Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Yes, if they are a CSIC member they are required to maintain a trust account. Some CSIC consultants have clients make payments to CIC directly and others deposit the funds in the trust account and then remit the money to CIC on client's behalf when the application is submitted. Either method is acceptable according to the rules as long as they dont deposit government fees into their general business account.

If the consultant is not (or is no longer) a CSIC member then it is probably unlikely that they go to the trouble of keeping clients money (for goverment fees and retainers for services not yet rendered) in a trust account.
When I wired him funds I questioned why the money was going to his account and not a business account, and was told he was in the process of setting up a new bank account and it was easier to deposit it there, how naive was I !!!:curse:If it wasnt for his reputation on expats I would never have used him
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:53 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
When I wired him funds I questioned why the money was going to his account and not a business account, and was told he was in the process of setting up a new bank account and it was easier to deposit it there
That doesn't sound good.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi Paul

Your forgetting one thing AM is no longer a member so he do as he pleases with clients money Bank the cash and dash:curse: In fact i would be amazed if he had a client account
I think you are pushing the boundaries, basically you are insinuating the Andrew is a thief.

I see in this series of posts that are there are two people complaining of Andrews service, I think there was previously 1 or 2 other complaints in the 5 years that Andrew has posted here. Yet I assume that he had some satisfied customers here. Interesting that they haven't been heard from.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I had no idea that I was opening a can of worms that needed to be unleashed here and really really appreciate the time so many of you have taken both on this thread and/or by PM.

I have had a busy weekend with friends staying so have had some catching up to do, despite leaving myself logged on in the hope that I might find a few, (!!), minutes to reply individually to you all, HOWEVER......I can't possibly catch up with you all so thank you, thank you.

I hope this puts off ANYONE from spending their hard-earned savings on this man........who I KNOW has lied to me, regardless of whether he has had brain surgery/broken wrists/paralysis in the left hand or not.

I just hope that we will be able to figure out how to cover my 'home education' issue when it comes time to provide the supporting documents......

My thanks again to you all....

Robin

Robin there are still people on here that may be able to help with your home education question, what about Paul has offered so much info on here or JAJ sorry can't remember the others at the mo ?
If thats not enough what about dare i say it another well established immigration consultant, what about the one Tim Steers is using i would think you would need a phone consultation,

I am so pleased others have stepped forward to help i know there are others that have been shall wed say affected and don't wish to post on the open forum good luck i hope you get it all sorted,

When I wired him funds I questioned why the money was going to his account and not a business account, and was told he was in the process of setting up a new bank account and it was easier to deposit it there, how naive was I !!!:curse:If it wasnt for his reputation on expats I would never have used him
Sorry to hear that Andy we are all gulable at some point, I was totally taken in by him still find it hard to believe someone that had so much knowledge and such a respected poster on here would do that,

Is there is anyway we can help i assume with PR sorry not sure what stage you are at other than in Ca, Hopefully won't taste quite so bitter once you have what you initailly paid for

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I think you are pushing the boundaries, basically you are insinuating the Andrew is a thief.

I see in this series of posts that are there are two people complaining of Andrews service, I think there was previously 1 or 2 other complaints in the 5 years that Andrew has posted here. Yet I assume that he had some satisfied customers here. Interesting that they haven't been heard from.

I think PMM there are some very hurt angry people here with there lives on hold more so than the rest of us, if it stops anyopne else from feeling this way then its a good thing, where are all the people Andrew helped the title says it all so no one could miss this ? It i believe goes way further than 1 or 2 people
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I think you will find there are quiet a few people insinuating that. There are 7 people that I have contact with so far, I would imagine by the end of the week there will be a few more and all these are insinuating! There are probably loads more that dont even read expats on a daily/weekly basis and or will miss this thread entirely.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:40 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew has clearly been logged on to the forum recently. The decent thing to do would be to clear all this **** up once and for all. As mentioned previously, he's had years of touting his business on the forum (at no charge I presume) and has now seemingly left a long line of very frustrated clients in his wake...

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2009 at 8:07 am. Reason: Removing profanity
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

It so happens that there is an initiative underway to press for implementation of the Standing Committee Report, which would give CSIC the statutory authority to prosecute unregulated consultants.

Please note I am not saying that Andrew Miller has done anything wrong - I have no personal knowledge of this - but will be speaking to my MP over the next few days about this, as allowing CSIC to discipline people that are not its members, or who are former CSIC members, is an important issue that in my view needs to be addressed. In the U.K. the law definitely does allow the authorities to prosecute persons giving UK immigration advice who are not registered.

Therefore if nothing happens to resolve this matter within the next few days (and I hope it will!) anyone who wishes can please feel free to PM me with details of any issues they are prepared to share. Wiith your permisison, I will pass them on to my MP as examples of why these legislative changes to CSIC's statutory authority need to be brought into effect.

I think we will have a stronger CSIC if these changes are made.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:22 am
Just Joined

mulvers is a jewel in the roughmulvers is a jewel in the roughmulvers is a jewel in the roughmulvers is a jewel in the roughmulvers is a jewel in the rough

Quite incredible really, am I missing something? I've read the thread, I had my own opinions with regard to the manner of the subject's previous posting's when advising...yet still we have people 'defending' the subject! Are there really people who can be so gullible? The mind boggles!
Cserpent you are not wrong.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cserpent
Hi Jane

I have spoken to VPD, I am just awaiting a response at this time.

