Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Wikiposts

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Originally Posted by kleinluka
@admin:
oops. sorry, didnt know that was against the rules :/
No worries. The info you posted I believe is in the public domain, but we would rather it not was posted here. Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by indigoagain
I am amazed at the turn of events - like some of you, I've been reading replies from AM for many years and believed he was helping people - I know the man has not come on here to "defend" himself against these accusations, but in the meantime, here is an interesting series of articles about "immigration consultants" in The Toronto Star:

http://www.thestar.com/immigration
I have a contact at the Star who I contacted when I had found him on the LaborLaw site as I knew they had done articles. She emailed back.. 'None of my colleagues at the Toronto Star has ever heard of Andrew Miller. I checked our archives back to 1995 and there’s no mention of him.' It was a long shot anyway with him being based in Vancouver
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
All you have to do is read Klienluka's prevous posts! I have just gone to his first thread on page 7 of his posts and it's all there
I've just come off earlies - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:49 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Well another turn with this matter... it doesn't look as though the business has been incorporated. My husband has attempted to have a corporate search done (as required in the small claims proceedings) but unfortunatley he has informed me that there are no results which means that his business is not incorporated. I am now in contact with another department to find the registered address I require in order to serve the legal proceedings.

Just thought you all might want to know. I am not sure what this means with regards the contracts that are in place with A Miller & Associates Inc (as mine is) as no such company exists!!! If anyone knows what the problems this may arise with the legal proceedings then please inform me. It is our intention to name on the proceedings both Mr Miller and the company.

Thanks
IF the corporation does not exist, and the person signing the contract knew it did not exist, then the person signing the contract is liable.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:52 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cserpent
I was thinking just that wbexpat! Who's going to ring CRA?
The Pacific Region Informant Leads Centre is at 1-866-846-3535.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JonboyE
IF the corporation does not exist, and the person signing the contract knew it did not exist, then the person signing the contract is liable.
have PM'd you but under my husband's login by mistake
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:59 pm
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by Tracywall
have PM'd you but under my husband's login by mistake
And there was me, thinking there is more to Andy than I expected.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Logged in for the first time for a long while and was horrified to find this thread.

When I was going through the process 4 years ago, the pro bono on this forum work by AM was of a high quality, albeit he was obviously going to gain clients by so doing. I completed the process myself but regularly sought advice in the forum and it was usually good, particularly from AM.

I would like to formally apologise to anyone I posted with where I recommended employing someone like AM to complete their applications etc. I can remember doing this a couple of time and my only saving grace is that I used the term 'someone like Andrew Miller'

I was a Fraud Squad Detective for several years and have experience of the general behavior described in this thread. In those instances someone had a genuine business plan to be a whatever (e.g immigration consultant ) and after initial success in attracting clients did not have the capacity to provide the service being paid for. The fraud only begins where there is fraudulent intent, not simply incompetence. The intent would come where someone continued to take on clients (and take their money) with little or no likelyhood of fulfilling the promised service.

I am aware that some of you are PMing each other, and I would concentrate in proving Fraudulent Intent should you wish to push things further. ALSO, it is essential under Scottish law (and possibly the rest of the UK) that the prosecuting authority has 'locus' on the crime under investigation and this normally means that the crime has to take place in Scotland. Under certain legislation covering electronic fraud, the locus can still be the home country despite the perpetrator being located in another. Worth checking into and the sooner the better. In large frauds involving numerous complainers, it is quite permissable for one officer to take on the case for all involved, despite them being from all over the UK.

Anyway, a big sorry to anyone I advised to seek help from AM and it all went wrong for them (surely someone actually got some help, if not see the advice re fraudulent intent above).

Humbly
Stuarty.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Stuarty, thanks for coming on here to apologise but at the time he was above board and had successfuly got others their visas so there was no need to be concerned. Thanks also for the advice on proving fraud - it all helps.

Oh and by the way.....I personally wasn't one of those that you encouraged to use - 'someone like AM'.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

marielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indigoagain
I am amazed at the turn of events - like some of you, I've been reading replies from AM for many years and believed he was helping people - I know the man has not come on here to "defend" himself against these accusations, but in the meantime, here is an interesting series of articles about "immigration consultants" in The Toronto Star:

http://www.thestar.com/immigration

Wow!!! I was amazed by this video; Mr Karan Arora may not be a member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants, but he may be charged with conspiracy to commit fraud.

Last edited by marielawson; Mar 5th 2009 at 2:01 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Logged in for the first time for a long while and was horrified to find this thread.

When I was going through the process 4 years ago, the pro bono on this forum work by AM was of a high quality, albeit he was obviously going to gain clients by so doing. I completed the process myself but regularly sought advice in the forum and it was usually good, particularly from AM.

I would like to formally apologise to anyone I posted with where I recommended employing someone like AM to complete their applications etc. I can remember doing this a couple of time and my only saving grace is that I used the term 'someone like Andrew Miller'

I was a Fraud Squad Detective for several years and have experience of the general behavior described in this thread. In those instances someone had a genuine business plan to be a whatever (e.g immigration consultant ) and after initial success in attracting clients did not have the capacity to provide the service being paid for. The fraud only begins where there is fraudulent intent, not simply incompetence. The intent would come where someone continued to take on clients (and take their money) with little or no likelyhood of fulfilling the promised service.

