IEC 2013

Old May 14th 2013, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Paulsumner84
Well, I'm finally in!

I arrived at Manchester Airport on the 12th May and went to check in, obviously my bags needed to be re-organised at the desk to avoid overweight charges but all went smoothly (with Air Transat). Flight was actually really good, I flew transat a few years back and vowed never to fly them again, however they have re-fitted their planes and I have been converted.

After touching down in Calgary (15 min early - 13:30) I made my way to boarder control which was full due to 3 flights disembarking at the same time - so I ended up near the back of the queue...by the time it was my turn at the desk, I was the last person to go through - but the bonus being that the officer didnt ask too many questions, and once I mentioned IEC he was more than happy to fob me off to the immigration office.

So when i got to the immigration office (just past border control desk) I was, of course, at the back of anther long queue. The speed of the queue meant I was there for 2hrs (from disembarking the plane,getting through the boarder control and finally getting to see the immigration officer).

Sods law that the immigration officer I got was of course a british guy (not the one on this forum). As i made my way to the desk I think he could tell i was shattered and not in the most jovial mood. I got ALL my documents out and handed him my passport and LOI. He took one look at my LOI - typed some stuff in to the computer asked me how tall I was and issued me with a 1 year open work permit...didnt look at any of my insurance/proof of funds or ask me about my return ticket or what my plans were...all over in less than 10 min! I AM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL! smooth process and a happy customer!

My advice - fly to Calgary! beware of the the Vancouver Boarder officers (joke)!
That's great news! I'm flying Manchester- Calgary. Not till October though can I just ask, did you book a one way flight? Thanks.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Hadn't emailed CIC yet, but had an email just now saying that there was a message in MyCIC account.

And they've reissued my POE, with the correct date (14/5/2014 yay!) without me even having to ask
Old May 14th 2013, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

travel2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
I think a couple of people have had payment requests but not many. My girlfriend hasn't yet
Originally Posted by jennylindsaygray
I'm still waiting. Got the reserves quota email on the 9th of March. Feels like years ago! Keep up hope though! My WTN was in the 7000s so I think I will be one of the last to hear anything.

As far as I know, 2 people on this forum have been accepted to the payment part of the process from the waiting category. I believe their WTNs were in the 5000s though. We'll have to be done in batches as I expect there will be drop outs and failed applications from the waiting folk too!
Originally Posted by jonnycross
Hey guys from what I have worked out people in the 6400 to 6700 have been brought forward to pay. They had 10 days to pay which was Friday. I'm still a long way off, I'm 75xx.
I was a little confused by the reply I received on my Kompass account, as I did send them a screenshot of my original WTN which was 5***, they eventually replied to say that they were aware of this, my 2nd ~WTN was 6***, and this is the number that is reference on my Kompass messages.

Thank you all for getting back to me, glad you are staying positive, and please let us know when you here something....and as always good luck to everyone that is still patiently waiting
Old May 14th 2013, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paulsumner84
Well, I'm finally in!

I arrived at Manchester Airport on the 12th May and went to check in, obviously my bags needed to be re-organised at the desk to avoid overweight charges but all went smoothly (with Air Transat). Flight was actually really good, I flew transat a few years back and vowed never to fly them again, however they have re-fitted their planes and I have been converted.

After touching down in Calgary (15 min early - 13:30) I made my way to boarder control which was full due to 3 flights disembarking at the same time - so I ended up near the back of the queue...by the time it was my turn at the desk, I was the last person to go through - but the bonus being that the officer didnt ask too many questions, and once I mentioned IEC he was more than happy to fob me off to the immigration office.

So when i got to the immigration office (just past border control desk) I was, of course, at the back of anther long queue. The speed of the queue meant I was there for 2hrs (from disembarking the plane,getting through the boarder control and finally getting to see the immigration officer).

Sods law that the immigration officer I got was of course a british guy (not the one on this forum). As i made my way to the desk I think he could tell i was shattered and not in the most jovial mood. I got ALL my documents out and handed him my passport and LOI. He took one look at my LOI - typed some stuff in to the computer asked me how tall I was and issued me with a 1 year open work permit...didnt look at any of my insurance/proof of funds or ask me about my return ticket or what my plans were...all over in less than 10 min! I AM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL! smooth process and a happy customer!

