IEC 2013

Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Stefred123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by domdisc
I'm getting pretty p.....ed off too, I'm going to lose my accommodation reservation in the next 5 days if my LOI doesn't show. I'm a first rounder and submitted on the 26th Feb.

Who/what is your MP you guys mention?
I'm still in the Uk btw.
i am in canada and just looked up my local mp for my area, they are the only ones who can get straight answers from immigration for your case, just look online to who your MP is and call them explaining your situation and they should look into it for you. If you have been waiting from the 26th my bets is yours has been approved too.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

domdisc is an unknown quantity at this point

What is an MP?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by domdisc
What is an MP?
Member of parliament - I didn't know that until this morning. And I've now sent sent him a giant letter... Guess it is what they are elected for
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

domdisc is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that's what it was but wanted to double check. Cheers!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

kcw21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if anyone has been having problems with their IEC CAL?

I was requested it as further information from CIC and then received a refusal letter yesterday because apparently I still hadn't sent it to them. I sent it twice, 2nd March and 26th March.

However I have noticed when emailing the CAL to print it out on my dad's computer that the letter comes through blank. And if I try to download it from Kompass on another computer it comes through blank. I am now wondering if there is a problem with the file and although I have sent it complete from this end, the same thing happens to CIC when they open it and it comes up blank??

Has anyone else had this problem?

Because that can be the only reason I think as to why CIC were requesting it again given I definitely sent it twice.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

JeffLeopard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stefred123
this is exactly what has happened to me, i was told to email [email protected] again explaining my situation which i have done but to be honest i don't think that is going to help much, can you send me the technical support address as i am going to email them too, honestly i have never in my life had to deal with such a bunch of monkeys! I have a letter from my MP stating that my visa was approved on the 3 April and am really considering driving down to the border tonight to try it only problem is i am on a visitor visa and scared i don't get back in
Soooooooooooo, it seems they have just the one address for everything. I followed the link I was given and it directed me to approach questions@ for technical support. Instead of doing that I went through the 'contact us' link and emailed the London office directly (using their web form). I got an automated reply which said they aim to respond within 28 days, which is better than no response at all :-P

I'm here on implied visitor status and don't fancy risking a trip across the border, just in case I end up stuck in Buffalo.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JeffLeopard
It's worth noting that he also told me the applications were NOT being processed inside Canada. I'm not sure if this correlates to what others have been told.
Well I received a refusal letter on April 7th, a week before my time schedule on sending them documents was up (April 15th) and it came from Vegreville, Alberta. Which coincidentally is all of 2 hours from where I plan to go in Canada (Camrose, Alberta!)

However I am fighting it as it is not fair for them to refuse me before the time they allow is up as it seems I have been having problems with them getting my CAL (as in previous post above)
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeffLeopard
I'm here on implied visitor status and don't fancy risking a trip across the border, just in case I end up stuck in Buffalo.
Tricky one, as you shouldnt leave Canada on implied status. When should you hear back, did you apply to extend recently? When does your current visitor visa expire?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Stefred123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Tricky one, as you shouldnt leave Canada on implied status. When should you hear back, did you apply to extend recently? When does your current visitor visa expire?
im not on implied status i am on a visitor visa as i left the country and reentered when my visa ran out, still unsure though
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

JeffLeopard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I applied to extend my status as a temporary resident the day before my work permit (under my first IEC participation) expired, as CIC had advised me to do. This was over 4 weeks ago and that is still in process too, LOL, hence the implied status.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stefred123
im not on implied status i am on a visitor visa as i left the country and reentered when my visa ran out, still unsure though
Christmasoompa was responding to JeffLeopard, not to you
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Berzerker is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone heard anything from the 3rd round of visa's? I had payment verified on the 13th and still nothing since.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Please can someone help with my CAL issue? Otherwise I'm gunna keep being rejected from CIC no matter how many times I apply. I have until the 15th to send it.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

British Gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear I have been trying the helpline number but it is not working as I am not in Canada at the moment. What number are people in the UK calling? Is it one for a London office? If any of you have had success in calling from the UK please share the number! Thanks!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kcw21
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems with their IEC CAL?

I was requested it as further information from CIC and then received a refusal letter yesterday because apparently I still hadn't sent it to them. I sent it twice, 2nd March and 26th March.

However I have noticed when emailing the CAL to print it out on my dad's computer that the letter comes through blank. And if I try to download it from Kompass on another computer it comes through blank. I am now wondering if there is a problem with the file and although I have sent it complete from this end, the same thing happens to CIC when they open it and it comes up blank??

Has anyone else had this problem?

Because that can be the only reason I think as to why CIC were requesting it again given I definitely sent it twice.
When you say coming up blank do you mean it doesn't show your name and reference number? So it just looks like a blank email. I had this issue when I downloaded my CAL from Google Chrome. Have you tried using any other browsers to download it and save it? And different computers? It sounds like whatever program you are using is corrupted the file, so that the details don't show up as a field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.