Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

current LMO processing time Alberta???

current LMO processing time Alberta???

Old Sep 15th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

MrP77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default current LMO processing time Alberta???

Hi does anyone know or has recently had a positive LMO, how long they are taking right now?? Ours has been in 7 weeks tomorrow and a bit nervous
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future
Default Re: current LMO processing time Alberta???

Hey there,

We are pretty much in the same boat, only my application went in at Regina, SK. My LMO application went in exactly 7 weeks ago today. I was initially given an estimate of 4-6 weeks by my employer's HR. When I called them after 6 weeks, they said the immigration consultant was saying it takes 8-10 weeks to process.

Checking the HRSDC website, I couldnt find any 'official' processing times for the LMO. Reading on this forum, I've found that it can take anywhere between 5-11 weeks. And apparently, the longer it takes, the lesser your chances get of being rejected. So, make of that what you will. :-)

Good luck!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply Scuudz! Yeah Ive been told the same thing, less chance of being refused the longer it takes!! Hopefully not much longer.........we were the same expecting 4-6 weeks!!!
Good luck!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Our LMO has been approved!! So that is 7 weeks today it has taken!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrP77
Our LMO has been approved!! So that is 7 weeks today it has taken!
What job were you waiting for an LMO for? My friend is waiting for one through an employer here in Alberta, it has been about 6 weeks so far.
Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:20 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

I am thankfully past this stage for myself but my parents are beginning the process and my fathers lmo was faxed on September 9th.......does anyone know if this will make the waiting game any quicker or still the average of 7 weeks?
Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by murrin
I am thankfully past this stage for myself but my parents are beginning the process and my fathers lmo was faxed on September 9th.......does anyone know if this will make the waiting game any quicker or still the average of 7 weeks?
Thanks
From what I've read on this forum and other websites so far, I don't think faxing the lmo application would have any impact on how long it takes to get approved.

In my opinion, no one really knows how long it is going to take. I have read of people getting the LMO in 4 weeks and it has taken others upto 11 weeks. So, I am just assuming that it could come any time between 4 and 11 weeks. I am at 8 weeks now.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:46 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Originally Posted by scuudz
From what I've read on this forum and other websites so far, I don't think faxing the lmo application would have any impact on how long it takes to get approved.

In my opinion, no one really knows how long it is going to take. I have read of people getting the LMO in 4 weeks and it has taken others upto 11 weeks. So, I am just assuming that it could come any time between 4 and 11 weeks. I am at 8 weeks now.
I suppose its just your 'donald duck' (luck) then.....heres hoping yours comes today.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:29 pm
Permanent resident

We have been waiting 8 weeks tomorrow for Alberta...boy this is a long wait !
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I just saw this posts I am a car mechanic! Hopefully you all get positive LMO's soon the waiting is terrible!! Good luck!!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Yea each week that goes by seems longer than the last. I got my positive LMO in 9 weeks. Submitted my passport shortly after that, then I was told the medical request would come in 3-5 weeks. Thankfully, it took just 6 days. Got my medical done last Friday and resubmitted my passport today since they ask you to wait 5 days after your medical to resubmit your passport. Fingers crossed for the next week or so.

Here's to your positive LMO coming through soon.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:39 pm
Permanent resident

Another week maybe and we could have the positive lmo (all being well)

Do you know if they send them out by fax or canada post?

Is there a specific day to expect this (ie monday, friday etc)?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Ours was sent by post to the employer? Not sure if there is a day??
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Hello,

I am an IT Manager in Ontario and have worked for my employer for about a year. The LMO for my new permit was posted on September 6th - so thats about 8 weeks and 4 days and I'm still waiting.

We were told that once a decision has been made that they will phone, fax (if the option is available) and post the result to the employer.

Fingers crossed for all of us
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:10 pm
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by m4mm4l
Hello,

I am an IT Manager in Ontario and have worked for my employer for about a year. The LMO for my new permit was posted on September 6th - so thats about 8 weeks and 4 days and I'm still waiting.

We were told that once a decision has been made that they will phone, fax (if the option is available) and post the result to the employer.

Fingers crossed for all of us
Thank you ...its good to know that a phone call immediately informs us and it will still come via fax and post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.