British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fsw-investor-6-month-pause-763233/)

PMM Jun 28th 2012 7:04 pm

FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause

Hi

As reported in the Province yesterday, Kenney announced that the FSW and Investor Immigrant programs will be "paused" until January/2013. FSW2 will not be effected, nor will PHD.
Here is the press release: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-06-28.asp

alcat2010 Jun 28th 2012 8:02 pm

Re: FSW & Investor 6 Month Pause

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 10144678)
Hi

As reported in the Province yesterday, Kenney announced that the FSW and Investor Immigrant programs will be "paused" until January/2013. FSW2 will not be effected, nor will PHD.
Here is the press release: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-06-28.asp

Holy sh#t.....:eek:

Is this set in stone then? ... do we now have to put our fsw application in the freezer for 6months?? ....

el_richo Jun 28th 2012 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by alcat2010 (Post 10144762)
Holy sh#t.....:eek:

Is this set in stone then? ... do we now have to put our fsw application in the freezer for 6months?? ....

Yes you do. Then wait to see if you're on the list all over again probably.

Bummer

Although maybe this makes your decisions a little easier?

christmasoompa Jun 28th 2012 8:14 pm

I'd just spotted that and come to post it, but you beat me to it! Thx PMM.

What a shame for all those that have been gathering paperwork and spending money on police checks etc ready to apply in July.

scottyxx Jun 28th 2012 8:15 pm

My heart goes out to all the almosts. Spending all that money, wasting all that time...it must be heartbreaking.

Canuck Fan Jun 28th 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10144788)
I'd just spotted that and come to post it, but you beat me to it! Thx PMM.

What a shame for all those that have been gathering paperwork and spending money on police checks etc ready to apply in July.

I done what you suggested too. I raced around and paid for a surveyor to come value my house so i could submit evidence of equity in my house to bump up proof of funds. Oh well, i think i need a few :beer: but unfortunately I have 3 long shifts ahead.

christmasoompa Jun 28th 2012 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan (Post 10144812)
I done what you suggested too. I raced around and paid for a surveyor to come value my house so i could submit evidence of equity in my house to bump up proof of funds. Oh well, i think i need a few :beer: but unfortunately I have 3 long shifts ahead.

:eek: Why did you pay for a surveyor?! You didn't need to do that, a free estate agents valuation would have done!

Maybe not a beer just now if you're about to go to work, but definitely have lots when you're done! Good luck with whatever you decide to do next, whether it's waiting until Jan or pursuing another visa route - there are plenty of other options, so don't give up.

:)

alcat2010 Jun 28th 2012 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10144788)

Wow... I've been at work today and busy with the kids since got home (oh ok I've been watching the football too...) I've also went over/checking our forms with a fine toothcomb.. I quickly looked on here and saw this confirmation..

That's a shocker. We weren't expecting this at all...

We will have to phone the courier and cancel arranged pick up..(saves us £50 I suppose)..
Im presuming my wife will have to re-do her ielts, get new police checks...

As el richo says... bummer. But also, aye its a bit of a decision made/taken out our hands........ for now anyway.

Cheers to everyone who helped with any daft questions I had ... :unsure:

Canuck Fan Jun 28th 2012 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10144817)
:eek: Why did you pay for a surveyor?! You didn't need to do that, a free estate agents valuation would have done!

Maybe not a beer just now if you're about to go to work, but definitely have lots when you're done! Good luck with whatever you decide to do next, whether it's waiting until Jan or pursuing another visa route - there are plenty of other options, so don't give up.

:)

Its a stipulation of 'shared ownership' if wishing to sell or buy more of a property, which i was considering (and kill 2 birds with one stone), but I thought it was more of an official valuation too as I expected CIC to be very particular.

Porkis Jun 28th 2012 9:13 pm

Unreal .. I'm lost for words .. what a complete shambles the Canadian immigration system is, and no doubt still will be even after this six month pause :(

alcat2010 Jun 28th 2012 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Porkis (Post 10144889)
Unreal .. I'm lost for words .. what a complete shambles the Canadian immigration system is, and no doubt still will be even after this six month pause :(

Ha, I know.. but I'm sure they'l be a smooth running, well oiled machine come january!...

On one hand I'm shocked, after 4years of trying to emigrate to Canada ive never known a complete stop / pause on an intake.. did not see it coming...
But on the other hand, I'm really not all that surprised. It sums up this while shambles of a process...

Oh well, its not meant to be at the moment...

januarymix Jun 28th 2012 9:27 pm

I cannot believe they would not just announce this earlier rather than have us all pay and prepare and in my case send the pack off.

I hope they send it back, how horrible of them to not just announce it earlier. What would they have lost - what is it with them? Is that a particular cultural trait. Gosh.

lydiaparr Jun 28th 2012 10:01 pm

I know thats what gets me.!!!
They must of known for a long time that this was what they were going to do.
Why mess with people like this.? why didn`t they announce it 3m ago.? It still would of been gutting but at least we wouldn't of spent hundreds of pounds not to mention man hours stressing over every tiny thing to get the application right.

peeshpie Jun 28th 2012 10:21 pm

bummer - a large g & t down the hatch...
I had all my evidence gathered including my 89 yr old uncle sending me proof of his canadian citizenship....i didn't go as far as completing the application form in full as I sensed that no news wasn't good news in that cic have waited until the 11th hour to let prospective applicants know their plans....booo!! I love Canada so I won't be giving up that easily....but i do feel a little deflated...:(

Waggle Jun 28th 2012 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10144911)
I cannot believe they would not just announce this earlier rather than have us all pay and prepare and in my case send the pack off.

I hope they send it back, how horrible of them to not just announce it earlier. What would they have lost - what is it with them? Is that a particular cultural trait. Gosh.

Although I sympathise with your situation, why did you send an application in for 1st July when you had no idea if you would be eligible?

Even without this pause, the list or points system could have changed?