IEC 2013

Old May 4th 2013, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Gillsmac
I know when i uplaoded my receipt i didnt get any confirmation email. Thats was on the 5th april, still awaiting LOI
I uploaded my further docs and didn't get a confirmation but in the end I got my POE
Old May 4th 2013, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

MJS88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm thrilled to say i got my POE yesterday (3rd May)

I was a 2nd rounder.

Submitted on the 8th April and emailed CIC on the 30th April.(I emailed the Re-london..... etc email address as posted on this forum)

I put all the relevant info (Name, WTN etc) and wrote that while I had only waited 3 weeks I was aware of the glitch on their system and was enquiring whether or not my POE was ready as I was a quite straightforward application (No convictions, no additional info requested)

I would advise anyone who is in a similar situation to email them and see if your POE has been approved too.

So glad i can finally start moving ahead with the job hunt and actually planning the move.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Old May 4th 2013, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gillsmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Divvym1
I uploaded my further docs and didn't get a confirmation but in the end I got my POE

Hopefully wont be long till i get mine
Old May 4th 2013, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

filter is an unknown quantity at this point

For the POE does it matter if you get it through your Kompass account or your MyCIC one? I got a message through the latter
Old May 5th 2013, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Got my POE eventually woohoo!
Great news!

Someone in a similar situation to ours had their application refused. Gutted for them but extremely happy for us!
Old May 5th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question: is an internet banking print-off sufficient to meet the proof of fund requirement? Or should I go to the bank?
Old May 5th 2013, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Lukasgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hullo.

I think i'm the only person that doesn't know what LOI and POE are. I guess LOI is letter of intro. What are they and which one do i receive first after submitting everything to myCIC and getting their confirmation in my messages? Have been waiting a month.
Old May 5th 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
Quick question: is an internet banking print-off sufficient to meet the proof of fund requirement? Or should I go to the bank?
Bank is the safest as online receipts dont have your name on them. That million dollar balance on the receipt could be anybody's
Old May 5th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Bank is the safest as online receipts dont have your name on them. That million dollar balance on the receipt could be anybody's
Thanks!
Old May 6th 2013, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

carolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by heyshonaaa
Thanks for your help, Carol!
So, I take it Travel Insurance wouldn't be a problem, instead of Health Insurance? Because I am very confused between the two
Hi Shona,

I think there the same, the travel insurance cover's for health etc.
I know canada's health system is kinda the same as ours, but paying for it is different. I think if you got travel insurance youd have to pay for prescriptions etc.

Perhaps there is someone else on here could could confirm the difference etc??
Old May 6th 2013, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So last night I was at work doing my usual Port of Entry work when an Irish citizen was referred into Immigration. He was applying for a work permit on the IEC. He had his LOI letter with him. During the process I asked him for his proof of funds and his health/insurance coverage as mandated by the IEC programme. He then produced them and was issued a 2 year work permit.
During the process he commented that he had read numerous posts on this thread about people who were asking about this and was it really required.
He made comment about a certain poster who he assumed to be a CBSA officer telling people that if they showed up at his POE without this he would have no qualms about sending them back and that he did not want to risk this as he already had been accepted for a job.
I didnt have the heart to tell him that poster was me
So for those thinking of not producing proof of funds or the medical/insurance coverage you just never know who you will get when wanting that all important work permit
Old May 6th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Paulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant future

So I thought I'd leave a lil update before I flew to Canada.

I applied for my IEC back in Feb and was lucky to get accepted on the first round. On the 7th March I got my LOI. I promptly booked my flight to Calgary for May 12th.

I went out to canada at the end of March for vacation and was lucky enough to have an interview for a job which was very positive and was informed before I returned to the UK that I would be offered a job at the company (under the condition I received my work permit on entry to Canada).

Upon my return, I went to work and handed in my resignation - best day of the year so far (even better than the day I got my LOI)...

Last week I was sent my official letter of Employment which is such a load off my mind!

So now I have 6 Days to sell a car and sort out my banks/tax/pension! Still exciting times though!!!

Let you all know what happens at the border!
Old May 6th 2013, 3:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So last night I was at work doing my usual Port of Entry work when an Irish citizen was referred into Immigration. He was applying for a work permit on the IEC. He had his LOI letter with him. During the process I asked him for his proof of funds and his health/insurance coverage as mandated by the IEC programme. He then produced them and was issued a 2 year work permit.
During the process he commented that he had read numerous posts on this thread about people who were asking about this and was it really required.
He made comment about a certain poster who he assumed to be a CBSA officer telling people that if they showed up at his POE without this he would have no qualms about sending them back and that he did not want to risk this as he already had been accepted for a job.
I didnt have the heart to tell him that poster was me
So for those thinking of not producing proof of funds or the medical/insurance coverage you just never know who you will get when wanting that all important work permit
Perfect!

Old May 6th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Adminphobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone else having problems with the MyCIC account.
Having paid and been accepted conditionally on the 2013 scheme I am now finding it extremely frustrating that I cannot seem to progress my application.
I seem to be locked out of my IEC account and my MyCIC account with neither side responding to emails.
Old May 6th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lukasgeo
Hullo.

I think i'm the only person that doesn't know what LOI and POE are. I guess LOI is letter of intro. What are they and which one do i receive first after submitting everything to myCIC and getting their confirmation in my messages? Have been waiting a month.
LOI and POE are the same thing - in previous years, your letter of intro was called the LOI, but this year they've decided to rename it as POE for some reason

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.