Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jun 18th 2021, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by bramallblade
I applied August 31st 2020 and AOR December 7th 2020. Nothing since. My good friend applied a day before or after me and received his AOR also within a day of mine. He was invited last week to take his citizienship test online and passed (yay!) Hoping I hear soon about at least getting able to take the test seeing as they are online.
Today I received an email inviting me to create my online portal thingy which I did. Not an invite yet for the citizenship test but hopefully that has moved a step closer.
Old Jul 11th 2021, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

I originally applied in 2020, AOR Oct 2nd, Citizenship test invite May 14, Test passed virtually June 2 now awaiting next steps as online portal shows background check and test completed and the other 3 In progress and oath not started.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Today I received an email inviting me to create my online portal thingy which I did. Not an invite yet for the citizenship test but hopefully that has moved a step closer.
Hi, do you know how long notice is to study for the test? Congratulations
Old Jul 12th 2021, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I wrote the test on Feb 19th. No news yet. Hoping maybe to hear something in April...or May...or June...
Oh wow. So you guys have done the test and still have to wait so long?

That's crazy! I thought it was test, then done! OMG this is depressing.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackinthetree
Oh wow. So you guys have done the test and still have to wait so long?

That's crazy! I thought it was test, then done! OMG this is depressing.
It's a multiple step application. See: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...qnum=022&top=4

If you’re applying for citizenship

To process applications for a grant of Canadian citizenship, we’ll
  • review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • take your fees and send you an acknowledgement of receipt letter
  • review your application to make sure you meet the requirements for Canadian citizenship
  • schedule you to take the citizenship test, if you’re between 18 and 54 years old
  • schedule an interview with you (All applicants will have an interview with an IRCC official. Some applicants may need to have a hearing with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge)
  • tell you of the decision made on your application
  • schedule you to take the oath of citizenship in person at a citizenship ceremony, if we approve your application
Old Jul 13th 2021, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Siouxie, the timelines are troubling anyway
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

My understanding is when you are invited to take the test (I know this from my friend), you are given options (time slots) to book the test in the coming days. So, essentially, you select the time that provides you with enough time to revise that you are comfortable with.

I still haven't been invited to take the test. I just logged into my online portal.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

I received an email on 12th May - it stated the following with links to the study guide

"INVITATION TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE CITIZENSHIP TEST
TEST START DATE: 2021-05-14 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2021-06-03 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time"

I took the test on the 2nd June.

It also stated...
 You’ll have 30 minutes to complete the test; you won’t be able to stop or pause it.
 There are 20 multiple choice questions.
 The test can be answered in either English or French.
 The 30-minute timer will continue if you are disconnected.
 You can reconnect at any time within the 30 minutes.
 If you don’t manually submit, the test will automatically submit after 30 minutes has ended.
 You must be visible at all times in front of your webcam while completing the test.
 You are not permitted to open any other tabs or applications.
 You need to get 15 correct answers to pass the test.
 Your test results will be automatically generated when the online test is submitted.
You will be asked to accept disclaimers, terms and conditions during the sign-in process.
You will also be asked to agree to have your webcam take pictures of you during the test.

I hope this helps
Old Jul 14th 2021, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much @toeknee and @bramallblade

This is very helpful!

I checked my status tracker and there are so many steps. Do they need to complete all of them (before test) before we get called for our test? Are you statuses showing completed yet?
I would love to be a citizen sooner - it would be nice to feel like a real Canadian at last!
Old Jul 15th 2021, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much @toeknee and @bramallblade

This is very helpful!

I checked my status tracker and there are so many steps. Do they need to complete all of them (before test) before we get called for our test? Are you statuses showing completed yet?
I would love to be a citizen sooner - it would be nice to feel like a real Canadian at last!
Most of mine is still in process. Background or whatever was completed. I can't recall the actual term. I am waiting to be invited to take the citizenship test.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Mine shows in process except for background check and citizenship test which are both completed, also the oath says not started.
Old Jul 17th 2021, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks both, I've been researching this more and more and it seems there is no real ability to gauge how long this will all take. Kind of surprised. Hopefully they will pick up the processing timelines again soon.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

There are people who applied in January 2021 who have their tests. I don't understand how this process works. It's very upsetting. Does Canada prefer some to others?
Old Jul 20th 2021, 4:58 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There are people who applied in January 2021 who have their tests. I don't understand how this process works. It's very upsetting. Does Canada prefer some to others?
Everybody's application and situation is different, there's no point in getting stressed or comparing yours to others.. Have you received an acknowledgement of receipt yet? If not then they haven't opened / completed the check for completeness yet. Did you do an online application or paper application, how long has it been since you submitted?

Paz7 test date has come through exceptionally quickly even by pre-covid times - most other applicants can be up to a year (if you look upthread, some have been waiting much longer) - it may be that Paz7 was one of the people selected to use the new online portal.
We’re currently testing a new online citizenship application with some applicants (randomly selected).
Have you checked the status of your application? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html - fingers crossed you hear some news soon.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

It is what it is. It could be as simple as your application landed on Sue's desk and somebody else's landed on Sally's. My friend applied 1 day after I did and has taken his test a month ago, I haven't been but know it is a waiting game. It will happen when it happens.

My background verification is completed. Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions are in progress. Everything else is not started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.