I found out the hard way a few years back that it was a mailbox service as a friend of mine went to investigate the address.
I hope that it all works out for you- seriously though for the "defenders" on this site- there are far tooo many red flags on here to make me comfortable that nothing is going on....

Stinks to high heaven... and anyways if it was'nt all true would'nt the elusive "alleged accused" be on here to defend himself????
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mulvers
Quite incredible really, am I missing something? I've read the thread, I had my own opinions with regard to the manner of the subject's previous posting's when advising...yet still we have people 'defending' the subject! Are there really people who can be so gullible? The mind boggles!
Cserpent you are not wrong.
If you are someone that has been affected it would be great if you could post a few more times so you can recieve or send personal messages PMs and contact the people on here that have asked to gather information,
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:32 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
It so happens that there is an initiative underway to press for implementation of the Standing Committee Report, which would give CSIC the statutory authority to prosecute unregulated consultants.

Please note I am not saying that Andrew Miller has done anything wrong - I have no personal knowledge of this - but will be speaking to my MP over the next few days about this, as allowing CSIC to discipline people that are not its members, or who are former CSIC members, is an important issue that in my view needs to be addressed. In the U.K. the law definitely does allow the authorities to prosecute persons giving UK immigration advice who are not registered.

Therefore if nothing happens to resolve this matter within the next few days (and I hope it will!) anyone who wishes can please feel free to PM me with details of any issues they are prepared to share. Wiith your permisison, I will pass them on to my MP as examples of why these legislative changes to CSIC's statutory authority need to be brought into effect.

I think we will have a stronger CSIC if these changes are made.
I am in complete support of this initiative. Ron, you should let us know if there are other ways to help, such as for people to lobby their own MPs in other areas.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:46 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

...I just hope that we will be able to figure out how to cover my 'home education' issue when it comes time to provide the supporting documents......
Are you saying you were home schooled? I'm not sure if there should be an issue here provided you weren't home-schooled at a post-secondary level. As far as a skilled worker application goes, you would still add-up the number of years of schooling (home or at a school) and include these totals. So if you started home-schooling at 5 you would still have the standard number of years of education.

As far as supporting documents go, the Checklist only asks for copies Post-Secondary and College/University certificates so if you were home schooled but then did some post-secondary education in an institution and received certificates etc you should be fine. But I may not have understood the problem correctly.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying you were home schooled? I'm not sure if there should be an issue here provided you weren't home-schooled at a post-secondary level. As far as a skilled worker application goes, you would still add-up the number of years of schooling (home or at a school) and include these totals. So if you started home-schooling at 5 you would still have the standard number of years of education.

As far as supporting documents go, the Checklist only asks for copies Post-Secondary and College/University certificates so if you were home schooled but then did some post-secondary education in an institution and received certificates etc you should be fine. But I may not have understood the problem correctly.
Thanks Paul,

Our 90 day letter could arrive sometime in July/August this year.......or it could be another 2 years from now but nonetheless I would like to be prepared with some of the answers to justify my education, since I am the principal applicant.

I was raised on a cruising boat with my parents and 2 younger brothers in the Med and Caribbean between the ages of 5-17 and although we had periods of 'school-based' education, I did many more of 'home- schooling', including correspondence courses.

I am hoping that my police training, (that I did 27 years ago now....so not long to go until retirement!), will count as a two-year apprenticeship, as others have indicated that it would, and have a document that I intend to include in our eventual envelope of supporting documents justifying this and comparing it to the Canadian requirements for apprenticeships.

I don't have any other relevant certificates for post-secondary school before I joined the police service at 18 ys old.....however....Last year I took GCSE exams in French, (got an 'A' - yipee!), and am continuing now with AS level French, so I will at least have a couple of certificates to include with our documents that will support my claim for 2 points for basic french, and I will take the TEF exam when needed.

Thanks for your input....

Robin
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:21 am
Immigration Consultant

Thanks Paul,

Our 90 day letter could arrive sometime in July/August this year.......or it could be another 2 years from now but nonetheless I would like to be prepared with some of the answers to justify my education, since I am the principal applicant.

I was raised on a cruising boat with my parents and 2 younger brothers in the Med and Caribbean between the ages of 5-17 and although we had periods of 'school-based' education, I did many more of 'home- schooling', including correspondence courses.

I am hoping that my police training, (that I did 27 years ago now....so not long to go until retirement!), will count as a two-year apprenticeship, as others have indicated that it would, and have a document that I intend to include in our eventual envelope of supporting documents justifying this and comparing it to the Canadian requirements for apprenticeships.

I don't have any other relevant certificates for post-secondary school before I joined the police service at 18 ys old.....however....Last year I took GCSE exams in French, (got an 'A' - yipee!), and am continuing now with AS level French, so I will at least have a couple of certificates to include with our documents that will support my claim for 2 points for basic french, and I will take the TEF exam when needed.

Thanks for your input....

Robin
How many points do you need for Education to make 67?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

How many points do you need for Education to make 67?
What I make the scores are:

Education = 12-15
English language = 16
French language = 4
Work = 21
Age = 10
Brother who is Canadian citizen = 5

......so I reckon I need at least 12 points in education, (although my training is a 2 yr Apprenticeship, I don't know how I could prove 14yrs education), and basic 4 points of ability in French, which I'm told is 'A' level standard.

My partner/other-half is a central heating engineer by trade but doesn't have any pieces of paper to show an apprenticeship. Don't know if he would get any points under adaptability.....

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.