My advice - fly to Calgary! beware of the the Vancouver Boarder officers (joke)!
I must of got lucky as I landed at Vancouver on a Saturday morning. I was the only one in line and was not asked any questions by the border officer (he didn't even ask to see proof of funds or insurance); I had my IEC 1 year work permit granted within 10 minutes.
Old May 15th 2013, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

tapemeasures is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adminphobe
Thanks Kangaloori for your help! I'm back on the visa bandwagon...oh how I haven't missed it - but lucky to be in with the opportunity so shouldn't complain.

As per your instruction on the MyCiC eligibility questions I put my Country of Residence as England and got through to the IEC forms. However now I am filling them out I have some additional questions. (Note I have lived in Canada for the last 8 months on the IEC 2012)

1. Do I continue to state my country of residence as England in line with my response to the Eligibility Questions?

2. If yes to the above, do I ignore the fact I have lived in Canada for the last 8 months with respect to my answer to 'Previous Countries of Residence"? ie does being in Canada on the IEC not count as residence in the true sense of the word. Or should I put that I am currently in Canada now that I have accessed the IEC form?

3. 'Country Where Applying" - Ideally I want my mailing and residential addresses to be where I am living in Canada, but if I am not mentioning the fact I am in Canada then clearly that makes no sense!

4. I have put unknown for employment even though I will likely carry on in my current job - just not 100% sure as am getting a little bored of it!

5. If I put my current employment down (which is in Canada) then obviously that shows I am in Canada which means I need to put my country of residence in Canada anyway!

Basically why did I have to say my country of residence was England just to get through to the IEC forms when you are allowed to apply from Canada. This has made me second guess all my responses!

Thanks in advance....after having barely posted last time around...this time it appears I am limping towards the goal line with much assistance required!
I'm in exactly the same position right now... what a load of bull. I got my conditional acceptance in March but didn't want to rush into my re-application for this second year (issues with the Canadian boyfriend etc). If you've already completed your app please throw me some tips! As if I wasn't already worried enough, having to second guess myself just makes the whole process worse.
Old May 15th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Berzerker is an unknown quantity at this point

When I complete the CIC Application I stated I was currently in Canada and my Status as Other then in the other box put IEC. It asks for your current job etc in Canada so that why I was truthful. Shouldn't do any harm
Old May 15th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Paulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant future

That's great news! I'm flying Manchester- Calgary. Not till October though can I just ask, did you book a one way flight? Thanks.
Yup one way on air transat
Old May 15th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

mjball is an unknown quantity at this point

LOI letter received! Job in canada secured! Does this mean i'm good to go? There's no secret little things i haven't thought about? no extra forms they want me to fill in? Only thing that worries me is immigration assessment and final decision still say pending on my kompass account... why would that be?

I fell out of love with the thought of going to canada for a while after what happened in march, patience was the key.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mjball
LOI letter received! Job in canada secured! Does this mean i'm good to go? There's no secret little things i haven't thought about? no extra forms they want me to fill in? Only thing that worries me is immigration assessment and final decision still say pending on my kompass account... why would that be?

I fell out of love with the thought of going to canada for a while after what happened in march, patience was the key.
As long as you have your proof of funds and insurance you are good to go! Nothing else to do except pack! it doesn't matter that your kompass account still says pending
Old May 16th 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

mjball is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you have your proof of funds and insurance you are good to go! Nothing else to do except pack! it doesn't matter that your kompass account still says pending

That is great news! Then I bid you all a fond fairwell and a many thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:03 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Proof of funds....

Is this in the form of a statement from a Canadian Bank Account?

Or a statement from your own bank account? Are there any time restrictions on the date of the statement?
Old May 16th 2013, 11:28 am
Just Joined

jenincanada2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help with my question about SIN numbers?

We will be arriving in Halifax and plan to have an 'admin day' to get our SIN's, set up a bank account etc. However, the address we would like to use as our 'permanent address' is a friends place in Toronto.

Does anyone know if there will be a problem with applying for a SIN / bank account in one province and having them registered to another?

Thanks!
Old May 16th 2013, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Proof of funds....

Is this in the form of a statement from a Canadian Bank Account?

Or a statement from your own bank account? Are there any time restrictions on the date of the statement?
What does the IEC FAQ say????
Proof of Funds

What do I need to show as proof of funds upon arrival in Canada?

On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).
Old May 16th 2013, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Berzerker is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone still waiting for their POI?
Old May 16th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Paulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant futurePaulsumner84 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
What does the IEC FAQ say????
Proof of Funds

What do I need to show as proof of funds upon arrival in Canada?

On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).
Do you think they should stop people who don't read things from coming into Canada?....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.