Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

express01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

My Wife did hers about 6 weeks ago, no examiners watching but your camera is on,I believe they review the footage for evidence of cheating.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:58 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by express01
My Wife did hers about 6 weeks ago, no examiners watching but your camera is on,I believe they review the footage for evidence of cheating.
so just have a monitor above your laptop and train your eyes right ?!??
just Kidding of course . I know Celine Dione is strange creature from Quebec if they ask .. that’s all I need to know right ?!?
🤩
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received an email asking to send in fingerprints..
Does this mean I am nearly there? Anyone else in same position?
Do the accredited company send them off for me or should I send them in myself to make double certain that they get them?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:40 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Got my test invite, got to do it this month. Should be a gift.
what the hell made the CIC offices wake up this month ? Why did they triage all 2021 candidates on here within 8 months yet other pre covid got kicked to the back of the queue. Horrible back /middle office teams stocking up on CPP here at our expense
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
what the hell made the CIC offices wake up this month ? Why did they triage all 2021 candidates on here within 8 months yet other pre covid got kicked to the back of the queue. Horrible back /middle office teams stocking up on CPP here at our expense
Please remember you’re talking about human beings just doing a job. They didn’t ‘wake up’, they simply have more staff now summer vacation season is over and they have finished processing all of the study permits for September intakes, which are always a priority. Nobody has been ‘kicked to the back of the queue’, that’s simply not how it works. Applications are processed broadly in order, but some are more straightforward than others. And of course all tests were suspended for well over a year so there will be an enormous backlog and they’ll be doing the best they can to catch up on it.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please remember you’re talking about human beings just doing a job. They didn’t ‘wake up’, they simply have more staff now summer vacation season is over and they have finished processing all of the study permits for September intakes, which are always a priority. Nobody has been ‘kicked to the back of the queue’, that’s simply not how it works. Applications are processed broadly in order, but some are more straightforward than others. And of course all tests were suspended for well over a year so there will be an enormous backlog and they’ll be doing the best they can to catch up on it.
No sorry I disagree. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and this is public forum. No point in sniping at me if you don't like the word "horrible"? because like it or not thats how I was treated?
My point is valid. There is people on here who have applied in 2020 and now completed the process. I applied in the summer of 2019 and its only now after my own perseverance I managed to get through the Scarborough test centre and only then did the finally manage to schedule my test.
Also at the same time as I managed get a email address of the Scarborough office (as the one of the letter they sent is dead and not working) I also sent the "webform" for the same request. The webform team (who seem Totally disconnected to the back office processing staff) informed me they are not answering any notifications via the webform unless you are changing your address or your a refugee of Afghanistan??!! I'm just lucky was able to check this forum rather than sit on the sidelines.

Last edited by BritCanadaNewbie; Sep 23rd 2021 at 9:24 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:09 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Believe early applicants online are in a streamlined process as they are/were testing the system.
Old Sep 26th 2021, 1:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Tks! We found this site really useful for practicing the test😊

Online Canadian Citizenship Quiz - CitizenshipCounts.ca
this still a good resource for exam prep ?
Old Sep 27th 2021, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

No updates for me:

Applied September 2020
Application filed January 2021
Background verification completed March 2021

Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry I disagree. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and this is public forum. No point in sniping at me if you don't like the word "horrible"? because like it or not thats how I was treated?
Of course you're allowed your opinion, as am I. You only just met the days in Canada requirement, you postponed your exam date, etc, etc, so of course it's not taken a 'normal' amount of time as your application hasn't been straightforward. Blaming others for that seems unfair to me, but you're free to disagree with that. Blame the system or Covid if it makes you feel better - I just don't think it's fair to blame the human beings doing their best in a pandemic and with a huge backlog to clear personally.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

There are definitely issues with the process.

We applied in Sept 2019. I don't care how long it takes but I do have an issue with seeing others who apply way after us doing their oath already.

My husband had to do his finger prints in Feb 2020 then again in July 2021. Seven weeks later (Sept 2021) they asked for finger prints again by email but didn't attach the letter he would need to take to RCMP to get them done. So there's a mistake there somehow - besides two sets of finger prints in seven weeks?. But there is no way of getting through to them to ask about it. You get cut off if you try calling and it takes them forever to answer an email. So we're in limbo! Our profiles say that a decision has been made so again there is no reason for the 3rd set of finger prints! But there is literally nobody who can give you an answer... Your whole life is on hold. You can risk booking a trip out of the country in case you do get an invite to do your oath. The thought of asking them to reschedule the oath doesn't bare thinking about.

So I understand everybody's frustration and I disagree with those who say you have to wait patiently... If you're not one of those waiting you have no idea how frustrating it is to wait and wait and see others finish the process when they applied as much as a year or more after you!
Old Sep 29th 2021, 8:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
There are definitely issues with the process.

We applied in Sept 2019. I don't care how long it takes but I do have an issue with seeing others who apply way after us doing their oath already.

My husband had to do his finger prints in Feb 2020 then again in July 2021. Seven weeks later (Sept 2021) they asked for finger prints again by email but didn't attach the letter he would need to take to RCMP to get them done. So there's a mistake there somehow - besides two sets of finger prints in seven weeks?. But there is no way of getting through to them to ask about it. You get cut off if you try calling and it takes them forever to answer an email. So we're in limbo! Our profiles say that a decision has been made so again there is no reason for the 3rd set of finger prints! But there is literally nobody who can give you an answer... Your whole life is on hold. You can risk booking a trip out of the country in case you do get an invite to do your oath. The thought of asking them to reschedule the oath doesn't bare thinking about.

So I understand everybody's frustration and I disagree with those who say you have to wait patiently... If you're not one of those waiting you have no idea how frustrating it is to wait and wait and see others finish the process when they applied as much as a year or more after you!
A bit of a generalisation there! On the contrary, I waited almost 5 years for my PR to be processed.. so yes, I understand how frustrating it is!

Many of those being processed at the moment are people who applied via the new online application process.

As to the fingerprint debacle, may I suggest contacting the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship's office or call the misinformation line.. .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration.../minister.html
Old Sep 29th 2021, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
A bit of a generalisation there! On the contrary, I waited almost 5 years for my PR to be processed.. so yes, I understand how frustrating it is!

Many of those being processed at the moment are people who applied via the new online application process.

As to the fingerprint debacle, may I suggest contacting the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship's office or call the misinformation line.. .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration.../minister.html
Not true...it's totally random.

As far as contacting the minister overseeing Immigration and Citizenship? There have been so many petitions and demonstrations in the last 12 months about this that if those didn't make a difference an email to a generic email address won't make a difference either. BUT, to ensure that nobody can say "I told you so" at a later date, I shall email him now.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Not true...it's totally random.

As far as contacting the minister overseeing Immigration and Citizenship? There have been so many petitions and demonstrations in the last 12 months about this that if those didn't make a difference an email to a generic email address won't make a difference either. BUT, to ensure that nobody can say "I told you so" at a later date, I shall email him now.

I got an automated reply from my email. It basically said they don't usually respond to the emails. Here are links that will answer your questions - which of course don't if you have anything specific you want answers to. Then at the very bottom it says that IF they don't decide to dignify your email with a response it will take at least 6 weeks. BUT I emailed so that's another box checked.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

does any one not received the email but online check on citizenship status has information and what one should do? My wife online profile says citizenship ceremony is scheduled for Nov 12 but she has not received any email to invite. We emailed too via webform but no reply as of yet and it has been 4 weeks already. I am thinking may be calling the misinformation line but not sure if they can help? any idea what to do or just wait hoping the email will finally arrive by instruction? thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.