I am aware that some of you are PMing each other, and I would concentrate in proving Fraudulent Intent should you wish to push things further. ALSO, it is essential under Scottish law (and possibly the rest of the UK) that the prosecuting authority has 'locus' on the crime under investigation and this normally means that the crime has to take place in Scotland. Under certain legislation covering electronic fraud, the locus can still be the home country despite the perpetrator being located in another. Worth checking into and the sooner the better. In large frauds involving numerous complainers, it is quite permissable for one officer to take on the case for all involved, despite them being from all over the UK.

Anyway, a big sorry to anyone I advised to seek help from AM and it all went wrong for them (surely someone actually got some help, if not see the advice re fraudulent intent above).

Humbly
Stuarty.
Well said Stuarty, and appreciate the advice under the fraud proceedings. Is your view based on the older fraud legislation or on the Fraud Act 2006?

Don't feel sorry - AM gained people giving him paid work because of the amount of pro-bono work he did, and it always seemed excellent pro-bono work - I myself fell for this and in turn here I am 6 years later still not in Canada with PR. It just proves that even officers such as ourselves can be outwitted, how could Joe Public expect to stand a chance?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:01 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by cserpent
Well said Stuarty, and appreciate the advice under the fraud proceedings. Is your view based on the older fraud legislation or on the Fraud Act 2006?

Don't feel sorry - AM gained people giving him paid work because of the amount of pro-bono work he did, and it always seemed excellent pro-bono work - I myself fell for this and in turn here I am 6 years later still not in Canada with PR. It just proves that even officers such as ourselves can be outwitted, how could Joe Public expect to stand a chance?
Excuse me, but isn't this your quote

"I'm pleased to say our 90 day notice for documentation has arrived today on an April 2007 AOR!" So where is your 6 year wait?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Excuse me, but isn't this your quote

"I'm pleased to say our 90 day notice for documentation has arrived today on an April 2007 AOR!" So where is your 6 year wait?
Read cserpents first posting on this thread!

Hi all

I have stayed quiet till now, especially with the flames over Miller from years ago on the usenet.

I approach Andrew MILLER back in 2002 and paid him monies to apply for myself and my now wife for PR into Canada. I had previously been misadvised on temporary working visa by a Canadian lawyer and found Andrew's pro-bono work excellent, this accompanied by his promise that he would only take on cases he knew would get through filled me with confidence.

I sent my first payment to Miller accompanied by my filing fee for CIC to have my application filed by him to CHC London, I received no AOR but thought nothing of this as he was supposedly dealing with it. On and on this went for 4 years, each time Andrew advising me he had heard nothing and to hang in there, it would all come out. This in the end made me a little suspicious and I went to the Emigrate show at SCC Glasgow to find out what was going on with the application process. The member of staff from the CHC advised me they were processing applications from late 2003 at that point and something was wrong. In turn I should get in touch with CHC London via their email facility.

I did this, and soon after I got a response which made me nauseous and stunned...

We have no record of an application for permanent residence for you.

We suggest that you contact the consultant you mention below in your " e
" mail for advice on what you advise was submitted on your behalf.

High Commission of Canada
London

I immediately emailed Andrew over this, to which he responded...

I don't know what to say - only that CHC London has big mess. I have clients who never received anything from London until request for medicals came. No file number, no initial assessment, nothing, zip, nada...

Unfortunately I have just arrived last night to China, I'll be here for next 10 weeks (I'm opening my second Chinese office) and I have no access to my archived files back in Vancouver until I return. Thus I cannot provide you with evidence until then.

As soon as I'm back in Vancouver I'll email you copies of all I have in respect to your case.

... that was April 2006 - despite emailing him several times I have heard 'nothing, zip, nada', as he puts it, from him.

Andrew you have had EVERY opportunity to contact me under 3 different email addresses you have held for me, but have failed completely.

I then filed a complaint with CSIC - which is a complete and utter waste of time... guys if you have a complaint ignore this organisation completely, they don't care - 3 years of complaint got me a "he's not a member any more so we can't do any more, case closed" response.

Andrew, I will advise you I am now a serving police officer in the UK, by UK law I would deem what you have done to be Fraud by Misrepresentation according to the Fraud Act 2006. I do not know what the equivalent is under Canadian Federal or BC Provincial law yet but I will be finding out from my counterparts there.

I also know Andrew that I know this is not your birth name. I know you are of Eastern European origin and changed your name by deed poll. I also know you work out of a lock box in an building operated by the Mail Room Inc. I do know more about you but shall utilise this later should I ever need to.

I will hear what you have to say, but my personal opinion is that my money has long gone, along with many others on this forum.

Andrew, or the supposed André (afoks), if you read this, you are welcome within the next 30 days to refund all of my monies paid to you plus monies to cover additional fees accrued, the inconvenience caused and interest on my monies accrued by yourselves.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:23 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

For clarity that would be

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=49
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road

Why doesn't someone contact the RCMP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.