IEC 2014

Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nymeria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Thanks for the flexi cover tip! I'm going to look into it now!

Also, I've heard numerous methods on this, is a booked return flight required when you get to border control in Canada or will they let you in with just a one way?

I've been pricing up flights of when I'm looking to go and have found some reasonable ones but when I enter the return flight for a year to the day I want to arrive, there are no results for a return option.

What have others done who have already booked their flights? Will they turn you away if you don't have a return one booked?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nymeria

Also, I've heard numerous methods on this, is a booked return flight required when you get to border control in Canada or will they let you in with just a one way?

I've been pricing up flights of when I'm looking to go and have found some reasonable ones but when I enter the return flight for a year to the day I want to arrive, there are no results for a return option.

What have others done who have already booked their flights? Will they turn you away if you don't have a return one booked?

No return flight required.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

spike21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this page helpful:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...aq.aspx#nz1-13

Sounds like you could just book a train or bus ticket out of the country and then get it refunded when you enter the country. The question will be will they shorten your visa to the date that your outward ticket is booked for (like with the health insurance), or are they pretty relaxed about it?

Originally Posted by Nymeria

Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

We just got confirmation that the documents and payment have been received this morning. I'm hoping that with reference to their last message, they'll issue the letter in the next few days rather than making us wait another two weeks? Who knows!

Originally Posted by spike21
To follow this up, we received a message back from IEC:

"Thank you for your message.

Thank you for your message. Be advised that the International Experience Canada team is experiencing technical difficulties and is investigating the issue. 

Note that you will be informed of any updates to your application and that your eligibility assessment will not be affected from possible delays resulting from the technical issues. 

International Experience Canada"
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I found this page helpful:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...aq.aspx#nz1-13

Sounds like you could just book a train or bus ticket out of the country and then get it refunded when you enter the country. The question will be will they shorten your visa to the date that your outward ticket is booked for (like with the health insurance), or are they pretty relaxed about it?
That link is for the New Zealand IEC, not the UK one.

The UK one makes no mention of a requirement to have a return ticket or onward ticket booked.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Fair call The Kompass application conditions give yet another opinion, that you need an onward ticket or enough money in the bank to purchase one. That's at least for a NZ applicant, not sure if it's the same for the UK.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That link is for the New Zealand IEC, not the UK one.

The UK one makes no mention of a requirement to have a return ticket or onward ticket booked.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Fair call The Kompass application conditions give yet another opinion, that you need an onward ticket or enough money in the bank to purchase one. That's at least for a NZ applicant, not sure if it's the same for the UK.
That is why you are required to show proof of funds on the UK IEC.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

To confuse the matter even more, we still need to show proof of funds too! I'm just going to book some bus tickets just to be safe

That is why you are required to show proof of funds on the UK IEC.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:09 pm
Banned

To confuse the matter even more, we still need to show proof of funds too! I'm just going to book some bus tickets just to be safe
Ah - I see you are from NZ - hence the confusion!

Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Hehe, I'll try to take that in the best possible way :P

Ah - I see you are from NZ - hence the confusion!

Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:54 pm
Banned

Hehe, I'll try to take that in the best possible way :P
lol, I just meant that the majority of people who post in this thread are from the UK or Ireland - I was confused as to why you were posting info for NZ but now I know you are from there it explains it.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Lol, I know It sounded funnier the other way though

Yea, I posted here because there basically isn't any community of applicants in New Zealand and so it's hard to get any idea of what others are going through. Our 2500 person allocation is still sitting at 2027 places remaining and it opened on the 10th of Jan! That's probably just due to our smaller population I guess

lol, I just meant that the majority of people who post in this thread are from the UK or Ireland - I was confused as to why you were posting info for NZ but now I know you are from there it explains it.

Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:15 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Our 2500 person allocation is still sitting at 2027 places remaining and it opened on the 10th of Jan! That's probably just due to our smaller population I guess
I didn't think you guys had an allocation to be honest, I thought your were like Australia IEC.

I don't understand how some countries allocations don't close for months and others like the UK and Ireland go really quickly.

3-4 years ago the UK allocation stayed open for months when it was all on paper so what has changed then?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Sam91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! Newby here.

I have received an email from CIC to say that my application has been submitted and i have a new message ... But when I log in it still says open and have no new messages. been like this since about 7pm last night. I remember seeing. Post similar a few pages back but can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know if its normal for this to happen? Or what the message could be? I only submitted the application on Tuesday.

Thanks in Advance!

Sam
Old Feb 13th 2014, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

What a minefield insurance is.

The amount of little details that invalidates your insurance is insane.

I'm struggling to even find in the fine print whether repatriation is included or what the eligibility around work is. Its like reading Chinese or something lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.