Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jan 11th 2022, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Richb1970
Does anyone have any experience of timelines from sending off the application to getting any response? We are at 3 months now since I posted all the information and haven’t had a whisper back as yet
You have ages to go. I applied August 2020 and have just been asked to take the citizenship test.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any experience of timelines from sending off the application to getting any response? We are at 3 months now since I posted all the information and haven’t had a whisper back as yet
yeah it’ll take you a while. I submitted September 2020 but didn’t get anything until Feb, and even then I had to follow up because the old system showed the AOR had been sent but I never got anything to confirm the AOR. Anyway completed my citizenship test in November 2021 so just waiting for citizenship ceremony.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 7:20 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Hi all,

I logged into my tracker and it says 'Take the citizenship test. You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.'

What invitation? I have had this notification twice but no invite and yes, I have checked my email for anything I have missed.

Any insight?

Thanks
I just asked L about this, and she said that after seeing the notification in the portal, it was around 3 - 4 days before the email showed up with the actual information about how to take the test.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sharkus
I just asked L about this, and she said that after seeing the notification in the portal, it was around 3 - 4 days before the email showed up with the actual information about how to take the test.
For me, the first message was Jan. 3rd and then another Jan. 10th. I found an email address to ask Qs about the test and they forwarded it somewhere else and still nothing.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 8:25 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
For me, the first message was Jan. 3rd and then another Jan. 10th. I found an email address to ask Qs about the test and they forwarded it somewhere else and still nothing.

Not sure if this helps or not, but the "From" address on the email L received was:
DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN (IRCC)<[email protected]>
The Subject was:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle XXXXXXXXXX
(The XXXXXXXXXX is a change I made, as I think it's the application number / client id maybe, so didn't want to post the actual value there)

The message itself was:

NOTICE TO APPEAR

AVIS DE CONVOCATION

Hello,

You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by taking the Online Canadian Citizenship Test.

The details of your online test are attached to this email.

· Please read the attached invitation carefully as it contains instructions on what to do before, during and after the online Citizenship knowledge test.

· If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must forward the message to the email of the applicant.

Please visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information (It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information i.e. address, email, and telephone number).

2. Application processing times;

3. Checking the status of your application.

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, in order to be able to open the PDF attachments.

As it mentions above there was also an attachment to the email which contained the actual information about how to take the test.

Last edited by sharkus; Jan 12th 2022 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted over 12 months ago.
Latest, I still have LANGUAGE and TEST to complete even though I am over 80 and have a degree from a UK university.

Should be exempt from both at my age I think ?
Old Jan 17th 2022, 6:06 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

Originally Posted by llysmabley
I submitted over 12 months ago.
Latest, I still have LANGUAGE and TEST to complete even though I am over 80 and have a degree from a UK university.

Should be exempt from both at my age I think ?
From what I see here, if I am reading it correctly, then yes, you're exempt from those two parts of the process: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html

Language skills

Canada has two official languages: English and French. If you’re 18 to 54 years of age on the day you sign your application, you must show that you can speak and listen at a specific level in one of these languages.

Pass a citizenship test

If you’re 18 to 54 years of age on the day you sign your application, you need to take the citizenship test.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

unique at last is an unknown quantity at this point

You can ask your MPs office to contact them and ask. (Or at least we did, but I live in a rural riding and our MP is very accessible). We sent our in in May 2021, asked them to chase in June and got acknowledgment in July. I just did my test over the weekend. We did request urgent processing though and fit the criteria so that would also have a bearing.

I'd certainly ask your MPs office though.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unique at last
You can ask your MPs office to contact them and ask. (Or at least we did, but I live in a rural riding and our MP is very accessible). We sent our in in May 2021, asked them to chase in June and got acknowledgment in July. I just did my test over the weekend. We did request urgent processing though and fit the criteria so that would also have a bearing.

I always felt contacting MPs office was last resort for most applications, a card to save for problems/delays later in the process. Website says they’re sending AOR for applications received in Oct 2021 so I’d imagine it’ll come through shortly, this timeline is broadly inline with my timeline from a year earlier.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

chisel is an unknown quantity at this point

Applications are seriously dragging, according to another Canadian-only forum that I frequent. My entire process from mailing the application in September 2019 until passport in hand was 2 years, 3 months and some change in days.
Old Jan 25th 2022, 3:06 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I had my citizenship test this past weekend after receiving AOR September 2021. Big thanks to all on here for me getting to this point in my citizenship.

Does anybody know when I can expect to be called for ceremony? My application was submitted online.

Also my application still says language, presence and prohibitions are still "in progress". Would i receive the ceremony notice without those being marked as "completed"?

Thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2022, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi all,

I had my citizenship test this past weekend after receiving AOR September 2021. Big thanks to all on here for me getting to this point in my citizenship.

Does anybody know when I can expect to be called for ceremony? My application was submitted online.

Also my application still says language, presence and prohibitions are still "in progress". Would i receive the ceremony notice without those being marked as "completed"?

Thank you.
Depends on province, but it's typically on the matter of several months; they're quite backlogged at the moment.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:58 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chisel
Depends on province, but it's typically on the matter of several months; they're quite backlogged at the moment.
Okay great, thanks Chisel.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Kawartha Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unique at last

I can't speak for all MP's offices, but mine was a great help.

My issue was the language test. Being English born and educated, I took exception at having to take time off work, travel almost an hour and then pay to take a test that would prove I could speak my native tongue.

I put together as much information as I could, a letter from the headmaster of my high school, my exam results, what the exams actually mean, along with letters of support verifying that I speak/read English from my employer and MPP. Initially this was rejected by the Immigration Ministers office, but later the decision was reversed and I was told to go ahead with my application.

I submitted this between Christmas and New Year 2016 and took my oath in early May 2017. Although times have changed now, the whole process was very quick and efficient.

Old Jan 26th 2022, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kawartha Man
I can't speak for all MP's offices, but mine was a great help.

My issue was the language test. Being English born and educated, I took exception at having to take time off work, travel almost an hour and then pay to take a test that would prove I could speak my native tongue.

I put together as much information as I could, a letter from the headmaster of my high school, my exam results, what the exams actually mean, along with letters of support verifying that I speak/read English from my employer and MPP. Initially this was rejected by the Immigration Ministers office, but later the decision was reversed and I was told to go ahead with my application.

I submitted this between Christmas and New Year 2016 and took my oath in early May 2017. Although times have changed now, the whole process was very quick and efficient.
Anecdotally, it seems a copy of the diploma or school transcripts (demonstrating education in either English or French) would fulfill the requirement. I sent a copy of my uni transcripts and a photo of my diploma (both from the US) and didn't have any problems whatsoever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.