Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

current LMO processing time Alberta???

current LMO processing time Alberta???

Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: current LMO processing time Alberta???

Originally Posted by murrin
Thank you ...its good to know that a phone call immediately informs us and it will still come via fax and post.
Mine came through a week and a half ago, took forever but that was because my employer made mistakes on the application! It should take no longer than 8 weeks in AB from what my employer was told by the guy who dealt with my LMO.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:49 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cchris
Mine came through a week and a half ago, took forever but that was because my employer made mistakes on the application! It should take no longer than 8 weeks in AB from what my employer was told by the guy who dealt with my LMO.
Oh thats really good to hear....I hope that timeline is true because it would mean we should get the lmo this week for sure......I appreciate your update ..thank you.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats really good to hear....I hope that timeline is true because it would mean we should get the lmo this week for sure......I appreciate your update ..thank you.
Hey Murrin, i hope so too. Does your employer have a person that they can call to get an update? At one point my application was stalled because my employer forgot to include the business license, it hit and sat on the persons desk who was to process it, but the guy never contacted my employer, it was me hassling employer to call that got things moving again!!!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:25 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Hey Murrin, i hope so too. Does your employer have a person that they can call to get an update? At one point my application was stalled because my employer forgot to include the business license, it hit and sat on the persons desk who was to process it, but the guy never contacted my employer, it was me hassling employer to call that got things moving again!!!
Hi Cchris......We got the employer to call after 6 weeks but they got the automated answering machine which asked not to be bothered unless 10 weeks had passed (apparently).....so they never actually got to speak with anyone and they seem to be accepting the 10 week waiitng time........but we are struggling with it !
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Cchris......We got the employer to call after 6 weeks but they got the automated answering machine which asked not to be bothered unless 10 weeks had passed (apparently).....so they never actually got to speak with anyone and they seem to be accepting the 10 week waiitng time........but we are struggling with it !
That waiting time can be so stressful. It was especially terrible for me as I was already working for the company on my OWP, so I went on leave of absence while my papers were being dealt with. I stayed here with no status and no income and no certain timeline of when I would be able to be regain my status. Its weird, I called to enquire about my LMO myself and got to speak with a real person the first time I called. They refused to speak to me about it but encouraged my employer to call them.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

That waiting time can be so stressful. It was especially terrible for me as I was already working for the company on my OWP, so I went on leave of absence while my papers were being dealt with. I stayed here with no status and no income and no certain timeline of when I would be able to be regain my status. Its weird, I called to enquire about my LMO myself and got to speak with a real person the first time I called. They refused to speak to me about it but encouraged my employer to call them.
Hi - I'm in exactly the same situation - was working for my company on an OWP up until 3 months ago then had to wait for the LMO. No income and the mortgage was due for renewal in September - luckily the mortgage people allowed us to go month-to-month.
I was out of status until 3 weeks ago then went to the border and changed to a visitor visa until November 30th
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:59 pm
Permanent resident

We may have to ask the employer to call again although I think he seemed happy to wait until the 10 weeks had lapsed.
How long did you have to wait on your lmo in the end?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

We may have to ask the employer to call again although I think he seemed happy to wait until the 10 weeks had lapsed.
How long did you have to wait on your lmo in the end?
The process started back in May or June, but the final time they submitted the LMO application was October 3rd, the LMO was in their hands on 25th October, activated my WP on 29th October
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:09 pm
Permanent resident

The process started back in May or June, but the final time they submitted the LMO application was October 3rd, the LMO was in their hands on 25th October, activated my WP on 29th October
wow..the process took forever for you....so glad (in the end) for the final submission that it all happened within the month for you.

This wait is soo long......I told my parents (i feel it in my bones) that they will get an approval this week.....this friday will be 9 weeks!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future

Just ask them to hang in there! It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:18 pm
Permanent resident

Well we got some bad news (not terrible news..just bad)....we have to start the application from the start again and re advertise the job because the employer did not fill out the forms correctly with the appropriate wording etc.....huge set back but not the end.

I cant beleive they waited almost 9 weeks to tell us it was wrong...arrrgh!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear you have to start again !

Could you maybe share with us what exactly went wrong with the application? Something related to the wording...??
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:38 pm
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman6666

Could you maybe share with us what exactly went wrong with the application? Something related to the wording...??
Hi our employer wasnt specific when explaining to us that we had to start again.....basically the employer never advertised the job clearly enough for approval and never specified clearly enough it was for a supervisory position and therefore would not qualify for noc b in the future for ainp.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman6666

My employer forgot to put how much the wage would be on the advertisement on Job Bank first, then there was another mistake, can't remember what that one was.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Anybody else had any news? I'm 11 weeks today and nothing yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.