Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:41 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Are there resources similar to www.companieshouse.co.uk in Canada where you can get details on a registered company, its compliance and registered directors and thier affiliations, mortgages, court judgments etc.

We always check out suppliers and clients, never thought about using it for personal business, but no reason why not.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Yes you can check on the provincial or federal govt websites if they're incorporated, but in the case of Miller he wasn't incorporated at the time.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 12:53 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cserpent
Yes you can check on the provincial or federal govt websites if they're incorporated, but in the case of Miller he wasn't incorporated at the time.
You cannot get business information online for Canadian businesses. You have to file a written requests and pay a fee, then all you get is the registered address. Financials, directors info etc is not publicly available as it is in the UK.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Ooh boy ooh boy

I've been a member of this site for a wee while now and check in now and then to read how folk are doing.

I am totally shocked to read this series of posts. For as long as I have been a member, AM appears to have been the font of all knowledge and keen to provide free advice to folks who needed it.

I read through the first 10 pages, post for post and then skipped through the remainder thinking surely, this man will have posted to set the story straight - as I have seen him do so may times before - but there has been silence despite all of the comments made.

No news is good news, so people say but I intuitively feel in this instance that is not the case.

If indeed AM has been so ill that he has not been able to post (which does not appear to be the case) then shame on all of us - only it doesn't seem likely from where i am reading.

I feel a bit sickened by the potential lack of sincerity.

Whilst we are www correspondents, I am who I am and naively believe people to be who they type to be. More the fool me.

I SINCERELY wish you all well and assure you of my integrity.

Kellyx
Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:12 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

So, is there any more news regarding all this ?

M.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Nothing from me as of yet, however VPD may have emailed me at work.. and I'm off this weekend!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cserpent
Nothing from me as of yet, however VPD may have emailed me at work.. and I'm off this weekend!

Hi CSerpent

Did you have any luck with the VPD? By the way congratulations on the 90 day request... at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Just a little update from our behalf... I received an email this morning from the Better Business Bureau saying that they had forwarded our complaint to the company involved and unfortunatley they have not received a response from them. Given that the company isn't an "accredited" company there is nothing more they can do so the case is being closed.

Just another avenue closed... there has to be some sort of way to get your money back - this wouldn't happen in the UK.... Does anyone have any other suggestions to try? I am not so worried about my money as I am here in Canada and have done 99% of it myself... am currently waiting for a medical request but its all those other people who have been taken for a ride by him. I want to stop this from happening again.

I did hear from Andrew a couple of weeks ago but sadly he is not responding to emails again. I will not go in to detail of what the correspondence contained but needless to say our matter probably won't be resolved amicably...

If anyone has any news or other suggestions to stop this from happening to other poor soles then let me know.

Cheers,

Tracy
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Hi CSerpent

Did you have any luck with the VPD? By the way congratulations on the 90 day request... at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Just a little update from our behalf... I received an email this morning from the Better Business Bureau saying that they had forwarded our complaint to the company involved and unfortunatley they have not received a response from them. Given that the company isn't an "accredited" company there is nothing more they can do so the case is being closed.

Just another avenue closed... there has to be some sort of way to get your money back - this wouldn't happen in the UK.... Does anyone have any other suggestions to try? I am not so worried about my money as I am here in Canada and have done 99% of it myself... am currently waiting for a medical request but its all those other people who have been taken for a ride by him. I want to stop this from happening again.

I did hear from Andrew a couple of weeks ago but sadly he is not responding to emails again. I will not go in to detail of what the correspondence contained but needless to say our matter probably won't be resolved amicably...

If anyone has any news or other suggestions to stop this from happening to other poor soles then let me know.

Cheers,

Tracy
Hi Tracy

Nothing as yet, am due to get in touch with them next week.

I unfortunately am not surprised BBB are unable to progress things (and no doubt Miller won't respond either). I think the only route now is small claims and/or a class action lawsuit.

Has anyone found him active on any other forums as of late?

Cheers

Last edited by cserpent; Feb 27th 2009 at 4:08 am.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:18 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
Just wondered if this is the Andrew Miller everyone is looking for?
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=204242
If so it would appear he is alive and well and replying to queries on www.LaborLawCentre.com
I joined that site and placed a link to this thread, I just signed in....
and got this message.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

That's one forum off the list. Guess they didn't like someone rocking the boat....

Last edited by purple80; Feb 27th 2009 at 4:20 am.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Just a shame he's still active and people are asking him questions!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
and got this message.

No reason was specified.

That's one forum off the list. Guess they didn't like someone rocking the boat....
Did you see the last post on there
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:46 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Did you see the last post on there
Brilliant...
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:58 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
and got this message.

No reason was specified.

With my mod hat on, as a general rule sites dont like posts linking to other competitive sites, there is usually something along those lines in the small print....your banning there could be nothing to do with AMs influence, but more to do with being thought a spammer linking to a competitors website?

Without my mod hat on, I notice that forum has "visitor messages" in its poster profiles...surely some scope there to give him a hard time, and perhaps warn others of these issues, although he doesn't seem to have posted there for nearly a month.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Doesn't look like he has been on that forum for a while either.... I need to be careful what is said on here as do all of you otherwise there will be accusations of us being libel being thrown around again... trust me I've had it!!!

I guess I need to look into the small claims court procedure then either that or we all just forget about it.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:52 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

I really think it would be a good idea for some one who has been personally affected by this situation, or even better, some one representing a group of people affected by this situation, was to do some research and send an email to any and all sites where Mr Miller has or still is posting, and alert a relevant senior employee or founder of that site of the current situation regarding serious accusations which imply wrong doing against Mr Andrew Miller.

(I too have to be careful what I type on here).

M.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.