Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

zoaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Hi ,

I kind of just finished reading this whole thread about AM. This sounds quite like the 'madoff' of canada immigration. Guys has anybody tried contacting the media for this? I'm sure the reporters would do a nice job here-they have the time and resources for this kind of job!

cheers
hi, i tried to contact the hospitals and medical centers in BC...by email and phones as a friend of AM who want to know about the health of AM but ..i was unable to track the name and record .
so i left it then
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Diabolo will become famous soon enoughDiabolo will become famous soon enough

Holy Cow !
This was the last thing i expected from Andrew Miller.

With the time he was spending in BE, i just thought BE was paying him or he was part owner of BE....
Now we know the reason....

Now that I go and think about the things he said.... He was critizing the immigrants who just used Canada to get a passport... many of them might be his very own clients(victims)....

Perfect Plan and it worked
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Al Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Just got a reply from Buffalo.

Nothing has been submitted.

My wife and I are still in a state of shock at the moment but essentially it's the end of the dream for us.

The last move as advised by Buffalo is to check if our US bank has a record of the application fee being cashed.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:47 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Al Little

My wife and I are still in a state of shock at the moment but essentially it's the end of the dream for us.

The last move as advised by Buffalo is to check if our US bank has a record of the application fee being cashed.
Oh I'm so sorry for you, that is terrible. I wish I had some advice for you but sadly I don't.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I feel so sorry about this. yep you would surely get that info from the bank although I have to tell you that CIC takes can at times take some time before they do send payment to their bank to be cashed. there is a 2 months gap between date of aor recepit from date cic cashed the draft(i inquired , felt too impatient about this at that time).

well AM should be dealt with now, I wonder if the british embassy in canada could help???

Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

That is terrible. I am so sorry to hear this! Can't we do ANYTHING to bring this guy to justice???
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Al, I'm sorry you've had to be the bearer of the same bad news we had.

Please do check your bank - if it's showing he's cashed it, please PM me with the date you paid him (ie when he took payment) and the amount. I'll try to advise you further.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:55 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Surely there must be something legal that can be done - its Fraud is it not?? - Did you pay cash or by Visa card to him - do u have any comeback on your card if u paid by Visa?

Would definately be worth contacting a solicitor in the UK just for some advice really - I would also let CIC know as didnt he claim to be a CIC ex employee or something - surely they would be interested in the kind of reputation he is giving them f you know what I mean

i am so sorry you feel you have lost everything, I cant imagine what a kick this must feel like. I hope you manage to get some justice and continue with your dream of moving to Canada
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tanah
Surely there must be something legal that can be done - its Fraud is it not?? - Did you pay cash or by Visa card to him - do u have any comeback on your card if u paid by Visa?

Would definately be worth contacting a solicitor in the UK just for some advice really - I would also let CIC know as didnt he claim to be a CIC ex employee or something - surely they would be interested in the kind of reputation he is giving them f you know what I mean

i am so sorry you feel you have lost everything, I cant imagine what a kick this must feel like. I hope you manage to get some justice and continue with your dream of moving to Canada
It is fraud, however BC fraud law is very awkward as I have learned.

A solicitor in the UK wouldn't be able to advise really because it would fall under Canadian Federal / BC Provincial Law due to the location of Miller's alleged office/address. FBI may take an interest in the US as the fraudulent monies were cashed at a US bank.

Agreed with your last para - speaking from experience it's one of the most soul destroying things to learn!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

There's one thing I wanted to clarify with the victims here: did anyone of you sign the contract with AM. If yes, and if you have the payment proof it should be enough for a canadian lawyer to file a lawsuit. except that is too would incur additionla costs!!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Al Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the roughAl Little is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Just checked and we're done. Totally back to square one and as most of you will be aware it's going to be very hard to get a PR at the moment.

The really bad thing for the community is that "Andrew Miller" is still posting.
We started using him because of his good reputation on BE. Hopefully a moderator will pick up the message that he is bad news.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:33 am
Just Joined

We do have a signed contract but if he really is in China things could be tricky.

He handled our case completely. What I can't figure out is how he expected to make enough to live on based on the fact that after about two years his reputation would be in taters and he wouldn't get any more business.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:33 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Just checked and we're done. Totally back to square one and as most of you will be aware it's going to be very hard to get a PR at the moment.

The really bad thing for the community is that "Andrew Miller" is still posting.
We started using him because of his good reputation on BE. Hopefully a moderator will pick up the message that he is bad news.
Did he cash your cheque? All is not lost if you can get an offer of a job you can still apply for PR.

I feel so sad for you, it is such a terrible thing to happen.

He doesn't appear to post on here anymore although I have no doubts that he reads.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:34 am
In limbo!

We do have a signed contract but if he really is in China things could be tricky.

He handled our case completely. What I can't figure out is how he expected to make enough to live on based on the fact that after about two years his reputation would be in taters and he wouldn't get any more business.
Maybe if you PM one of the moderators or Sue they will be able to tell you his IP addressed or the IP address associated with his username, that may help you in tracking him down?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Al little, I am so sorry that you are yet another victim. What a terrible shock for you both and I am really gutted for you both.

I really did not think when I started this thread that so many BE'rs would have been affected by AM.

Is this really the end of a dream though? Can you apply under the new PR guidelines? ....Or go out on a reccy and do some networking? (Like the burton bunch did)?

I hope that when the dust settles you'll find a way to persevere with the dream, after all, if it's what you really want then why let this stop that from happening.

We are out of pocket by £2000 and although this is loads to us and we can't afford to pay out again, I intend to put together the best package that I can with the help and advice of those with experience on here and hope for the best.

It's not the end of the world if we don't get in though, I have plenty of other plans in reserve if we are refused and we can still go out on 6 month holidays and travel around in a motorhome.

We are a community on here and if there's any way that we can help you in coming to a decision about what to do next then we will.

I suggest getting in touch with cserpent because he may be able to help.

A big cyber <<<<<hug>>>>> to you both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.