FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause

Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause

Originally Posted by lydiaparr
I know thats what gets me.!!!
They must of known for a long time that this was what they were going to do.
Why mess with people like this.? why didn`t they announce it 3m ago.? It still would of been gutting but at least we wouldn't of spent hundreds of pounds not to mention man hours stressing over every tiny thing to get the application right.
I agree CIC could and should have announced this earlier. But then you need to ask, when did they themselves make the decision?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:42 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
I agree CIC could and should have announced this earlier. But then you need to ask, when did they themselves make the decision?
This must be a result of the recent court decision requiring the CIC to process files they had planned to send back and refund.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:48 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This must be a result of the recent court decision requiring the CIC to process files they had planned to send back and refund.
I agree - they have had to slam the brakes on their plans and knuckle down and try and clear the blooming backlog.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

When i spoke with the development agency last week, they were coy on the subject of PNP and would only say some big changes were coming. I suspect that FSW1 as we knew it wont come back, maybe a provincial version will appear.
Reading back over the press releases and Mr Kennys speaches this is not really a shock, they dont want people coming in without jobs, so address the backlog, flood canada with unemployed immigrants (in theory, though most of us are already here on twp's) then make LMOs faster and TWPs faster, then reduce CEC requirements to 1 year.
PNPs can decide how to deal with their own quota, skills, employment requirements etc... Then the buck is passed from federal govenment to provincial for any screw ups, delays etc...
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I agree - they have had to slam the brakes on their plans and knuckle down and try and clear the blooming backlog.
Not really, there were only 900 cases, it wasn't a class action suit and the changes to the regulations (Canada Gazette tomorrow) will eliminate about 280K of the pre 2008 applicants where no decision has been made.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause

nothing is clear, we will see the future
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

*If* this is intended to be a switch towards provincial driven requirements through PNP, I wonder how quickly the PNP streams will change to react?

You've got to assume there has at least been a little coordination here.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Anyway, I suspect there will be more fine detail to be revealed.

I'll come back to this after the weekend where everything should have been published.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scribe123
Anyway, I suspect there will be more fine detail to be revealed.

I'll come back to this after the weekend where everything should have been published.
I guess others will too but keep your eyes peeled in the coming months given this quote from the press release on that CIC page:

Originally Posted by CIC page
Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siphorous
I guess others will too but keep your eyes peeled in the coming months given this quote from the press release on that CIC page:
I guess that hints at giving us a bit of notice as to what the rules will be in advance of the new year (assuming they don't slip the timeline).
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, at least I get my weekend back.

No checking, and rechecking, and rechecking, and rechecking, and rechecking, and rechecking, and rechecking of the application before we package it up and then unpackage it to check again before we send it off
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries

Absolutely concur to your point that the court case is changing the dynamics of the whole FSW program.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Although I sympathise with your situation, why did you send an application in for 1st July when you had no idea if you would be eligible?

Even without this pause, the list or points system could have changed?
Dont worry I dont feel sorry for myself either but I think that they could have at least announced it a week ago.

They MUST have known by then, they are (word)

I sent it in because it takes at least a week from here. I checked all the courier companies and thats the way it was. I just sent it a day before this, because I was worried my quota would be filled.

And I know it was a gamble but anyways, Thats the way the wind blows but I really dont like carelessness like that.

Cheers,
f.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by floatsy

I sent it in because it takes at least a week from here. I checked all the courier companies and thats the way it was. I just sent it a day before this, because I was worried my quota would be filled.

And I know it was a gamble but....
Exactly.
The worldwide competition for the limited spaces in each noc makes it a race for people to get their forms in.

Our forms were booked to leave thismorning....
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

This doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow, but if you delve into the political side I can see why they left it late to announce even if they knew what they wanted to do in advance.

Opposition parties wait in the shadows with knives just waiting for the government to make a u-turn or announce a messed up policy.

If they knew their intent months ago, there will be a good reason it has only just been announced (some 'i' to dot, or some 't' to cross). If they had rushed this through a month or so ago and it wasn't well thought out they would have been crucified by the opposition.

This way they are still being crucified, but by a bunch of foreigners and why should they care about that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.