Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Becki, when we were thinking of shipping a bit more stuff from the UK (about 5 boxes so I think similar-ish to what you're planning) my husband went down to this office:

CBSA Metro Vancouver Office Relocation

to talk to the CBSA officers there.

As I have said in a previous post (not on this thread but one which I've think you've seen) based on that conversation, we did ship some extra boxes and got them stamped off by CBSA on a B4 when we came back in via YVR in March 2015 (in my husband's name, 5 years after he had landed). There was absolutely no issue probably as we had clearly shipped nothing of value (the goods arrived separately via the shipper a few weeks later).

S

PS: I expect that office is still current but do check if you decide to go down there (I just pulled the address off an old email).

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 29th 2016 at 11:42 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 12:24 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Very good question as you will be dealing with CIC officers so Im not sure how that is going to work. You could always go to the local CBSA after doing the landing and get the B4 done and present your list of goods to follow.
It might be unreasonable to expect CIC officers to do any CBSA work
Let us know how you go on so that others might know what to expect.

Ok thank you. I will look for the local office and give them a call to understand what I need to do.

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Becki, when we were thinking of shipping a bit more stuff from the UK (about 5 boxes so I think similar-ish to what you're planning) my husband went down to this office:

As I have said in a previous post (not on this thread but one which I've think you've seen) based on that conversation, we did ship some extra boxes and got them stamped off by CBSA on a B4 when we came back in via YVR in March 2015 (in my husband's name, 5 years after he had landed). There was absolutely no issue probably as we had clearly shipped nothing of value (the goods arrived separately via the shipper a few weeks later).

S

PS: I expect that office is still current but do check if you decide to go down there (I just pulled the address off an old email).

Thank you. I remember you said that now.

I'll have to investigate further about this
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
So my COPR got delivered yesterday (Canada Post updated this morning).

I am not happy as it got delivered to the wrong address, fortunately the neighbor gave it to my landlord this morning and he confirmed it has come through.

I will check it al this evening when I get home from work but I am not happy with Canada post right now. That could have gone very badly wrong.

Hey congrats beckiwoo on your COPR!! :thumbs:
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:41 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Hey congrats beckiwoo on your COPR!! :thumbs:

Thank you - I am very happy right now :thumbsu p:
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:51 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560

S

Just an update on this. I contacted Border information Services today. The customer service person I spoke to had never ever heard of someone doing an 'inland' landing at CIC and told me I needed to go to the border. Roll on 5 minutes later when I tell him that I can as I've booked it and I was put on hold.

He said to check when I go to my appointment at CIC office and if they wont do it (as we know they wont) then just go down to CBSA office on main Street in Vancouver and get it done there (no appointment a needed).
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Anyone have any clue as to whats going on with the invite volumes recently? The volume has dropped to ~700 per fortnight, meaning the cutoff remains consistently around 480+.

Is there any news on whether this is because they are struggling with the target of 80% of applications completed within 6 months? Or could they be re-evaluating the processes now that its been 18 months?

Apologies if this has already been discusses, the thread is really long!

Thanks,

Gorb
Old Jul 4th 2016, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Hi all,

Anyone have any clue as to whats going on with the invite volumes recently? The volume has dropped to ~700 per fortnight, meaning the cutoff remains consistently around 480+.

Is there any news on whether this is because they are struggling with the target of 80% of applications completed within 6 months? Or could they be re-evaluating the processes now that its been 18 months?

Apologies if this has already been discusses, the thread is really long!

Thanks,

Gorb
It's very hard to tell. As far as I remember, last year the scores were very high at the start of the year (over 600) with an odd lower score (460-480). Then come the end of August the scores lowered to 460-480.

My guess is they've set the threshold at 480 now because they have a lot of applicants around that level. I had a score of 484 which was based off 2 years UK experience & 1 year Canadian. Given there's quite a large number of people who come here on study permits/workingholidays, it doesn't seem unfeasible that a chunk of them will all be getting near that score bracket.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 3:13 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by mahdawg
It's very hard to tell. As far as I remember, last year the scores were very high at the start of the year (over 600) with an odd lower score (460-480). Then come the end of August the scores lowered to 460-480.

My guess is they've set the threshold at 480 now because they have a lot of applicants around that level. I had a score of 484 which was based off 2 years UK experience & 1 year Canadian. Given there's quite a large number of people who come here on study permits/workingholidays, it doesn't seem unfeasible that a chunk of them will all be getting near that score bracket.
The lowest it has ever gone is around 453 I believe. i do know it has never gone lower then 450.

I got through on 468 (mainly I lost points for age) but I think if I was to apply right now with the same score, I would struggle and that is with 1 year of Canadian experience and 2 years foreign as well.

I think that here have been a few discussions about the points getting lower towards the end of the year.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard later in the year/next year plus more invites per month.

S
Old Jul 4th 2016, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think they will lower it, as they did last year, but for now I think the benchmark will be 480 for the next two months. Speculative, but do you think there will be another category specific round for CEC?
Old Jul 4th 2016, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

No I don't.

S
Old Jul 4th 2016, 3:32 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by mahdawg
I definitely think they will lower it, as they did last year, but for now I think the benchmark will be 480 for the next two months. Speculative, but do you think there will be another category specific round for CEC?
Who knows?

I didn't even know they had a round of ITAs just for CEC

What has changed though is if an applicant is eligible for CEC and FSW then they should now be selected for CEC before FSW.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes Becki is right.

S
Old Jul 4th 2016, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Who knows?

I didn't even know they had a round of ITAs just for CEC

What has changed though is if an applicant is eligible for CEC and FSW then they should now be selected for CEC before FSW.
As reliable as google is, my search showed it happened just once at the end of February 2015. So probably never again given the current course.

But that is a positive note about the CEC choice being selected first.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I am very happy right now :thumbsu p:
Congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.