Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jan 12th 2016, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Sorry it's been a while so I've forgotten which steam you're applying through?

I went through CEC in just over 2 months, but FSW seems to be a month or so longer (plus any delay they have while requesting extra documentation).

You should almost be there! Have you had any "update" emails that when you signed in showed nothing new? Have you checked out your ecas account? Unfortunately you're in the bulk part of the waiting game now!
I'm going through FSW with no PNP.

I applied August 12th... so exactly 5 months today.

I have tried ECAS; it worked before, but since getting the update asking for the family information page, it hasn't worked. Just tried again now, and it says it is unable to find my application. I have checked MyCIC, and it's still there - but nothing on ECAS.

I noticed two things:
a) the request for the extra sheet shows as the 20th of November, yet I didn't actually get the update on my account until early December. I had been checking regularly so wouldn't have missed it. It says the sheet should be uploaded by November 27. I uploaded 2/3 December (sometime around then). I noticed when uploading that it had a deadline of December 23.
b) I did not get a acknowledgement of receipt for the extra page. Not sure if this is normal or not?

MyCIC currently showing as:
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: In Progress
Final Decision: Not Started

It appears that 'Provided' for the 'Review of submitted documents' means they are reviewing the additional document to check it is what they asked for.

I think I will have effectively lost 2 weeks processing time over Christmas. But they've had that document for over a month now, so not sure what the hold up is.

Starting to get a bit frustrated now in all honesty.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

The medical results - I got the results of my medical on MyCIC about just after a week after my AOR, I remember it was shortly after I got my medical results through the post.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered -is the review of eligibility one of the last things to be checked?
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

kswoosh

I applied August 22nd (on my latest application) and my status is the same as yours got a request to upload my language test results at the end of August changed to provided then nothing since then.

from following this thread 4 months seemed to be about average but it seems to be slipping back a bit.

CIC are currently dealing with 25,000 unexpected people to process this has got to have an impact on processing time. i expect it will be pushed back to 6 months now.

my document submitted has said provided for 4 months now i would agree its all very frustrating.

by extra pages do you mean your passport if so you are in good shape as i think that is one of the last things asked for.

Last edited by johntheScot; Jan 13th 2016 at 12:36 am.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:36 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
The medical results - I got the results of my medical on MyCIC about just after a week after my AOR, I remember it was shortly after I got my medical results through the post.
its a week today since AOR and no updates yet. If it gets to next week I might call the clinic to confirm they sent the results to CIC as the last thing I need is rejection due to someone else
Old Jan 13th 2016, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah its better to check just in case. Does the medical practice you used use eMedical - if they are on they system, they put the results onto eMedical, and so CIC would be able to access the system and see the results.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get any confirmation about the medical at all. While of course it's a good idea to check, there's by no means definitely something to worry about yet!
Old Jan 14th 2016, 12:20 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Yeah its better to check just in case. Does the medical practice you used use eMedical - if they are on they system, they put the results onto eMedical, and so CIC would be able to access the system and see the results.
yes it was e-medical form
Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I didn't get any confirmation about the medical at all. While of course it's a good idea to check, there's by no means definitely something to worry about yet!
I rang them earlier and they confirmed there were no abnormalities with my tests (yay)!! and my file was sent over on 5th January
Old Jan 16th 2016, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm starting to look at express entry. From start to finish it costs $3000 for a couple to apply?!

That's a lot of money...
Old Jan 16th 2016, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeenTrainingDogs
So I'm starting to look at express entry. From start to finish it costs $3000 for a couple to apply?!

That's a lot of money...
Not for a lifetime investment surely ?
Old Jan 16th 2016, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That's a lot of money...
How much would it cost you to go back to the UK? Do you have jobs to go back to?
Old Jan 16th 2016, 3:01 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

That's a lot of money...

It's fairly simple choice though. Pay the money to become a PR or leave Canada when you need to. Nobody's twisting your arm😉
Old Jan 16th 2016, 4:53 pm
Bex in the city

That's a lot of money...
That is the way it is.

If you get rejected down the line and need to get all your documents again, its going to cost you even more money.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 7:20 pm
Bex in the city

This is currently the state of my application:

Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time

Im confused as I thought they would review my submitted documents before starting background checks..?
Old Jan 18th 2016, 8:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
This is currently the state of my application:

Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time

Im confused as I thought they would review my submitted documents before starting background checks..?
I read it as they had reviewed your documents and nothing additional was required (at this time). Interpretation of the written word is so difficult sometimes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.