Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default A concerned client of Andrew Miller

We are waiting in the queue for our SW application to be processed, a wait that we need to go through due to needing to work another couple of years for pension purposes.

We have paid for Andrew to be our representative because of complicating circumstances and paid in advance because that was the requirement at the time.

I understand that Andrew has been ill but I'm not sure what has happened to him or how he is recovering.

Does anyone have any recent info about him?

I am worried that if CIC send any information for our attention then because we have paid him to be our representative then letters will be sent directly to him to forward to us.

I have sent a couple of emails to him, one to AFOK on this forum a couple of days ago, and today have phoned the contact number on his website and left a message.

The website does state 'and associates'.....does anyone ever have an dealings with anyone other than Andrew?

PM's would be great if you don't want to post here....

Oh.....and how could I find out how to get our money back if he is no longer working? Who do we turn to?

Thanks to anyone that might be able to shed some light on this for me.....

Robin
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

hi

have you tried contacting them on telephone or sending them an email as who is the responsible person, and who is to be contacted now?

Mr Andrew Miller has not posted here for quite a while now. so i dont think anyone would be able to help. if you do get any info please post it here for others benifit.

thanks

regs
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Regs,

I have included in my post that I have emailed Andrew twice on both of his email addresses, phoned the number provided on the website, and PM'd AFOK on this forum but still no joy.

Thanks for your response though...

Robin
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:08 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Robin

Hopefully someone from Andrews Company will contact you ASAP, but if you have paid up front and have no joy in the coming days perhaps you should consider contacting CSIC to see what to do next.

Hopefully AFOK will reply on his behalf, but this is your money and future! I feel bad saying this as Andrew was such a valued member of the forum for such a long time. But I think if it were another firm that is what Andrew would advise you to do and if you are contacting them with no reply that's poor service and you need to look after you and yours.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Danny
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi Robin

Hopefully someone from Andrews Company will contact you ASAP, but if you have paid up front and have no joy in the coming days perhaps you should consider contacting CSIC to see what to do next.

Hopefully AFOK will reply on his behalf, but this is your money and future! I feel bad saying this as Andrew was such a valued member of the forum for such a long time. But I think if it were another firm that is what Andrew would advise you to do and if you are contacting them with no reply that's poor service and you need to look after you and yours.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Danny
Thank you Danny, and yes I feel really bad thinking that I have paid up front for nothing in return. I just need to know that Andrew is still representing us should CIC want to get in touch with us, and that we will get what we paid for with our hard-earned £2000, or our funds returned to us as stated on his website.....

I have difficulty accepting that after all his work on the forum and with other successful applicants....that he would defraud anyone like this.

Please AFOK......if you read this then please allay my concerns! you haven't responded to my PM.

My next step will indeed be CSIC as they will have more advice on where we should go from here.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:28 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

From what I have gathered he will probably still be off ill, But somebody needs to take responsibility especially as you have already paid your cash.

I would keep trying to phone till Friday and if no reply, contact CSIC on Monday
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:03 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Robin,
Sorry do not have any new advice for you, think that you should do as others have advised and contact CSIC.

Hope you get some good news soon.

Charlie
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I don't think CSIC will be able to help you - I know that in the last thread about Andrew (just after he'd left the forum), people were saying that the CSIC website said his membership had been 'suspended'. I've just checked it and it's now saying that his membership was revoked on 2nd Dec.

I've also looked at Andrew's website and it's very out of date (i.e. still the old Skilled Worker system instead of the new).

Do try CSIC just in case somebody else in his office is a member instead, and I guess just keep trying the numbers you've got for him.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall when the subject of his CSIC status was raised he posted to the effect that his was lapsed, but others in the office were still valid or something?

If hes off sick, someone should still be taking care of the business surely, unless there was no "associate"?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iaink
I seem to recall when the subject of his CSIC status was raised he posted to the effect that his was lapsed, but others in the office were still valid or something?

If hes off sick, someone should still be taking care of the business surely, unless there was no "associate"?
Just wondered if this is the Andrew Miller everyone is looking for?
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=204242
If so it would appear he is alive and well and replying to queries on www.LaborLawCentre.com
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Hi There,

I was going to post on here as soon as I read the thread but didn't with fear of it being suspended like the previous post. If you read the previous post you will note that I am a paying client of Mr Miller too. I only got Mr Miller's attention to my emails when I posted the last thread on here. Anyway long story short he is ill (apparently) and I say apparently as I really don't know what to believe anymore. Afoks has been posting on his behalf on here and also replying to some of his "paying" clients. I indeed have had correspondence with Afoks but I have to say I am sceptical as to whether it is a seperate person... his emailing, use of words, tone of emails etc is exactly the same as Mr Miller's....

Anyway there is no point in contacting CSIC they can't do anything since he is no longer a member with them. I have already been down this road. Also, Mr Miller CANNOT represent you he can simply advise you on your application. He CANNOT submit this application on your behalf since he is not a registered CSIC member with a valid membership number. I have been advised that if your application has been submitted with him as a representative there is the chance of it being rejected.....

