44 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by MrFloyd
Beckiwoo, there are various ways to be inadmissable, as CIC follows the standard immigration process. Also that's what the police check is for. Although if you have a clean check and you have already got that far, there can't be anything dramatic enough to get refused, realistically.

But to answer your question... criminal inadmissability would be the main one I reckon.
Thanks. I would also guess if they find stuff in your medical (for those that need them) would also be another reason.

I was just wondering how strict they are about forms, if something doesn't get signed for example; also if the photo is not as per their requirements - stuff like that?

I have a friend from last year, who was originally refused the visas as CIC had lost all of his uploads and forms online and the deadline had been and gone. Luckily he had taken screen prints to show he had uploaded the documents so he got through but it took awhile.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

After all that stressing and whinging, my CAL came through half an hour ago!

Like the last reply I got, after "dear Mr x" it's all blank. There's a subject line that identifies it as my CAL, but nothing else. Anyone else had this?
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

Originally Posted by LittleMuth
After all that stressing and whinging, my CAL came through half an hour ago!

Like the last reply I got, after "dear Mr x" it's all blank. There's a subject line that identifies it as my CAL, but nothing else. Anyone else had this?
Don't mind me while I continue to stress and whinge
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrFloyd
Don't mind me while I continue to stress and whinge
Haha! It's something to do though, isn't it?

And on the off chance that anyone has the same PDF problem as I did, it was down to using a third party PDf reader and not the Adobe one. A load of stress for a daft mistake!
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

OH's CAL arrived this evening...

Now onto CIC...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.