Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jul 7th 2016, 4:13 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by mahdawg
That's what I thought, but just didn't want to second guess the email without confirmation. Thanks

This is what my letter stated:

'2 PR Card sized photos (only bring photos if you do not have one of the photos attached to your printed COPR)'
Old Jul 7th 2016, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

'2 PR Card sized photos (only bring photos if you do not have one of the photos attached to your printed COPR)'
See neither my letter nor email says say that, although my actual COPR does have the photo stuck to one of the copies.

I assume it's just a minor mistake on their end
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:17 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

See neither my letter nor email says say that, although my actual COPR does have the photo stuck to one of the copies.

I assume it's just a minor mistake on their end

where is your landing office? Which city?

Mine was from Vancouver so maybe they do things differently where ever you go
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

where is your landing office? Which city?

Mine was from Vancouver so maybe they do things differently where ever you go
Good old Etobicoke. I think my friend did theirs here relatively recently so will ask them and then if needs be give the folks at CIC a call.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:06 pm
Bex in the city

Good old Etobicoke. I think my friend did theirs here relatively recently so will ask them and then if needs be give the folks at CIC a call.

I had to google that as I had no idea where it was.

yeah speak to your friend or if you can find a number for that office, give them a call
Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

I had to google that as I had no idea where it was.

yeah speak to your friend or if you can find a number for that office, give them a call

Apologies, Toronto -ish. Let us know if you find out about the Washington trip
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

carolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud of

So I just spoke to CIC and asked about my application... there response was that it had been approved and I should be receiving my PPR and COPR request fairly shortly.
So that's great news. I'm now just wondering why they haven't sent the PPR/COPR yet. The cic lady said if you haven't received it by 29th November, give us a call back........ 29TH NOVEMBER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'll call if I haven't had it by the end of next week haha

But apparently the application is approved... even though I am scared to celebrate until we have the papers in my hand.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolcanada
So I just spoke to CIC and asked about my application... there response was that it had been approved and I should be receiving my PPR and COPR request fairly shortly.
So that's great news. I'm now just wondering why they haven't sent the PPR/COPR yet. The cic lady said if you haven't received it by 29th November, give us a call back........ 29TH NOVEMBER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'll call if I haven't had it by the end of next week haha

But apparently the application is approved... even though I am scared to celebrate until we have the papers in my hand.
I would say that your application has been approved if she said it was. I've seen quite a few people on the other forum ring and get the same news but still have to wait a week until they get the actual PPR request. On the other forum, I don't believe anyone with a January AOR has gotten PPR this week, so I assume they release them in batches or they're worried about the possibility of the postal strike.

So all good you should get it next week
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

carolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud of

I would say that your application has been approved if she said it was. I've seen quite a few people on the other forum ring and get the same news but still have to wait a week until they get the actual PPR request. On the other forum, I don't believe anyone with a January AOR has gotten PPR this week, so I assume they release them in batches or they're worried about the possibility of the postal strike.

So all good you should get it next week
Thanks Mahdawg... I think I May have a drink or two to celebrate tonight then
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:40 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by carolcanada
Thanks Mahdawg... I think I May have a drink or two to celebrate tonight then

Congrats
Old Jul 8th 2016, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats
Thank you :-) :-) :-)
Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:17 am
Bex in the city

So I am having a worry moment right now.

My letter for landing at CIC in Vancouver stated the above so does this mean if ONE of my photos that i sent in with the PPR is attached to my COPR then i don't need to get any other photos?

it sounds stupid I know, but after looking at other forums people seemed to take an extra set of photos
Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

So I am having a worry moment right now.

My letter for landing at CIC in Vancouver stated the above so does this mean if ONE of my photos that i sent in with the PPR is attached to my COPR then i don't need to get any other photos?

it sounds stupid I know, but after looking at other forums people seemed to take an extra set of photos
I spoke to my friend yesterday (as our form says we do need to bring the photos). They did stick one of her photos on the blank COPR form, so just to be safe, I'm going to get my photo taken again
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:12 pm
Bex in the city

I spoke to my friend yesterday (as our form says we do need to bring the photos). They did stick one of her photos on the blank COPR form, so just to be safe, I'm going to get my photo taken again
I just don't understand why they take the 2 photos for PPR and then want another 2 photos.

If I had known this then I would have got 4 photos done at the time.

I take it both their COPR forms did not have photos on then?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I just don't understand why they take the 2 photos for PPR and then want another 2 photos.

If I had known this then I would have got 4 photos done at the time.

I take it both their COPR forms did not have photos on then?
Oh I know, it confuses me as well. They had the same as us, one COPR form with a photo and then the other one is blank.

Tbh, I'm still not convinced it's necessary. But for the sake of a tenner I'll begrudgingly accept their demands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.