He maintains he does have other employees within his company who are registered members but will not pass that information on to their clients for use in the form so therefore you are lead to believe there are no such other employees.

What have we done to try and get a refund.... well Mr Miller has agreed to refund us an element of our money but once our PR application is completed. We submitted our application by ourselves, Mr Miller has done nothing to warrant the $4500 we paid him.... He is refusing to pay us the element of refund he has offered now. so I doubt very much whether we will receive it at all. He basically said that he would refund us $1500 which is the element for full representation. If our application is rejected then we can either have the refund to instruct a new representative or he will use that money to instruct one on our behalf (like I would trust him to do anything now....).

So long story short is I don't know what has happened to Mr Miller, there is no-one that I am aware of within his company who is dealing with clients on his behalf and the liklihood of you getting your money back is extremely slim. I have given Mr. Miller/Afoks 30 days I believe from middle of January to respond to me with a satisfactory reply before I contact the local RCMP as this is fraud. No doubt we will get a reply from AFOKS now...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is the way it is I am afraid.

I have to say I find it all very strange Mr Miller was devoted to this site and banged on so much about the importance of being a member with CSIC to then himself not renew his membership. The only reason for this what I can see is that CSIC changed their rules around September time and all consultants had to sit a test of some sort which included an English element. My guessing is that since Mr Miller is Polish (I have only just found this out) he didn't have the English capabilities of passing the test.

Anyway if you want any more help then just let me know.

Tracy
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

InnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the rough

As a fully paid client of Andrew Miller myself, I signed the 'use of representative' form, when, (last year) he was still an authorised representative in good standing. I do not know if this was included when he submitted my application. Is there any way I can find out? I did receive my file number direct to my home address, so I'm hoping that this means he did not include this form. If he did, will it indeed have a negative effect on my application? Thanks,
Annette
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
From what I have gathered he will probably still be off ill, But somebody needs to take responsibility especially as you have already paid your cash. I would keep trying to phone till Friday and if no reply, contact CSIC on Monday
Thank you Mclauchlan.........I'll keep trying to contact him but I remember when he 'broke both his hands' in a skiing accident, no-one else seemed to be responding on his behalf.....but I kept the faith because he appeared so kosher and other people had been successfully represented by him.
Originally Posted by purple80
Hi Robin,Sorry do not have any new advice for you, think that you should do as others have advised and contact CSIC.Hope you get some good news soon.Charlie
Thanks for sympathising Charlie.....hope all is well with you. x
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, I don't think CSIC will be able to help you - I know that in the last thread about Andrew (just after he'd left the forum), people were saying that the CSIC website said his membership had been 'suspended'. I've just checked it and it's now saying that his membership was revoked on 2nd Dec. I've also looked at Andrew's website and it's very out of date (i.e. still the old Skilled Worker system instead of the new).Do try CSIC just in case somebody else in his office is a member instead, and I guess just keep trying the numbers you've got for him.Best of luck.
I did wonder whether CSIC would help with Andrew's contact details and or take action because he was a member of the organisaton when he took our money, and CSIC recommended that prospective immigrants that wanted to use a consultant should only use a CSIC registered one, which we did.
Originally Posted by iaink
I seem to recall when the subject of his CSIC status was raised he posted to the effect that his was lapsed, but others in the office were still valid or something?If hes off sick, someone should still be taking care of the business surely, unless there was no "associate"?
I thought he said that he wanted to resign because the Canadian government changed the goalposts for CSIC members but that there wasn't the facility for him to do that so he was suspended. He said something like....that it wasn't worth being a member anymore because consultants no longer had be CSIC registered in order to operate......maybe I've got it wrong and can be corrected.....If there are others within the 'office', then why is all mail addressed to two 'Andrew Miller' email addresses?.....And why is no-one reassuring those clients that there are of us, that are concerned about the lack of contact!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:38 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InnMaine
As a fully paid client of Andrew Miller myself, I signed the 'use of representative' form, when, (last year) he was still an authorised representative in good standing. I do not know if this was included when he submitted my application. Is there any way I can find out? I did receive my file number direct to my home address, so I'm hoping that this means he did not include this form. If he did, will it indeed have a negative effect on my application? Thanks,
Annette
If you appoint an Authorised Representitive using this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF then CIC will normally correspond with them instead of you. So from what you say there probably isnt anyone on record as being your Authorised Representitive.

If, when they start processing your application, they discover that you are trying to appoint a representitive that is not authorised (a CSIC member or a member of a Canadian law society) they will likely return your application.

Last edited by Paul Wildy; Feb 4th 2009 at 9:41 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
Just wondered if this is the Andrew Miller everyone is looking for?
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=204242
If so it would appear he is alive and well and replying to queries on www.LaborLawCentre.com
Oh My God that is the same person so I was right to be a sceptic - I doubt whether he was ill at all..... will be interesting to see what AFOKS has to say to that....

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.